Bethesda.net is now live, new forums coming soon

Leonardo

Reposted from BSF

I didn't see this mentioned anywhere here, which is odd...

http://bethesda.net/#en/dashboard

http://bethesda.net/#en/events/article/what-is-bethesdanet/2015/07/13/5

What Is BethesdaNet?

Right. You’re here. First of all: welcome. We’re glad you came to visit, and we hope to be seeing much more of you.
But, you’re probably wondering, what exactly is BethesdaNet? Sure, you’ve poked around and seen some cool content during this initial debut of the platform. But that, friends, is just the beginning. The mere tip of that proverbial iceberg. Because right beneath the surface we have so much going on – amazing stuff that we’re building right now, for the upcoming full launch of BethesdaNet.

Of course, BethesdaNet is, in part, exactly what you see: a central place for all the latest news and info about all our games. But what you see today is only a glimpse of what you’ll be getting. We’ll be producing exclusive features – both video and written – to give you the all the info you crave, direct from the source. We’ll give you in-depth insights and exclusive access to our developers and the games they’re making. We’ll have all the content you’ve already enjoyed in places like the BethBlog, our game sites and our social channels, along with big stories you won’t find anywhere else. We’ll also be debuting a new take on game hubs, where we’ll have the latest deals and details on our lineup of titles.

BethesdaNet will also become the hub of our active and vibrant communities. Soon enough we’ll start rolling out all-new forums, where you’ll be able to chat with each other and with our worldwide community team. Our global community lead Matt Grandstaff gave me a sneak peek of these forums and, well, suffice to say they’re stuffed with some really cool features that we can’t wait to unveil to you! We’ll also have full customer support integrated into these forums, so if you ever have any concerns we’ll be there to listen and help.

And that’s just for starters. Over the course of the coming months, BethesdaNet will continue to roll out new features, including innovative ways to connect with our games and each other. Indeed, BethesdaNet is already being used to support The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited across all platforms, and will be at the heart of all our games going forward. Take DOOM SnapMap, for example: BethesdaNet will allow players to create and share their creations with anyone, regardless of platform. BethesdaNet will also give players access to new features in our games and support new ways for players to create and share all kinds of content. And that’s just for starters. We’ve got some top-secret initiatives that’ll change the way you experience your games!
So stick around. We can’t wait to hang out with you here. It’s gonna be a whole lot of fun!

EDIT: Spaced the quote for easier reading.

• 3 months later...

Something is happening at Beth, but this isn't really news any more :P:

An error occured with the SQL server:

This is not a problem with the IPS Community Suite but rather with your SQL server. Please contact your host and copy the message shown above.

and

Error 504 Ray ID: 2442d0b1979a0b1a • 2015-11-12 14:10:32 UTC Gateway time-out

Something is happening at Beth, but this isn't really news any more :P:

An error occured with the SQL server:

This is not a problem with the IPS Community Suite but rather with your SQL server. Please contact your host and copy the message shown above.

and

Error 504 Ray ID: 2442d0b1979a0b1a • 2015-11-12 14:10:32 UTC Gateway time-out

Certainly Beth try to "improve" FO4 (PC) key binding, and accidentally spoiled servers. :troll:

I think they removed that ddos protection thingy? I'm not getting it any more... :shrug:

Yep, it sounds like they did just that.

• 2 months later...

Hmm .... why is that posted in the FO4 subforum and not just General? :blink:

Nevermind, cuz FO4 and ESO is all it's about.

well actually the main thread with the login link is posted in the community discussion:

http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1588608-bethesdanet-account-creation-soft-launch-coming-today/

i just saw the one in the F4 forum first. i suppose the old forum lacks the ability to pin a thread in multiple subforums

In case anyone wonders: yes i did manage to grab my Username....

and Prince Shroops :P

Ugh. I was kind of hoping they weren't going to go through with this but I guess that hope has been dashed :P

Is the verification email broken for anyone else?

Turned out to be because they sent it as HTML.

I really do not like the software they've chosen though. No preference to change email formats, actively blocks the browser from filling in password data when you saved it, just looks ugly as hell in general. It feels like a massive backward step into 1995 or something.

I'm not talking about LastPass or KeePass though. I'm talking about in-browser saved password support that's worked fine on nearly everything out there, but seems to break down on these newer more "mobile" looking sites of late. The FlatUI garbage that emulates the look of Windows 10 and such. I don't know what it is they're doing, but it stops the browser from being able to fill in the data. It asks to remember it just fine, but that's not terribly useful by itself :P

:shrug: As long as they don't decide to be dicks and expire the cookie every time I turn around I guess it's not that big of a deal.

Everyone must be using webmail these days, I had a bit of a problem using traditional Thunderbird Client email, which I have restricted to plain text only emails

The Verify your email email comes to me with zero content

Eventually sussed what hoops I needed to do and then sent a complaint to support about their assumptions that everyone allows external content and coding ( and subjecting themselves to email exploits ) in emails these days

xRGMJYR.jpg

:D

Everyone must be using webmail these days, I had a bit of a problem using traditional Thunderbird Client email, which I have restricted to plain text only emails

The Verify your email email comes to me with zero content

I too are using Thunderbird Client mail and my e-mail did have content, so I dunno why you get an e-mail without content perhaps notify this to Gstaff.