[RELz/WIPz] Unofficial Skyrim Legendary Edition Patch [USLEEP]

Arthmoor

Congrads and thanks so much for the hard work.

What about the High Res patch...still needed?

Update:  Nevermind.  I see it is still needed if you want that upgrade.

Updating a Mod That Uses USKP as a Master

Now that the unified patch is out, several of you will likely have mods that explicitly use the USKP as a master file. These files need to be updated by their authors, or new versions issued that target USLEEP specifically. Until such time as this happens, you can make the adjustments yourself using TES5Edit.

This is going to assume you have at least basic knowledge of how to load mods with TES5Edit, and how to edit things and then save the results.

You need to have the old patch ESP files in your Data folder for this to work - do not delete those until you are done with all the files!

Load the mod you need to change into TES5Edit. It will cause the USKP (and any other files it needs) to load up. When it's done, expand the ESP file you need to change, and select the "File Header" record. It should look something like this:

USKPSelected.jpg

On the line where "Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp" is listed, right click, and then change that to: Unofficial Skyrim Legendary Edition Patch.esp

It should look like this once done:

USLEEPSelected.jpg

Close TES5Edit, and when it prompts you to, save the file.

Load the file back up afterward. When it finishes, right click on the ESP and select "Check For Errors" and make sure it hasn't got any unresolved reference errors. If the file has them, you will need to let the mod's author handle it as it will require more advanced editing knowledge. If there are no unresolved ID errors, then this file was edited safely and you can load it into the game with USLEEP.

If the Mod Uses More Than One Patch

Use Mator's xEdit Script to fix the master dependencies. He has detailed instructions on the file entry for that.

It will also work for the single USKP dependencies as well if you'd rather use that to do a whole batch at once.

:banana: Congratulations on the release - So much quality releases lately, XMas came early  :cool:

Edit : Second post needs an update unless theres a new beta out already .. UPP  :ninja: 's 

Hi Arthmoor!

Would it be helpful for me to build an xEdit script that would evaluate mods that had dependencies on the old Unofficial Patches, and then change the masters/reference as necessary to get things working for USLEEP?  I think it could be a nice thing for users/mod authors to switch their mods over, and might save time for mods that require more than 1 unofficial patch or that override new records introduced in the unofficial patches.  The result would be a one click, 10 second fix.

Would this be something worth me putting my time into?

Regarding those mods with several unofficial patches as masters. I used the described method to change the master from uskp to usleep. I then used the same method to change any other unofficial patch master to usleep as master.

Save, reload xedit.

Then finally use "clean masters" in edit. Check for errors said the plugin was fine.

Do you have any more specific objections, why this method should not work, aside from a generic 'don't do it, it's bad'?

If the other mod indeed uses one or more udgp/udbp/uhfp forms, those forms won't match the ones of usleep. And when doing the master change, those forms usage may point to either a) Nothing b) Different forms. I don't know how the "check for errors" of xEdit works, but if enough coincidences happen, even if xEdit does a deep scanning of all possible errorrs (including types mismatch), it may not find any error if the forms were replaced by another one of the same kind.

The first thing to do with these mods is to use the "clean masters" function. If it removes UHFP/UDBP/UDGP, the work is done, because the mods didn't really use anything from them (and if it is only USKP who persists as master, then you can apply the USKP to USLEEP master change procedure).

But if they persist, I'm afraid you will have to search the whole mod to locate where they use any form from UHFP/UDBP/UDGP. And you'll have to fix them manually. I guess they still have the same name in USLEEP, but with differet formid.

Hi Arthmoor!

Would it be helpful for me to build an xEdit script that would evaluate mods that had dependencies on the old Unofficial Patches, and then change the masters/reference as necessary to get things working for USLEEP?  I think it could be a nice thing for users/mod authors to switch their mods over, and might save time for mods that require more than 1 unofficial patch or that override new records introduced in the unofficial patches.  The result would be a one click, 10 second fix.

Would this be something worth me putting my time into?

Sure, that would be helpful, so long as it's able to properly handle the cases of multiple patches being used as a master.

Regarding those mods with several unofficial patches as masters. I used the described method to change the master from uskp to usleep. I then used the same method to change any other unofficial patch master to usleep as master.

Save, reload xedit.

Then finally use "clean masters" in edit. Check for errors said the plugin was fine.

Do you have any more specific objections, why this method should not work, aside from a generic 'don't do it, it's bad'?

