Bethesda.net

Arthmoor

Hm well yeah. Sucks a bit. Don't really see why they couldn't go the extra mile to transfer all accounts. EA is doing this, of all companies ( well, probably because moving forum accounts to origin accounts gets them more revenue, or at least that may be their thinking...)

Thanks for the heads up, Arthmoor!

If they are not willing to transfer the accounts (which I can kind of understand), the least they could do is offer those with an existing account the opportunity to register the same user name on the new forum before someone else grabs it.

I guess we'll need to wait and see how it goes.

The accounts. Someone is going to get a laugh out of it for sure.

Get ready with "DisplayNameAlreadyInUse1 ... N" :P

Those who are not happy Jan feel free to register with humorous names like "SaveMyAccountFromRoom101" or "BethesdaPlzFixThisSchmozzle" etc.

Edit: Wonder if there are any plans for the Creation Kit site.

I can understand why they can't transfer accounts since passwords are stored encrypted and even Bethesda don't know them, and their new forum software probably uses other encryption method.

But no transfer for the actual forum's content, at least topics and posts even without working links? Jeez, that's really low for their programmers. Unbelievably incompetent for such a huge company with unlimited resources.

Actually I can understand why they don't transfer the contents because those are usually a lot more complex and interrelated with things than user accounts alone are.

They could transfer the user accounts intact if they wanted to and just make us all do a password recovery in the new system to get them back, but they may see that as almost as inconvenient to people as just making a new account would be.

• 2 weeks later...

Posted this morning by GStaff for those waiting and watching closely;

Quick update guys -- right now we're hammering on things and it doesn't look like registration will happen today.

I'll update when I have new info.

Yeah, cause Zenimax broke a bunch of stuff last night I suspect has something to do with all this :P

• 1 month later...

Something is gonna to happen on BSF later today, because I cannot visit the forum and there is also a database error.

I was just there and everything is running fine with no sign of changes.

Keep in mind that I'm at least +6 hours ahead of Bethesda forum, so that could explain why I got the error message while you don't see such a database error.

You also posted 3 hours before I did so if it was a problem on their end they likely fixed it before I logged on :P

Bethesda forum is a couple of hours ahead of you and add those hours to mine plus hours and you'll know how many hours you're behind (not personally intended) me. :P

Huh? None of that has anything to do with anything.

You reported an issue at 9:17am PDT. I didn't log on to the forum until 12:30pm PDT. A difference of 3 hours between when you saw the problem and mentioned it here, and when I replied to you. Whatever happened in the span of that 3 hours they obviously fixed it.

Huh? None of that has anything to do with anything.

You reported an issue at 9:17am PDT. I didn't log on to the forum until 12:30pm PDT. A difference of 3 hours between when you saw the problem and mentioned it here, and when I replied to you. Whatever happened in the span of that 3 hours they obviously fixed it.

I think it has to do with different timezone and my hour was 6.17pm when I posted it, which is 9 hours ahead of you.