[RELz] Unofficial Oblivion Patch [UOP]

Arthmoor

It's possible that they won't receive further updates if there was nothing to add to them during this (final) update cycle. I was actually wondering the same thing myself, but haven't had a chance to ask Arthmoor about it yet.

Yes, those are also done as well since none of them had any reports or outstanding files at all in the last 2 years.

Its .. finished ???

To all who contributed .. Many many thanks for the long lasting comprehensive bug squishing

Its about time this was put to bed

:banana::celebration::hug::clap::dancing::beer:

• 4 months later...

I'm working on the Oblivion menu textures and have just realized that the files (from the Oblivion - Textures - Compressed.bsa) textures\menus\map\world are not named correctly. Example, world_map_icon_door.dds is showing the icon for tavern. Several are misnamed in this folder. I do not see this addressed in the Unofficial Oblivion Patch, is this something you would consider a bug fix issue?

P.S. I should note I am working with the latest GOG version of Oblivion. I also have the Steam and Disc versions. I'll open them up as well to see if the issue is the same with all of them.

I did just confirm that the above mentioned issue with the misnamed files are the same for all the versions of Oblivion that I have. Given the UOP will no longer be updated, is it ok for others to address any future bug fixes for issues not covered by the UOPs? Apologies if this is a silly question, but I'm still learning the ins and outs of becoming a mod author. 

As long as they're being done in their own modules, that's fine. Also so long as it's not implied to be associated with our project.

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

Are there any plans to release an updated version that was cleaned with newer xEdit, like USLEEP was ? Unless there are no more ITMs etc to find for older games.

There's no need to do an update for that. xEdit 4.0.1 doesn't pick up any new ITMs. Those were primarily navmesh issues in Skyrim. I don't know if Oblivion's records even got much of a look in the last few months.

I checked for Errors and ITMs and UDRs using xEdit 4.0.1 on version 3.5.6a of the Unofficial Patch. 7 Errors and only 1 ITM. No UDR. Intentional  perhaps. Didnt let it clean. Probably not worthy of an update ?

[00:00] Start: Checking for Errors
[00:00] Checking for Errors in [01] Unofficial Oblivion Patch.esp
[00:00] HighElf "High Elf" [RACE:00019204]
[00:00]     RACE -> Missing required members: FaceGen - Main clamp, FaceGen - Face clamp
[00:00] ABAT "Absorb Attribute" [MGEF:000008C9]
[00:00]     MGEF \ EDID - Magic Effect Code -> Expected 4 bytes but found 0
[00:00]     MGEF \ ESCE - Counter Effects \ Counter Effect Code -> Expected 4 bytes but found 0
[00:00]     MGEF \ ESCE - Counter Effects \ Counter Effect Code -> Expected 4 bytes but found 0
[00:00] ABSP "Absorb Magicka" [MGEF:000008D5]
[00:00] REDG "Reflect Damage" [MGEF:0000188A]
[00:00] SEFF "Script Effect" [MGEF:0000189A]
[00:00] ZSKA "Summon Skeleton Guardian" [MGEF:00038BAE]
[00:10] still checking for Errors in [01] Unofficial Oblivion Patch.esp
[00:20] still checking for Errors in [01] Unofficial Oblivion Patch.esp
[00:27] ShameerHome [PACK:000294B8]
[00:27]     PACK \ PLDT - Location \ Location -> Found a CELL reference, expected: NULL
[00:27] Done: Checking for Errors, Processed Records: 86383, Errors found: 7, Elapsed Time: 00:27

[00:31] Done: Applying Filter, [Pass 1] Processed Records: 1356390, [Pass 2] Processed Records: 1312420, Remaining unfiltered nodes: 1312420, Elapsed Time: 00:31
Removing: BlockDetectionDialogue [FACT:0000AA3C]
[Removing "Identical to Master" records done]  Processed Records: 97271, Removed Records: 1, Elapsed Time: 00:00

The error check is not accurate so ignore that. The single ITM only exists when UOP is used in isolation, and needs to be there. Please trust us when we tell you it does not need to be cleaned or error checked. We've been at this a long time :P

• Thanks 2

• 1 year later...

