Bethesda.net is now live, new forums coming soon

Leonardo

It's pinned in the fallout 4 general forum. Probably in other forums as well. I can see how that is a bit hidden, i also first saw a complaints thread in the general (non game) discussion, that equally had no pinned thread. Guess the old forums have their issues as well.

Pinned in general? The cesspool forum? :P

I rarely if ever look there for anything. They really should have made it a global announcement.

Leo, GStaff already said so here: http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1599968-were-moving/

Shortly after transition, we will archive these forums in a read-only state.

That means the entire FO4 and Doom sections will be "shut down" and everyone will be expected to use a site that's clearly not ready to be used.

The switch has officially been thrown on *ALL* of the forums covering Fallout games. They've locked the entire Fallout section on the old forums now. First casualty :|

Jive is an HTML based editing package, goes with the territory unfortunately. It doesn't use BBCode.

Jive is an HTML based editing package, goes with the territory unfortunately. It doesn't use BBCode.

BBCode is just an abstraction. The renderer still converts BBCode to HTML. The problem with Jive is bad HTML and CSS practices.

The paragraph spacing issues can be solved simply like so:

#jive-thread-messages-container p[style="min-height: 8pt; padding: 0px;"] {
  display:none !important;
}

#jive-thread-messages-container ul,
#jive-thread-messages-container ol {
  margin-bottom:16px !important;
}

I'm using the Stylish extension for Chrome/Firefox to override their stylesheet. (Bethesda.net Thread)

I'm also overriding your stylesheet, too.  :innocent:

.cke_skin_ips textarea.cke_source, .cke_show_borders, .cke_show_borders .ipsBlockquote { background:#EEE !important; }

textarea:focus, .input_text:focus, .cke_show_borders, .cke_show_borders .ipsBlockquote { color:#111 !important; }

My point was that using bbcode in the post editor will get you nowhere. It doesn't even know how to parse it. My gripe therefore is based on all the saved thread starters I have that I had assumed would "just work" that now won't because Jive doesn't know what to do with even the simpliest codes we're all used to. You have to convert it all into actual HTML before Jive will know what you intend.

And we don't mind if you override our stylesheets :P

I think people here find this interesting since it's a discussion at the official XenForo forum about the future for forums vs social media.

EDIT:  Even the Flarum forum software looks a lot better than Jive.

Something went wrong while trying to load the full version of this site.

Yes, that error message from Flarum does look better than Jive :troll:

As long as there's a discussion about forums here, anyone know of a forum package that integrates with an e-mail discussion list?

As long as there's a discussion about forums here, anyone know of a forum package that integrates with an e-mail discussion list?

I think the discussion here is more about BSF and the community as whole than just a forum software since many of us here have been members for years at Bethesda's official forum.

Sorry, I dunno if a forum software packages has that kind of a feature.

I think the discussion here is more about BSF and the community as whole than just a forum software since many of us here have been members for years at Bethesda's official forum.

There's an on-and-off tangent about forum software.

Also:

I6RDnFT.png

I think I had an account at the older bethsoft.com/bgsforums, too.

Well that's a real bummer, I don't really have any interest in a site designed by and for kindergarteners.

I never thought the same thing happen today when I created my account on Bethesda.net, and what I mean is of course that stupid verify you're human step along by copy a security code through e-mail when logging in from a new device thing.

I give up.  I also said to Bethesda that I say farewell to Bethesda.net and I'll never login there again.

I haven't experienced the same problems. In fact, the forum is growing on me.

I wish I could see the latest reply to a post at a glance and the number of views/replies per thread. You can see the number of views/replies for your threads though.

But I've subscribed to my threads' RSS feeds through Chrome, which notifies me with a sound whenever there are new replies. The inbox/thread tracker is cool, too, if a bit buggy.

You can embed video and post images, too, which would be too basic to laud had they not set up the other forum to prevent sharing media.

I also like that to bump a post, you need only edit your post.

It would probably be at least bearable if the cookie expiration was a sane amount rather than the 8-24 hours it seems to be now. I still haven't figured out why sometimes it loads and I'm logged in, and other times it simply throws down the prompt and won't stop.

It definitely doesn't look like a properly functioning modern form system though. It looks like a glorified social media platform with a forum-like skin on it. Which I guess is what Jive Software is? :P

• 4 weeks later...

Aaaargh fuck. So i posted a comment on beth.net's UFO4P and favorited it. apparently i'm now following its thread and receive a message whenever someone comments on it. I disabled the email notification (really? for that crap it's set to notify on default), but unfavoriting didn't disable me following every stupid comment on UFO4P. Can anyone help me out? where's the button i need to press?

Good luck finding it. Lots of people complaining. No solution evident. More proof that Jive was not intended for this kind of use.

I am so so happy that Jive makes ignoring users so easy with Tampermonkey. I can completely hide posts by username!

// ==UserScript==
// @name     Bethesda.net
// @include  https://community.bethesda.net/community/*
// @require  https://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/2.2.2/jquery.min.js
// @require  https://gist.github.com/raw/2625891/waitForKeyElements.js
// @grant    GM_addStyle
// ==/UserScript==

waitForKeyElements("a", removeUserPosts);

function removeUserPosts(jNode) {
    jNode.each(function() {
        var ignoreUsers = ["username1", "username2"];
        var userNode = $(this).attr("data-username");

if (ignoreUsers.indexOf(userNode) > -1) {
            $(this).parent().parent().parent().remove();
        }
    });
}

You're welcome!

I am so so happy that Jive makes ignoring users so easy with...

Ah the old hiding versus ignoring conundrum.

That's cool, for Chrome- but what about us IE blockheads?

And if Jive does "quoteusername" in a non-filtered post you're going to see the posts anyhow?