You really shouldn't do that. We don't say "it's bad, don't do it" just because we think people are dumb. It's because that can lead to real problems with incorrect form overrides that xEdit doesn't always detect as errors. You literally need to hand check every last one of those things to make sure you didn't end up with something dumb like turning a static rock into an NPC or something - and yes we've seen this happen. The results in-game are not pretty, and the CK would choke on it.

Maybe i didn't run into any problems, because the form ids in question were all main plugin (skyrim + dlc) ids, that were modified by unofficial patches. Not ids unique to the dlc patches. So that way, there was no id lost or mal-rerooted to something wrong (and yes, i did check them all manually, it's not like we're talking tens of ids here)

Sure, that would be helpful, so long as it's able to properly handle the cases of multiple patches being used as a master.

Yeah, that will be the main point of making it.

I'll see if I can tackle by the end of today or tomorrow.  It's high on my priority list!

I don't know how the "check for errors" of xEdit works, but if enough coincidences happen, even if xEdit does a deep scanning of all possible errorrs (including types mismatch), it may not find any error if the forms were replaced by another one of the same kind.

When checking for bad references in xEdit:

1) destination FormID must exist

2) each reference could have associated list of available signatures of records it points at, if present they are checked too

So lets say if you had a marker ref pointing to a STAT record and after fiddling with plugin it points to some wall piece which is also a STAT record, then there is no error from xEdit's pov.

USLEEP removes the Full-Name from FarmhouseWindMill [ACTI:000D2656] and FarmhouseWindMillWR [ACTI:0010B161]. Is this intended behavior?

Yes, that's intentional. Those activators were leftover triggers that do nothing in the base game.

Yeah, that will be the main point of making it.

I'll see if I can tackle by the end of today or tomorrow.  It's high on my priority list!

Update on the Unofficial Patches Master Swapping script:

I've put a good 3 hours into it so far today.  I'm almost done with the code, will be running some tests later this evening.  If everything goes well i will send it to you for testing before 12:00PM PST, Arthmoor.

-Mator

Cool deal. Is there any chance of this being made into a standalone or still just an xEdit script?

Cool deal. Is there any chance of this being made into a standalone or still just an xEdit script?

It's going to be an xEdit script.  Making things standalone takes a lot of time and doesn't make sense for anything that doesn't have:

- A large userbase with repeated use cases over an extended period of time

- A necessity to provide a detailed user experience

- Advanced algorithms that really need to be compiled (native) code to function in a reasonable time

As it stands, this script will have some complex algorithms, but will provide no UX (save maybe a single input box, since it needs no input from the user).  It will also be the kind of thing that is used by people once to create new versions of all of their mods that will require USLEEP instead of the individual unofficial patch ESPs (and those versions could be distributed, assuming no issues with original mod authors).  This is more of a one-shot type of solution than anything else.  It's meant to ease the transition to USLEEP for authors and mod users.  Main reason I'm making it is because Krypt et al. were concerned about this transition.  :)

I can't really say anything about the speed yet because I have yet to run it, but my implementation will generate a map text file when first run (which will take awhile) but can then reuse that map file for all consequent runs, which will make it quite fast (I hope).

How fool proof would this script be for the average user? I was expecting to do a lot of this by hand but if it will even catch 99% of the things that it needs to I'd be happy.

How fool proof would this script be for the average user? I was expecting to do a lot of this by hand but if it will even catch 99% of the things that it needs to I'd be happy.

Don't know yet.  Hypothetically 100% fool proof?  We'll see.

Yes, that's intentional. Those activators were leftover triggers that do nothing in the base game.

The Bashed Patch restores them. In TES5Edit, can I just right-click and remove the Activator branch ?

The Bashed Patch restores them. In TES5Edit, can I just right-click and remove the Activator branch ?

The Bashed Patch is not yet capable of properly dealing with this. At least not on the mainline. I haven't checked with Sharlikran's branch again lately.

UPP team congratulations, looks like USLEEP is on track for File of the Month on Nexus already

Amazed at the amount of endorsements in such a short time too.

The Bashed Patch is not yet capable of properly dealing with this. At least not on the mainline. I haven't checked with Sharlikran's branch again lately.

I had the same issue back in time and i had posted in STEP forums abt it.

alt3rn1ty were kind enough to help me with a very detailed post. Bottom line...untick skyrim.esm at "Import Names" tab when building the BP.

Thanks!  :)