Just what it says in the changelog. It was supposed to have been uploaded in March but somehow got forgotten.

I thought the changelog was only available in the archive.  I haven't downloaded the archive yet.  I plan on it, but was just curious so I posted here.  But, let me mosey on over to Nexus...

Oh, lol.  Sorry Arthmoor.  Super-noob move on my part, and I really am not a noob.  Thanks.

EDIT:

By the way, Arthmoor.  Or perhaps I should say "help", but I didn't find any issues with that RufioDieScript and mismatched if/endif blocks.  All blocks had the matching number of if's and endif's.  There were indentation discrepancies, but they are not important for compiling.  Maybe I sanitized it and didn't realize it.

EDIT2:

Odd.  I looked at the esp released this week and found the block you edited (because the CSE saves it at the last editing point/line) and saw what must have been the mismatched endif, but it is not present in my earlier (just prior release) version of the UOP.  So either I sanitized it and forgot, or your working with mismatched version?  Or the CSE auto-corrected it (never heard of that in my years scripting)?  I don't know.  Version 3.5.6a of the patch (that I have a copy of) has no mismatched blocks.  You may have something going on with your copies/on your end?

• 2 weeks later...

Question regarding a fix: "UOPFaregylDoorFix", it aligns the door, but shouldn't that be done via manual record correction, not script?  What is the point of this quest/script?

Doors are fully persistent references in Oblivion. The type that can't be displaced with a simple record edit. So you need a script in order to make sure the change gets included in an existing save. So since you need the script anyway, that's how it was decided to handle making the change.

Okay, good to know, but on a new game a record edit should work, right?  And the (very stupid question) positions in the script are correct?  I'm doing some "stuff" and know I will not be adding the UOP to an existing save.  Can I make the record changes and the fix will exist?

Yes, on a brand new game a record edit works fine, but since UOP is also designed to work on existing games, that script handles the job correctly in both instances so no record edit was made.

Gotcha, Arthmoor.  Thanks for your patience with that question.  It was stupid, but I ask stupid questions sometimes.

I've noticed a LOT of the UOP quests and corresponding scripts are for adding to an existing save.  This makes them unnecessary for what I'm doing.  But this leads me to the following follow-up questions:

Quests "UOPRetroactive354" and "UOPRetroactive355", are the changes in the scripts needed or are they also made via direct record editing?  90% (or more) of the new quests and quest scripts have direct record edits that make the scripts superfluous.  Perhaps that number could be 100% but in my modding there were some changes I found in scripts that I could not track down in records.  I completely understand you have to make the mod for existing saves; I'm not knocking the UOP by a long shot.  But I'm working some "magic" here and superfluous records have to go.  :)

Well I answered my question through investigation.  It was a stupid question (again--there'll be more), but "UOPRetroactive354" and "UOPRetroactive355" do have the script changes made via direct record edit.  I've found that 90% (or more maybe--exact numbers are not known) of the new quests with the UOP have direct record edits.

Would you say I'm not thorough enough, Arthmoor?  That all quests have direct record edits?  I know that almost all of them run once and then call "stopquest" as the last line.  I thought I had found several that did of have the edits.  But maybe I just didn't look in the right place.

Also, Arthmoor:  I'm going to investigate this, but I like asking (stupid) questions.  Is there new DIAL/INFO records in the patch with corresponding audio?  I don't know if the patch team found audio that wasn't used and they restored it?  That's more an "uncut" type job, but I like asking questions.

Now, will Arthmoor respond... or do I just have to find out for myself...

Quests are a bit different in that the record changes take effect if you haven't made it to that point in the quest before, so the retro scripts in those cases are meant to fix the bugs if your save has already hit the broken part. We use a much more sophisticated version of this kind of thing in the patches for Skyrim and Fallout 4.

Regarding audio files, yes, there are some DIAL/INFO records that are new in the patch, with their corresponding files under Data\Sound\Voice\Unofficial Oblivion Patch.esp A lot of those will be older work that was done before we took over maintenance of the project.