[RELz] Unofficial Oblivion Patch [UOP]

Arthmoor

The only mention of Fanacasecul in the changelog dates back to 2007 with UOP 2.1.0.

Reoriented the floor of the ruined Ayleid tower fixing flickering and gaps at the exterior of Fanacasecul (same as was done at Silorn).

It makes no mention of the Ring of Destruction. The purpose of these edits was not to make the ring easier to obtain.

4 minutes ago, Arthmoor said:

The only mention of Fanacasecul in the changelog dates back to 2007 with UOP 2.1.0.

It makes no mention of the Ring of Destruction. The purpose of these edits was not to make the ring easier to obtain.

Thanks very much for the prompt reply - and of course, for your work on this essential mod and the other excellent TES unofficial patches over the years!

Edited by mikeprichard

• 3 weeks later...

There is a claim I read in the following mod: https://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/53020

- Vanilla formulas for effect strength on a potion are broken in multiple ways - Calcinators use wrong game settings, Alembics change poison formula for no reason, and Dispel effect gets weaker if you use Calcinator+Retort than either of the two.

The mod fixes it like that: All effects on created potions are re-calculated using correct settings and streamlined formulas - no weird interactions, effects of all Alchemy apparatus are additive.

I'm wondering: Did Uop fix these issues on vanilla alchemy?

That's not something UOP can address since it requires modification of the formulas at the engine level. That other mod requires OBSE.

On 1/28/2024 at 1:26 AM, mikeprichard said:

Random question I'm hoping someone can help with: for purposes of editing the relevant UESP page (Oblivion:Fanacasecul - The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages (UESP)), I'd like to confirm the exact UOP version that made the edits to the underwater area near Fanacasecul to allow the Ring of Destruction to be acquired more easily. I strongly suspect version 3.0.0 introduced the relevant changes due to its large number of unspecified changes of this general type, but would greatly appreciate confirmation if possible. (A search through AFKTrack didn't help, using terms like "Ring [of Destruction]" and "Fanacasecul".) Cheers!

3.4.0 might actually be your best bet. Based on my personal partial archive of old UOPs, the fix does not exist in 3.2.0, but does exist in 3.4.0, and several fixes of a similar nature are listed for 3.4.0.