[RELz] Unofficial Oblivion Patch [UOP]

Arthmoor

One model I noticed in the current UOP needs fixing. The "BrumaHouseLowerInt01" in the UOP somehow managed to remove the upper portion of the door frame, which existed in the vanilla model.

Are you sure about the filename on that mesh? I'm not seeing one with that name in the folder with the other Bruma meshes.

2 hours ago, Arthmoor said:

Are you sure about the filename on that mesh? I'm not seeing one with that name in the folder with the other Bruma meshes.

Ah...a minor misspelling on my part. It's "BrumaHouseLowerInterior01.NIF". It's the Bruma version of the standard lower class house 01 interior.

Hey guys, I wanted to flag up that we now have an open section for the UOP on AFKTrack: https://afktrack.afkmods.com/index.php?a=issues&project=36

Feel free to continue to discuss things here, but please also file bug reports as this will be a huge help in keeping things organised. It will also help us to track how many open issues we have, which will help to guide when we decide to release another update.

We're aware there are some "historic" issues with the patch beyond serious bugs, we need your help to track them down though.

Working through some of my older mesh fixes and comparing to UOP I found another for you.

"LowerclassTavernInterior01.nif" in the UOP has some UV map errors on the mud ceiling. The texture is skewed in several places. This is introduced by the UOP as the vanilla model has no such issue.

31 minutes ago, Arthmoor said:

Would you mind posting that to our bug tracker so it doesn't get lost in the shuffle?

https://afktrack.afkmods.com/index.php?a=issues&project=36

Sure. How do I log into it? Same as my AFK login? (nope that didn't work). Do I need to register a separate account? nvmd....got it figured out.

Added another mesh error report to the bug tracker. This one for houselower03.nif. UOP introduces an error on the lower right roof gable framework portion (just right of the wooden window shutters). Triangles have been stripped from the mesh leaving a visible hole which was not present in the vanilla model.

Kind of makes you wonder if it was ever a good idea to run stuff through PyFFI the way we all used to do back in the day.

12 minutes ago, Arthmoor said:

Kind of makes you wonder if it was ever a good idea to run stuff through PyFFI the way we all used to do back in the day.

Yeah idk if PYFFI will remove what appear to be good portions of a mesh. Although it could be a byproduct of optimizing. I've seen a number of vanilla models which invert faces on the mesh when you stripify. My guess is this was an accident which happened while other fixes were being performed. 

20 hours ago, mhahn123 said:

Yeah idk if PYFFI will remove what appear to be good portions of a mesh. Although it could be a byproduct of optimizing. I've seen a number of vanilla models which invert faces on the mesh when you stripify. My guess is this was an accident which happened while other fixes were being performed. 

PyFFi *shouldn't* do that. That last one may have been me, I've improved in skill a lot over the years, but my tendency to itterate quickly has left some issues in the past - see the recent update for examples.

Hey, just wondering was Fix Container Disappear Bug ever added to UOP? There was one little problem with this bug fix, in that once you reach expert level in armorer, your items get reset to 100% from 125% when you place them in a container using Fix Container Disappear Bug?

I heard it may of been added to EngineBugFixes though.... not sure.

That mod requires OBSE to run so it's not something we'd include into the .esp for UOP.

On 1/9/2022 at 8:35 AM, Allister said:

Hey, just wondering was Fix Container Disappear Bug ever added to UOP? There was one little problem with this bug fix, in that once you reach expert level in armorer, your items get reset to 100% from 125% when you place them in a container using Fix Container Disappear Bug?

I heard it may of been added to EngineBugFixes though.... not sure.

It does seem to be included in EngineBugFixes: https://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/47085

• 4 weeks later...

You know, some times I think that some QoL changes are more akin to bugfixes and should be added to the UOP, then I think that probably you would get a mass of people actually complaining that you stepped too far.

• 2 weeks later...

In all the playthroughs of Oblivion I've ever done, none of my thief characters were ever ratted out by horses. No matter who they belonged to.

As far as the stones thing, I'm pretty sure that's been fixed in the UOP. I remember having seen something about it back in 2008 before Kivan retired from the project.

The Wells definitely do "ring". I'd need to check a doomstone, but I thought they glowed.

• 1 month later...

Hey guys.

Just wanted to let your know I've got a bit more time coming up, and I'm going to start digging in to some of these bugs. I'm going to prioritise A: game-breaking stuff and B: stuff the patch broke, most of which isn't serious.

The best thing you can do in the meantime is file bug reports, categorise them, and if you can offer us a fix with the report.

• 2 months later...

Greetings All

First, thanks a ton for creating and continuing to maintain the UOP, without which Oblivion would be practically unplayable (or at least it sure seems so sometimes :teehee:).

I did discover a bug that needs squashing in the next update, though: UOPLowLevelProcFixScript, which is supposed to be a run-once script to set the no-low-level processing flag on various NPCs, will never terminate on non-OBSE installs, since the StopQuest command to do so is located inside the if-endif block which checks for OBSE. The StopQuest command needs to be moved outside the if-endif check to ensure the quest (and thus the script) terminates properly regardless of whether the player is using OBSE or not.

I've gone ahead and opened an issue (https://afktrack.afkmods.com/index.php?a=issues&i=32470) on AFKTrack about this so this can be sorted out for the next UOP update.