Bethesda.net is now live, new forums coming soon

Leonardo

That's cool, for Chrome- but what about us IE blockheads?

Tampermonkey supports Chrome, Safari, Firefox, and Opera Next, so switch to one of those browsers.  :whip:

I don't have anything funky going on with Chrome (except the ***** site navigation). 

Btw, it seems they partially fixed the connection bug. I still have to re-login after rebooting my computer, but otherwise my login doesn't expire after a few minutes or eveyrtime I leave and rejoin the website.

Just wait. It reliably expires the login cookie after 24 hours. They have not fixed that and don't seem to be interested in doing so.

• 1 month later...

Does someone know what is supposed to change, if i change the settings for discussions and comments between "flat" and "with threads"? Like, where do i even need to be looking?

"Flat" would be like every other normal forum. You should get a page of posts stacked evenly down the page.

"Threaded" has replies to posts indented below them and can be much harder to follow.

So naturally flat view breaks the reply links for each post, making threaded view the only useful choice even though it makes it harder to follow. Jive Software. Garbage.

So in other words, the option that makes it look like a regular thread is the one not called "thread". got it, thanks :D

"Flat" would be like every other normal forum. You should get a page of posts stacked evenly down the page.

"Threaded" has replies to posts indented below them and can be much harder to follow.

So naturally flat view breaks the reply links for each post, making threaded view the only useful choice even though it makes it harder to follow. Jive Software. Garbage.

Worse: even if you have threaded selected (threaded is easier to follow, in my opinion), long threads will display as flat.

Ok, I give up. How the heck do I quote and reply to a specific post? I don't see any appropriate button there.

Ok, I give up. How the heck do I quote and reply to a specific post? I don't see any appropriate button there.

Last time I was there you had to reply the post you want to quote first ..

Then use the " button ( which is in one of the edit modes but not the other IIRC )

.. Yep its weird, dont ask me about multi-quoting, or quoting after replying another post to include a second posts quote - I dont think such things are possible, similar to spoilers, those functions need to be programmed in jive and I think they are not doable  :shrug:

I've just given up on them :|

I'm hoping that by the time TES6 is released, they'll have evolved into something more usable.

Last time I was there you had to reply the post you want to quote first ..

Then use the " button ( which is in one of the edit modes but not the other IIRC )

.. Yep its weird, dont ask me about multi-quoting, or quoting after replying another post to include a second posts quote - I dont think such things are possible, similar to spoilers, those functions need to be programmed in jive and I think they are not doable  :shrug:

This is ridiculous. We used to do this since the first releases of vBulletin for god's sake, and it was almost twenty years ago. Also, I tried as you said and no matter what I do I'm limited to quote the very first post only, it's either me being too stupid or that shit being shit.

I'm giving up on that crap until it's usable.

I've given up on Bethesda forums completely, which is a shame, out of all the forums we TES modders frequent Bethesda's for me have always been my most visited and participated in, because they were always more development friendly and for me the most interesting .. The new site has effectively derezzed all of that

This is ridiculous. We used to do this since the first releases of vBulletin for god's sake, and it was almost twenty years ago. Also, I tried as you said and no matter what I do I'm limited to quote the very first post only, it's either me being too stupid or that shit being shit.

I'm giving up on that crap until it's usable.

I haven't even set up an account over there it's so ugly. But I think you can only quote in Threaded mode? :unsure:

You have to click the link to reply to the person you want (only works in threaded mode) and then once you have the reply box up, there should be a black quote button on the toolbar. Click it.

Need to multi-quote? Forget it. Can't be done there.

• 3 months later...

Reposted from BSF

As Gstaff has just announced, we'll be replacing the Bethesda.net forums this week. These forums will not be closing right away.

We’ve been looking at forum software for several months now. There are many great options, but finding something that works for a community as large and diverse as this one has been difficult. After a lot of searching, we’ve chosen NodeBB.

NodeBB offers a traditional forum experience, with ease of navigation and browsing. There are further adjustments to be made, and these forums allow us to experiment with plugins created by 3rd parties, as well as ones we build ourselves . With our attention focused on the fundamentals, there also aren’t many special features . . . yet. Despite being in their early stages, we feel it is still a significant improvement over the current forums. We’re already hard at work on further improvements, and eager to get feedback from the community on what to add.

By itself, NodeBB is relatively simple, but it’s designed to be easily expanded and customized. This will give us a solid foundation to build off of, and allow us to continually improve the forums over time. It does make it difficult for us to provide examples, since it’s intended to be heavily modified. We'll try to get you some screenshots tomorrow. 

Feedback, both about forums in general and anything specific to NodeBB, is very welcome. NodeBB has a growing plug-in library, and we’d love to get community recommendations for plug-ins to check out!

Not really happy with that choice personally. I've poked around on it. It's basically Jive with color :|

Not really happy with that choice personally. I've poked around on it. It's basically Jive with color :|

I got the same impression.  I disagree, it's not Jive instead it's more like a commercialized graphics overhauled phpBB, the latest phpBB version, forum software.

In case people miss it, there's a preview of the new forum layout and examples, listed in this official post here.

( :sick:  )

Also note the post before that one - no bbc code on launch.