[RELz] Darkwater Crossing

Arthmoor

darkwater-crossing-logo.jpg

A simple village expansion for Darkwater Crossing.

If Darkwater Crossing ever seemed like too many people with nowhere to live were there, you're probably right. It's major enough for Tullius to know about it to set up an ambush for Ulfric, yet there's a single house there where two people live while everyone else sits around a campfire. Not anymore! Three new houses have been added to provide accommodations for the 4 NPCs who had no place to call home.

* Sondas Drenim will offer to share his house if married to you.
* Derkeethus will offer to share his house if married to you, assuming you haven't recruited him into the Blades.
* All added houses are radiant quest enabled, so you may get Companions missions and anything else that's properly configured to use NPC homes for quests.
* LOD has been generated for the area, including trees that account for the changes.

Check out the video by Nozi87:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ci2vurKpJhY

Download Locations

AFK Mods

Installation Requirements

Official Skyrim patch 1.9.32.0.8 or greater.

DO NOT extract the contents of the BSA file into your Data folder as loose files, or let your mod manager perform an equivalent function on the contents of the file. Doing so will cause things to load in the wrong order and break the game. Skyrim is intended to load a BSA alongside it's ESM/ESP file. Circumventing this causes issues which I will not provide support for. If you insist on going against this advice, you will receive no support for the problems you generate as a result of this.

Installation - Wrye Bash BAIN

Drop the archive into your Skyrim Mods\Bash Installers folder, then install as usual.
Make sure the mod is active in the Wrye Bash mods tab.

Installation - Manual

Drop the Darkwater Crossing.esp and Darkwater Crossing.bsa files into your Data folder.
Activate the mod using whatever management tool suits you.

Uninstalling

Due to the nature of Skyrim mods, especially those adding scripts, it is strongly discouraged to attempt uninstalling a mod from your active game. Any mod that is more than pure mesh or texture replacements has the possibility to leave behind permanent changes to your save that you may not want. This is not something modders can correct for. It is how the game was designed by Bethesda. No support will be provided for anyone who uninstalls this mod from an active game and continues on with that save.

To remove the mod: Delete the Darkwater Crossing.esp and Darkwater Crossing.bsa from your Data folder. Then reload your game as usual.

Load Order

LOOT should be used for optimal placement.

This mod must load after Skyrim Bridges or the landscape and navmesh changes will be wiped out and the NPCs will not be able to access their homes.

This mod must also load AFTER Immersive Citizens - AI Overhaul or the navmesh data will be overridden in areas where the new buildings have been added and the NPCs will be unable to navigate properly.

Compatibility

Fully compatible with Bring Out Your Dead.

Will not be compatible with other mods that change the Darkwater Crossing exteriors.

Disclaimer

This mod is not made, guaranteed, or supported by Microsoft, Zenimax, Bethesda Game Studios, or any of their affiliates.

Cool. :)

Wondering if there's a potential of conflict with this mod on my current game.

Looking at the comments, it appears to have some dirty edits, a few dodgy navmesh placements and even a question mark with Open Cities (can't see how).

Version 1.0.1

Retroactively fix being married to either Sondas Drenim or Derkeethus so that moving into their houses if you want will have all of the correct ownership changes.

Version 1.0.2

Overlooked setting the marriage house center markers for Sondas and Derkeethus.
Grounded 3 floating trees behind Tormir's house.
Made sure all storage in potential spouse homes is non-respawning.

• 4 weeks later...

Version 1.0.3

Fixed incompatibility with Hrefna's parental links for Hearthfire that caused her to talk about her parents as though they were dead.

Hey Arthmoor,

Are you aware of Meieran and Dasturn? Mentioned in dialog at Darkwater crossing but like Froa they don't exist in game. UESP states that:

"Some NPCs in Darkwater Crossing mention an elf farmer named Meieran, but he does not exist in the game. Another nonexistent person mentioned is Dasturn, whom Tormir describes as "telling tales again"."

Are these valid for restoration?

Edit: opps this was intended for the CRF thread.

• 1 month later...

Version 1.0.4

Meieran, an NPC cut from the game, has been added to the village complete with a farm and proper housing. Dialogue in the village that mentions him which the USKP edited has been restored to the originals.

Which is sort of to say, yes, I was aware of them. Both NPCs were thoroughly gutted from the game, but it seems Dasturn was probably Derkeethus' original name so he's not really a candidate for restoration.

I brought Meieran back in DWC since doing so in CRF would have generated too many conflicts.

Well unless something has gone tragically wrong with the various uploads, this issue with Hrefna was fixed in version 1.0.3 and wasn't broken again for 1.0.4. It should also have been retroactively corrected with the 1.0.3 update - as much as it could be anyway. The original reporting parties on Nexus have said this is working properly again and that she came back to the village where she belongs.

I have also checked the other expansions, but none of them had child refs moved into new housing so there's no issue to deal with in those.

• 5 months later...

Found a few floating thickets (or at least they appear to be in my game):

000EF260:  Z -9761.75 -> -9778.14

000EF261:  Z -9743.00 -> -9760.02

000EF262:  Z -9760.00 -> -9802.84

000EF262 was the only one in need of adjustment. The other two were already pretty buried.

Don't know if this is anything to worry about or not:

[02/21/2016 - 07:11:44PM] Error: Cannot call AddToFaction() on a None object, aborting function call
stack:
    [ARTHDWCMarriageSetupQuest (120034F7)].ARTH_QF_DWCMarriage_020024F7.Fragment_0() - "ARTH_QF_DWCMarriage_020024F7.psc" Line 21

It happened while I was testing some things and after starting a new game with LAL (not that LAL would necessary have any effect on the error occuring).

It means it wasn't able to lock the alias for Derkeethus. The only thing it will affect is being able to marry him and live in his house with him.

Version 1.0.5

Grounded a floating bush outside Sondas' house.
Meieran had no axe for the player to use to chop wood for him.
Corrected several navmesh squares in water that were not marked as such.

• 2 months later...

Hi guys, if this is the wrong thread for this, please let me know, first time posting here.

I really don't want to give up DWC, but there's a definite conflict with Verdant.  Since Verdant places its items at vanilla heights, everything it adds is floating in midair in many places.  I was wondering if anyone knew of any patch for this.  Or, keeping in mind I'm not a modder, if there's any easy way to fix this. 

I don't want to give up Verdant's worldspace edits, either.  So if it comes down to it, it's either patch/fix it or remove DWC.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...