Skyrim CTD on a previously functioning save - Interpreting my log

Hopper25

Your logs are just full of checks and a bit of garbage, nothing of importance.

A papyrus log is never going to tell you why you CTD'd, unless you're flooded with stack dumps which is bad.

Test by starting a brand new character (get Arthmoor's Alternate Start - Live Another Life) and go to that spot you CTD'd previously to see if it still happens.

I may try that out. And when that happes, then what?

I have already found that exact spot. When I am going out of the Mor Khazgur stronghold, I eventually stumble across a dead fox. As soon as I approach it (sometimes I even manage to loot it), the game crashes. I have tried it several times. When I avoid that path, the game works normally, and no other area so far gave me that kind of CTD.

PS. My crash when loading a previously working save is also gone :)

You have at least one mod that's altered the Companions tracker quest (C00) and causes the USKP's aliases to get dropped. That should get addressed as it means you'll be breaking some bug fixes along that quest line. I doubt it has a thing to do with whatever is wrong with your game though. What you're describing sounds an awful lot like the old Oblivion issue of a corrupted spawn point but I've never seen any evidence of that problem existing in Skyrim.

Thanks Arthmoor,

The Companions quest thing probably comes from aMidianborn Book of Silence that has applied different textures for the Skyforge weapons. I didn't know that could cause problems as well....

As for spawns, the only spawning mod that I am using is Extended Encounters but I haven't ever seen any traces of it in my logs...

No, a texture mod won't have any impact on this. You've got something in esm/esp form that's made changes to C00 that need to either be fixed by the author or dumped from your load order if they refuse. The information not being available will result in bugs with the locations that are being monitored by that quest.

Corrupted spawns won't show up in the logs either. That's not a script related game function. You could take a look at this topic: http://www.afkmods.com/index.php?/topic/3047-oblivion-tracking-down-corrupt-spawn-points/and try the wait period steps (31 days by default rather than just 3) and see if it helps but I doubt it will. Just make sure when you do this that you're inside a cell with little or no activity going on, like one of the vanilla player homes.