The Big ESO thread.

Lorelai

400MB for that little bit? This felt more like a secret update for the DB content they already sent us :P

• 2 weeks later...

Apparently there's a bug that will be introduced with the Dark Brotherhood DLC patch that will auto-withdraw materials (and maybe other stuff) from the guild bank and put them in crafting bags. For those who are subscribers you might want to keep that in mind so that all the stuff doesn't disappear from the guild bank. :xmastroll:

By the way, this isn't something that is mentioned in the forums (yet) so it's unclear whether or not they plan to address it while the server is down for DLC patch maintenance or not. I heard about it from the guildmaster in a trading guild that I'm in and she claimed that lots of guilds are shutting down guild bank withdrawals temporarily as a precaution until it's clear that the bug is fixed. As far as I know, those of us who don't subscribe won't have to worry about it since the crafting bags won't be available.

Patch notes: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/268496/pc-mac-patch-notes-v2-4-5

A lot of changes along with the new DLC. The notes claim that the patch is a 3.36GB download; it seemed larger than that for me but I didn't exactly keep track.

Each harvestable runestone is guaranteed to contain an Essence and an Aspect rune, and one third of the runestones you find will also contain a Potency rune.

Guess they decided to reconsider their previous decision of removing Potency runes from nodes entirely. I still don't understand why they thought that might have been a good idea.

Starter Islands
Upon completing or skipping the tutorial (Wailing Prison), new characters will now appear on the starter island for their alliance: Bleakrock Isle for Ebonheart Pact characters, Khenarthi’s Roost for Aldmeri Dominion characters, and Stros M’Kai for Daggerfall Covenant characters. You can take a boat from your starter island to your alliance’s first major city, at any time.

It's nice that they finally changed this back. Why they ever changed it in the first place is beyond me. :crazy:

Survey reports will no longer be consumed as you approach the associated survey site. Instead, the report will be consumed when you touch a rich resource node from the associated survey site.

That was annoying when they disappeared so far away.

As long as they've plugged the survey exploit that last one should be fine.

The whole thing with rune changes makes zero sense to me. There was nothing wrong with them to start with. It's like they're changing things just to change them.

New patch: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/270149/pc-mac-patch-notes-v2-4-6

All ability and morph respec costs have been restored to the original cost of 50 gold per point instead of temporary cost of 1 gold per point that we put in place for the first week after Dark Brotherhood launch.

Wish I had known about that because I've been meaning to do a respec and that would have much cheaper. Don't recall them ever mentioning that publicly or if they did I missed it. :peer:

64-bit Client

• Fixed an issue that was causing occasional crashing when using the PC version of the 64-bit client.
  • Fixed an issue that was causing certain textures to be missing or appear black when using the PC version of the 64-bit client.

Finally. I hope this eliminates the crashing problems I was having with the 64-bit version. Not seeing any mention of the audio issues being fixed though which I know nearly everybody has been having. :|

Graphics & Performance

• We have made general framerate improvements both the 32-bit and 64-bit Mac and PC game clients.

This sounds good. Nothing mentioned about the server lag that often happens at random.

Fixed a number of issues related to interactions and the use of quest items that were blocking quests from non-DLC zones.

Okay... Too much detail here in this entry about what was fixed. :troll:

Wish I had known about the respec thing too. Would have done it since I'd like to recover a few skill points I used on stuff they gimped over time.

Also they may have updated these patch notes, cause I see this:

Audio

• Updated the PC version of the 64-bit client to help address cases of random/incorrect sounds playing
  • Updated the PC version of the 64-bit client to help address cases of audio static playing

Which is exactly what I've been seeing all week.

Yeah, that for sure wasn't there when I looked earlier. Let's hope it actually fixes the issues,

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/271368/pc-mac-patch-notes-v2-4-7

Fixed an issue where Aldmeri Dominion and Ebonheart Pact characters could not accept Bounty Quests from the Bounty Boards in Anvil and Kvatch.

Fixed a rarely occurring issue where you would not receive Contract Quests in your character’s home alliance after reaching level 50.

So I guess you can actually do those now? Hopefully...

Fixed the Medicinal Use passive so it once again improves the duration of consumed potions.

Not sure how they broke that in the first place, but they did. Kind of pain for those with the passive.

Fixed a number of issues with interactible quest items not being interactable when prompted by the UI.

Unbridled Wealth: You can once again interact with the dead guar associated with this quest.

Azura’s Relics: You can once again collect the chest key from the backpack associated with this quest.

This was what I was talking about. They broke a number of side quests somehow in the last patch.

What little details there are about the One Tamriel thing are listed at the bottom of this page: http://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/2016/06/12/matt-firors-message-from-be3

You can already play any race in any alliance if you buy the Adventurer's Pack from the Crown Store (I think it was like 2000 crowns or something last I checked). I wouldn't expect that they're going to make that a thing for everyone given that they can make extra money off of the crown store pack. What it sounds like is that they're going make it so you can go to any zone in any alliance at any level which is something they've restricted players from doing at least until they reach level 50. So in other words, the three alliance system is pretty much going to be dissolved except for PvP areas.

So in theory, if i wanted to play a breton and hang out with you, that is already possible? I suppose you need to buy these crowns for real money though, right?

The way it works by default is that a Breton is part of the Daggerfall Covenant alliance. As an example, if you were to buy the Adventurer's Pack, you could play as a Breton in the Ebonheart Pact or Aldmeri Dominion alliance. It sounds like the Tamriel One idea is basically going to remove any restrictions on playing with your friends in a given area of the game world despite which alliance you choose at the beginning. Another thing to keep in mind is that they have two servers for PC players, a North American and a European. I would strongly suspect that you will still need to play on (and install the game on) the same server that your friends play on.

Yes, crowns do cost real money. It's a messed up system because you have to buy a fixed number of crowns in packs of 750, 1500, 3000, or 5500 at once. They don't let you specify exactly how many you want to buy which is very inconvenient (and in my opinion seems almost criminal) because the DLC have cost 2000 and 2500 crowns (with the exception of Orsinium which is actually 3000).

You can often find the Adventurer's Pack (the "alliance freedom" thing) bundled with the game on discounts at various outlets. That's how I got mine.

As for DLC, I would think it obvious you'd need the DLC to access the DLC zones :P

One Tamriel will be a base-game patch, affecting everything within the game. That said, buying all DLCs is the norm for games like these. They add so much content & value, so not getting them is like playing a half written story, for me at least.

Never can tell for sure what they're up to. If the rumors are true, the next DLC is going to be Murkmire (which is part of Black Marsh). They were going to make Murkmire be all group content like Craglorn, but it sounds like from what I'm reading and hearing they've got some negative feedback and are reworking it to be mostly solo content like Orsinium.

I've read about a Vvardenfell DLC as well but unless they're not telling us something that may not be coming until the 4th quarter of 2016 or later.

Yeah, they've worked most of the bugs out in the 64-bit client now. The sound and graphics were bugged for the longest time. I'd assume that in order to use the 64-bit version, you still have to launch the game from the ESO64.exe in the game folder unless they recent added a feature into the game launcher or something.