The Big ESO thread.

Lorelai

Yeah, they've worked most of the bugs out in the 64-bit client now. The sound and graphics were bugged for the longest time. I'd assume that in order to use the 64-bit version, you still have to launch the game from the ESO64.exe in the game folder unless they recent added a feature into the game launcher or something.

Yep, they added a checkbox for it in the launcher and set the checkbox to default on, so a lot more people will end up using it now.

I'm not sure if i missed anything over the past few days but i had two patches bigger than what the Forums said, one was at least 6000mb and the other one about 3000mb. I only logged out about a few days ago :/

The downloads themselves were fairly small, but the files they patched were large. You sure you didn't just read the "patching" part thinking it was the downloads?

New DLC coming, can't say I'm impressed despite it being Argonian themed.

Yeah, now it looks as though it is just going to be two new group dungeons instead of a whole new zone. Can't really say I'm very impressed either. It better cost less than the previous DLCs or else I'm not sure I will even consider purchasing it.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/276965/pc-mac-patch-notes-v2-4-10

• Improved the speed at which the Looking for Group system can analyze and match players.
  • Fixed an issue that would occur if you joined the Group Finder with a group of three, and one player left, that the queue would not replace that player.

Hope they actually have it fixed this time.

• Fixed an issue where lockboxes, Thieves Troves, and chests displayed an item name instead of the correct container name.

:blink: Okay...

Oh good, that group finding stuff was annoying as hell.

That issue with chests and stuff, someone is on skooma, never saw that once in the hundreds of those I've opened.

• 2 weeks later...

Few fixes, but one that's been irritating me for awhile - all those books in Kvatch it wouldn't show me so I could clear the lore book markers :troll:

Oh, so that's why I still have so many markers left in the Gold Coast area. Good to know they fixed it.  :D

• 2 weeks later...

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/281584/pc-mac-patch-notes-v2-5-5

A large update (~4.6GB) with the Shadows of the Hist DLC pack.

We've improved the rewards from the Undaunted chests!

• The items you obtain from these chests will now always scale up to your current level and Champion rank.
  • We've also increased the availability of Monster Set shoulder items in these chests.
    • You will always find a Monster Set shoulder piece in the Gold chest, often in the Silver chest, and occasionally in the Bronze chest.

No mention of whether the monster set pieces will still have the possibility of having useless traits like prosperous, well-fitted, decisive, and so on.

River Troll

• It is now more difficult to cancel Lope’s cast by running away from a River Troll.

:troll:

The top tier of durable Crafting Writs (Blacksmithing, Woodworking, and Clothier) now require only the top tier of material.

No more combination of void and ruby items required in top level writs.

Nirnroot can now be found in Cyrodiil!

:huh: Never noticed that they forgot those there.

North American and European PC/Mac megaservers for maintenance – August 03, 3:00AM EDT (8:00 BST)

Bah, so much for tonight :P

I'm probably gonna regret having done that... :P

I probably will too.

North American and European PC/Mac megaservers for maintenance – August 03, 3:00AM EDT (8:00 BST)

Bah, so much for tonight :P

Lame. Maybe they'll actually fix two or three of the two dozen things they broke yesterday with the big update. :troll:

The 2 new dungeons are actually really cool but really mechanic-intensive (ie. you don't follow the mechanic, you're screwed)! 

Great improvements to PvE with trial/vDSA scaling and overall performance feels much better even with my potato ping. 

Also I did vDSA as DPS with a *really* bad tank and that had to be the WORST experience I have ever had in ESO.

4 1/2 h and a pathetic score because the tank was useless and wasn't taunting anything, or almost anything. Never again. >_>

Latest patch notes: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/284970/pc-mac-patch-notes-v2-5-7

Combat & Gameplay
General

• Continued to make improvements toward the issue where you were unable to invite other players to your group.
    • Note: You may run into an issue if you initiate a group, it appears like nothing happened. As a temporary workaround, you can relog or change zones, and the group UI will then appear.

Hope they fixed it this time. :peer:

The 2 new dungeons are actually really cool but really mechanic-intensive (ie. you don't follow the mechanic, you're screwed)!

I tried one of the two dungeons on normal and thought it was quite confusing. You're right that the mechanics are tricky. Not sure I want to think about how hard it would be on veteran.

They know LFG is still broken, they said they are "ashamed" and very sorry that the last attempts to fix it did not work. They are still working on it.

They've been unsuccessful in fixing this in the last three patches. Somebody doesn't know what they're doing or else they don't care.

One Tamriel update will be a FREE basegame patch with an overhaul of all dungeons that don't have a vet mode yet. They will all have a normal and an extended vet mode version. They will also drop the 17 new monster sets that have been datamind.

Yeah, a free base game patch that will (as much as I hate to say it) probably be the beginning of the end of the game. The servers they have right now already can't handle the large number of people in areas like Mournhold. Not sure what makes them think they can get away with merging all three alliances together and not have even worse performance issues (lag, frequent load screens, frame rate drops, etc.). I don't personally expect update 12 to go well because they've failed to address about half of the issues that they broke with update 11 (and there were a lot).

I don't know why they have to do it, I've played WoW and while you can enter enemy territory it is dangerous even on PvE servers the NPC's are high level and will kill you   

Adam, the thing is, with One Tamriel, it's going to battle scale the content. Which is something I think is just plain dumb. Anyone can go anywhere and survive it even though there SHOULD be a proper difficulty curve in place.

Also saw some stuff on the forums about 17 new monster sets, on top of all the ones that already exist. I mean, ok, that SOUNDS nice, but god damn the random generation is going to make that hell.

The one good thing so far I've seen is that they're redoing Craglorn to be soloable. FINALLY. It's the only story content of any kind I've not been able to do yet because of the dumb 4 man team requirements.

I agree with the battle scale thing, it get's rid of working up to something, or wanting something hard so go to a higher level zone. But the graglorn thing I am looking forward to too