[RELz/WIPz] Unofficial Skyrim Legendary Edition Patch [USLEEP]

Arthmoor

Okay, thank you. Seemed I couldn't find a clear answer anywhere else.

Also SKSE isnt a patch in the normal sense. It just expands the code for skyrim, and does a little bug removal. you can delete or add the file at anytime, so long as you dont have mods that require it. 

USLEEP is just a patch for the base non modded game, so it uses the same basic engine the game does, so no modifications would be required.

I highly recommend you use Mod Organizer, and install SKSE, ENBoost(can change a couple settings so you dont have to have an actual ENB), Safety Load and MemormyLog  mods.

I highly recommend you use Mod Organizer, and install SKSE, ENBoost(can change a couple settings so you dont have to have an actual ENB), Safety Load and MemormyLog  mods.

Hmm.  Arthmoor recommends against using Safety Load because it is obsolete by the SKSE memory patch. See post #9 in the linked thread.

Also SKSE isnt a patch in the normal sense. It just expands the code for skyrim, and does a little bug removal. you can delete or add the file at anytime, so long as you dont have mods that require it.

USLEEP is just a patch for the base non modded game, so it uses the same basic engine the game does, so no modifications would be required.

I highly recommend you use Mod Organizer, and install SKSE, ENBoost(can change a couple settings so you dont have to have an actual ENB), Safety Load and MemormyLog mods.

Yeah I know, like I said I just uninstalled all my mods in favor of a fresh vanilla install. I have used SKSE for as long as I can remember. I just wanted to know if it's necessary for the patches, as I'm going to play unmodded for a little bit just for kicks.

I use NMM. I know people say MO is better but I personally have no need to change. never had too many problems with it. LOOT, NMM, and TES5Edit are plenty for me. I'll install SKSE later when I get back into modding then if it causes no problems as you say. Thanks!

You can also install skse via steam nowadays, which is less prone to errors and also allows you to easily uninstall it at any time without the need to remember which files belong to skse. I wouldn't want to miss the memory fix skse provides (still need an ini for it, but you can get that nmm ready from the nexus)

You can also install skse via steam nowadays, which is less prone to errors and also allows you to easily uninstall it at any time without the need to remember which files belong to skse. I wouldn't want to miss the memory fix skse provides (still need an ini for it, but you can get that nmm ready from the nexus)

I've always used SKSE, but I've never actually heard of this memory fix. what does it do exactly, if you don't mind me asking?

Here's the ini

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/51038/?

And here is a link to ssme, which explains the memory fix a bit. Do not use ssme though, the skse ini does exactly the same thing and is the currently supported and preferred method to fix the memory bug.

(just read the faq entry 1+ 3. the rest is outdated confusing info/gibberish nowadays and no longer applies)

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/50305/?

Here's the ini

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/51038/?

And here is a link to ssme, which explains the memory fix a bit. Do not use ssme though, the skse ini does exactly the same thing and is the currently supported and preferred method to fix the memory bug.

(just read the faq entry 1+ 3. the rest is outdated confusing info/gibberish nowadays and no longer applies)

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/50305/?

I watched a video by Gopher who said that the patch is already included in the latest version of SKSE. So what do I need the nexus link for? Don't I just install SKSE?

• 4 weeks later...

I'm not sure if this is the right forum to ask this, but I was wondering is it a bug that you can't get any bounty quests in Haafingar?

In Haafingar you can get a bounty quest from the innkeeper in Dragon Bridge or Solitude to kill the leader of Broken Oar Grotto. It seems as though further bounty quests aren't available once Captain Hargar is dead.

I figured out why it's impossible to get any bounty quests in Haafingar outside of clearing out Broken Oar Grotto before killing Captain Hargar. It's because none of Haafingar's locations besides Broken Oar Grotto have the required keywords for them to be picked as bounty locations. IronBackHideoutLocation and OrphansTearLocation (and maybe DaintySloadLocation, since I'm not sure whether or not the Dainty Sload counts as a bandit camp) need the 'LocTypeBanditCamp' keyword adding to them. There are no Giant Camps or Dragon Dens in Haafingar so you would only be able to get bandit bounty quests. I've added this as a bug report to the tracker as well.

