Inconsistent Telekenetics

Screwball

Simple question:- Why are some items not affected by Telekenesis when others are? There doesnt seem to be any logic to them.

Mammoth Snouts are, Mammoth Tusks are not. Halted stream Camp has many examples of both, along with a Key.

Books are, Keys are not. Ansilvund has both a Book and a Key on (separate) Trap Pedestals.

Some armor is, some isn't. Also on trap Pedestals, Ansilvund has one which is, Ironbind Barrow has one which isn't.

Coin Purses. Some are, some aren't. Mara's Eye Den has instances of both.

What is the point of TK in the first place if entire categories of object (Keys, for example) are unaffected by it, or it cannot be used to avoid Traps, or obtain otherwise difficult to access items?

Not classing this as a bug (as it may be many individual bugs rather than one big one) just opening up a discussion.

• 3 weeks later...

109 views and 0 replies - Telekenesis is obviously such a perfectly implemented feature that it's not even worthy of discussion.

Absent a sarcasm smiley I'll just settle for a :poke:

:P

Heh. Sorry. I never use the spell so I had nothing to offer for it being weird. Figured someone else would chime in but I guess not :P

A highly useful spell for boosting your Alteration skill. It's one of the few spells you can use to increase skill without being in the presence of an enemy. Oddly enough, Muffle is the same for Illusion.

Having spent ages getting Alteration up high enough for it (TK) to be useful it seems a shame not to be able to use it just when you need it :)

That's crazy. I've never noticed that it didn't work on some things, but like Arthmoor I rarely ever use the spell. I think the only time I've ever used it is in Dimhollow Crypt to reach some of the weapons, potions, and some other items that are otherwise impossible (as far as I know) to reach.

Ironbind Barrow. Complete the dungeon and exit by the back door. Go up rather than down and you'll find a Dwemer ruin with potions on top (see the UESP Page) - very difficult to obtain without TK.

The ones I listed in the initial post? Not a clue - I'd have to check each one individually.

So I did :P

** DHS = Don't Havok Settle flag, TK'd = Affected by the Telekenesis spell. **

Halted Stream Camp.

There are 3 Mammoth Snouts and 5 Mammoth Tusks on a shelf. DHS is OFF on all of them, yet the Snouts can be TK'd and the Tusks cannot.

There's also a key just to the right of that shelf, it DOES have DHS ON and cannot be TK'd.

Ansilvund.

Key on Trap Pedestal does NOT have DHS, cannot be TK'd.

Book on Trap Pedestal does NOT have DHS and CAN be TK'd.

Armor on trap Pedestal - I'm unable to check - there is no armor on the pedestal in the CK, but there is ingame.

Ironbind Barrow.

As with the Armor in Ansilvund, there is none evident in the CK.

Mara's Eye Den.

This is the only location, so far, which makes any sense.

There are 2 CoinPurses. One has DHS OFF and CAN be TK'd, the other has DHS ON and CANNOT be TK'd,

• 2 months later...

Slight bump, though it's probably too late now as any changes (if they're made) will go into USLEEP where they're of no use to me :(

maybe it's tied to the weight (as specified on the mesh for havok calculations) of an object? What happens when the magintude of the telekinesis spell is raised?