[Sky] Duplicating (summoning) the player, how to?

ladyonthemoon

Hi,

For one of my mods, I need to be able at some point to, somehow, summon a copy of the pc. Summon spells have npc ready to be cast, atronachs, wolves, etc. but it's a completely different matter when you want to summon a copy of the player as he must be identical to what he is at that time: same race, same gender, same outfit, same weapons, same spells, etc.. How could I do that?

Thank you.

I recall about the Summon Doppleganger spell for Oblivion. It uses the same trick as the vanilla game building the Bruma savior statue.

Unfortunatelly, there's no 'fullactorcopy' command in papyrus. So, there's no simple solution. Maybe there's even no solution at all...  :shrug:

I recall about the Summon Doppleganger spell for Oblivion. It uses the same trick as the vanilla game building the Bruma savior statue.

Unfortunatelly, there's no 'fullactorcopy' command in papyrus. So, there's no simple solution. Maybe there's even no solution at all...  :shrug:

I'm aware of the lack of "fullactorcopy" command in Skyrim. Pity... I'm sure there must be a way to do that though; we just haven't figure it out yet. :)

I'm sure this can be done. You may need to use SKSE though. For getting the currently equiped items you could use this function:

GetWornForm

There must also be other functions in SKSE for dealing with the character body parts. An example of this would be the RaceMenu mod which must use these to do what it does.

You should, at least, be able to find all the character info and equipment. Duplicating it in the summoned character is the next problem.

I'm sure this can be done. You may need to use SKSE though. For getting the currently equiped items you could use this function: There must also be other functions in SKSE for dealing with the character body parts. An example of this would be the RaceMenu mod which must use these to do what it does. You should, at least, be able to find all the character info and equipment. Duplicating it in the summoned character is the next problem.

Thank you. Id rather not use skse though. I stumbled on a function named "getgamedata refid". I tried the command "getgamedata 14"; it seemingly worked because the command wasn't rejected but I cannot find any information about that. Any idea?

All right, I managed to make the "summon" part of the spell:

ob_546a50_2015-09-22-00002.jpg

now I must find the way to have him dressed and be able to use the spells, shouts, etc. the player has. :)

Good Job! :clap: How did you get it to work in the end?

The same way conjuration spells are made:

- magic effect,

- spell casting an npc.

The npc is made using the player as a template, using his traits so that he is the same race and gender than the actual player. :)

All right, the issue is not solved yet, as I don't know how to duplicate the player's inventory and spells, but I've decided to make a dummy player instead. The projected player will have a "default" outfit and spells.

Thank you for your help anyway! :)