I don't know if this is the right place to report a "bug" but I downloaded the Unofficial Skyrim Legendary Edition Patch from Steam today and I have noticed a problem.

I started a new game after installing this patch and went to find the 3 hidden Khajit chests - Dawnstar (mine), Solitude (outside the gate at their campsite) and Markarth (near the wall and river). I traveled to Dawnstar and the chest was not there, proceeded to walk to Solitude to check the chest there, again nothing.

Only thing different than previous game was this patch. So I unchecked it from my load list and started again with the same save. Traveled to Dawnstar chest was there, traveled to Solitude chest was there.

After I looted them, saved then exited the game. Restarted and added patch back in to load order then revisited the same sites, no chest again.

Any ideas?

None of the Khajiit caravan merchant chests should be reachable. In fact, we specifically moved at least one way back in v1.0 of USKP.

Moved the Khajiit caravan's merchant chest (74355) which was underground near the Dawnstar mine (8,25) as it could be activated and looted through the ground

• 2 weeks later...

I edited posts #82 and #85 : I added japanese, polish and russian translation download links, also updated voice acting status.

Has there ever been discussion of fixing the vanilla bug that prevents experience from being awarded if you lock pick a chest that has been picked before? Currently, no xp is awarded after a cell resets if you go in again later and clear a bandit cave again and reopen their locked chests. 

Or is that considered a feature not a bug, and if so could someone kindly point me int he direction of how to "fix" it myself?

Does such a bug even exist? I can't say I've noticed anything like that. Then again I don't really revisit locations much.

Yep.  Here is a thread discussing it on the UESP.

The reason I want to make respawned chests give lockpicking xp is because I play with a bashing mod and I don't get any xp from lockpicking a chest that has previously been bashed.  That creates a disincentive to bash a chest for any character that may want to take up lockpicking in the future.

Plus, it really doesn't make sense that you would not get xp for repicking a chest that you picked 30 days and potentially hundreds of chests earlier, that's in a cell that has respawned with new bandits who may have changed the locks or brought in a new chest.

I don't think that's something we can actually fix since handing out xp for lockpicks is something the engine determines internally. There is no exposed settings to deal with that in the CK other than the variables that determine advancement points for use of lockpicking. I wouldn't be surprised if this is just another of many bugs in the way cell resets work.

Hello. I've just register to signal a bug I've found. I read it was corrected, but it isn't in my game.

During the quest Boethia calling, I have to kill her champion in a cave and there is a conflict with a quest given by the jarl to kill the bandit leader.

I tried to do both (after lvl 30 so I have access to the whole cave) but I can't complete any of them ...

For the Jarl's quest, I have to kill the bandit leader but the cursor is on the floor and doesn't move when I kill the bandit.

For the Boethia quest, even if I kill everybody, the quest doesn't continue. It should tell me to pick up the ebonite armor and wear it, but it doesn't and if I do so, nothing happens.

I'm like very frustrated cause I read the patch whould solve this conflict, but it seems it doesn't :/

I don't think that's something we can actually fix since handing out xp for lockpicks is something the engine determines internally. There is no exposed settings to deal with that in the CK other than the variables that determine advancement points for use of lockpicking. I wouldn't be surprised if this is just another of many bugs in the way cell resets work.

Do you think it would be possible to make a SKSE mod similar to what OblivionXP is for Oblivion?  If it's feasible then SkyrimXP would be possible.

I know Anda started to work on a SkyrimXP mod a few years ago, but after a while she stop working on it since she didn't know what to include in SkyrimXP IIRC.

That still wouldn't matter since the system by which it handles advancement is not exposed. Only the point use value for each attempt. SkyrimXP can't fix engine bugs any more than we could, unless AndalayBay can get someone to write an SKSE plugin to address the issue.

The game already keep track on these things and you can view it by yourself via the "Crime" section in the "General Stats" menu in-game (press ESC), so I think it would be possible to get XP for several things in-game. 

But like you said someone need to write a SKSE mod for that kind of purpose.

Vantus Loreius and Curwe have no death container.

Geldis Sadri doesn't offer 24/7 service in The Retching Netch (He starts letting the PC buying and selling from him at 8am and finishes at 9pm) when it comes to buying and selling stuff to him whereas all the others inns in Skyrim offer offer 24/7 service when comes to buying and selling stuff to innkeepers.