Bethesda.net is now live, new forums coming soon

Leonardo

Ugh, that new layout looks horrible to me. Looks like it's going to be a pain to navigate plus the white background has the potential to become strenuous on the eyes. Guess I'm not the only one who doesn't like it.

Ugh, that new layout looks horrible to me. Looks like it's going to be a pain to navigate plus the white background has the potential to become strenuous on the eyes. Guess I'm not the only one who doesn't like it.

Relax Pete, I too had the same reaction as you, but the other day I tried the new forum and TBH it's quite easy to navigate it is just that you need to get use to it.  Try it despite for the white layout. :)

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Gstaff posted this 2 days ago.

We're getting closer on the full move. We were waiting on some toolsets on NodeBB, which we recently received. Fond as I am of these forums, they are likely to be closed out in early April.

The timing is no coincidence btw. April 17 is when IPB 3 officially dies, so they obviously plan to be completely off of it when that happens.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2017-03-21 at 7:31 PM, Arthmoor said:

The timing is no coincidence btw. April 17 is when IPB 3 officially dies, so they obviously plan to be completely off of it when that happens.

Yep, yesterday Gstaff posted a date for a close down of the old forum.

Going to assume that this means that they will be moving all "classic Skyrim" and Oblivion forum stuff over to their "new" site then.

Classic, not really. The forum section is labeled for SSE so it's pretty clear where they're going for that.

Oblivion and Morrowind have sections but they're deserted right now. That's probably going to change soon :P

I just found out a few days ago that the powers that be on Bethesda.net are not going to allow sticky topics produced by community members. Only official topics created by moderators / admin.

So old sticky topics such as OBLIVION MODS FAQ will never be a thing on the new site, which is a damned shame.

I was asking if the Manual Cleaning guides could be stickied while trying to get a duplicate of it moved back to where it should be before a moderator moved it, and thats how I found out about it.

Apparently one of the moderators is lobbying to get that changed, but no idea what the outcome will be.

So aswell as being goddamned awful for editing, navigating, and viewing in its default all white, it will also be less informative for newbies to modding.

I have tried getting used to it, but its seriously arse imho. Really needs Code boxes and Spoilers at least.

I loved Wrinkly's recent comment, WYSIWTF made me chuckle lots :).

It has got better in little ways as time goes on, but its taken an awful long time for not much improvement, and is still crap after all that, so even though I wish it does get better in the future I think it will be a loooong time before it does.

Edit : If Utumno is reading - I changed my password to something ridiculous and gave a bogus email so that my wonkydonky account will now go into permanently waiting for me to validate it .. Which will never happen obviously. Just in case you were wondering if I would be participating on the old forum again, with the closure now imminent I did the closest thing to deleting my own account you can do so that site is no longer an option for me to participate in. If you do try BethNet for a dev topic for Wrye Bash, good luck with the initial post, its going to be a frustrating experience at least.

Oh and beware noob moderators moving you somewhere they think is more appropriate, even though historically you think your given subject should be in a similar place on the new forum as the old, and expect a wait of a few weeks before your chat to the same moderator is answered negatively ..

Classic, not really. The forum section is labeled for SSE so it's pretty clear where they're going for that.

Ah, so they're going to be phasing out the classic Skyrim stuff in the forums. Guess that kind of makes sense now that most people play the Special Edition instead.

The bug with the looping page load can be reproduced by the back button on the browser. At least in Chrome.

Edit: But not always. Maybe something is fouled up if the session expires without actually logging off.

2 hours ago, Leonardo said:

If you haven't visit www.elderscrolls.com lately then you need to go here.

What are we supposed to see there, Leo? *confused*

I don't get it either. They're even 2 updates behind on their ESO announcements in the 3rd panel. :P

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone else unable to log in to bethesda.net recently ?

I wanted to answer Utumno's post here https://bethesda.net/community/topic/38798/relz-wrye-bash-oblivion-skyrim-skyrim-se-fallout-4/18

.. and tell him I think there is an example of what he is looking for in Oblivion mod Weather - All Natural, in its wizard

But for about a week now I have not been able to log in there. I click the Sign In button top of the page same as always, the browser tab goes blank, and I get what I can only describe as a black strip at the top of the screen goes slowly from left to right like a loading bar, but it never reaches the end or loads the page.

Chromium, latest stable version (and its the same version I logged in with before it started doing this, so no change at my end to cause it).

13 hours ago, alt3rn1ty said:

Anyone else unable to log in to bethesda.net recently ?

I wanted to answer Utumno's post here https://bethesda.net/community/topic/38798/relz-wrye-bash-oblivion-skyrim-skyrim-se-fallout-4/18

.. and tell him I think there is an example of what he is looking for in Oblivion mod Weather - All Natural, in its wizard

But for about a week now I have not been able to log in there. I click the Sign In button top of the page same as always, the browser tab goes blank, and I get what I can only describe as a black strip at the top of the screen goes slowly from left to right like a loading bar, but it never reaches the end or loads the page.

Chromium, latest stable version (and its the same version I logged in with before it started doing this, so no change at my end to cause it).

@Alt: No problems with Edge. Passed on your message here if that helps at all.

@All - Thanks for trying it out with other browsers, it led me to find the problem which could be the only thing I may have different to anyone else - Ublock Origin does not like something the site is doing now when you try to login. Previously it was ok, I always use Ublock origin in its default config and just add the MVPS Hosts list to its resources. So either something new about the site, or a background auto update to Ublock Origin, is now rejecting something that beth net is doing.

Temporarily disable UBlock Origin for the site and logging in works again.

Edit : Turns out disabling UBlock for the login may just be a bad idea, the login page tries to load third party java scripting to track and associate your login there with other website activities. Not even sure if bethesda declare such underhand techniques as a practice to expect on their new forum software, but whatever they do or do not fess up to in clauses somewhere .. I certainly will not be disabling UBlock just to log in there. If I can never log in there again they can shove it where the sun doesnt shine, had enough of bethesda crap forum software anyway and this is the last straw.

Bethesda . com is now a gonner ...

http://forums.bethsoft.com/forum/342-bethesda-forums-–-we’ve-moved/

waily! waily! waily!

(although there are still forums open at this time, I think that link is the start of the end, note there are no longer any individual "Forumname - Weve moved" entries, just the one declaring the whole Bethesda Forums has http://forums.bethsoft.com/)