The Big Fallout 4 Thread

VaultDuke

Again, we will save someone?

I want to kill, pillage, rape, not necessarily in that order. :innocent:

Ooo, the Children of Atom. I had a feeling they'd be used for more than just fillers in the Glowing Sea :P

So, other than the numerous ways to crash the game, there's the cell reset bug, new scrap records break the workshop system, and now cell edits block mesh overrides.

This game is more broken than the CK—and the CK is supposed to be broken at this stage.

I really hope they address the bugs we've reported.

Same here, because if they don't, I see no future in modding this game. It's simply not realistic to declare all cell edits of any sort off limits because you may or may not hit some bug that wasn't there in Skyrim. It's why we're suspending UFO4P updates until this shit gets straightened out.

I give up. They deleted all of my mods because "we needed to get the Creation Kit update out quickly, and couldn't do that with console mods in the system." Fuck this game and Bethesda.net.

I managed to generate CDX file.

CreationKit.exe -BuildCDX:InteriorsEnhanced.esm

- ESP must be changed in ESM in xEdit (It does not work with the ESP files, I tried and freezes or CTD CretionKit)

- Plugin can not contain spaces " " in the name

-OptimizeMasterFile
-ExportDialogue
-GenerateLips
-ExportFaceGenData
-TagifyMasterfile
-ExportText
-CompileTextExport
-DelocalizeMasterfile
-SaveDefaultPlugin
-CheckInPlugin
-DumpNeededFiles
-OptimizeDLC
-GenerateSEQ
-GenerateWarnings
-GenerateAnimInfo
-GenerateSingleLip
-GenerateStaticCollections
-GeneratePreCombined
-GeneratePreVisData
-DepersistRefs
-MapMaker
-MapInfo
-OutputAreaArt
-UpdateModelData
-ExportDismemberData
-ConvertMaterials
-ImportScalingData
-CompressPSG
-BuildCDX

It generates empty ESP plugin "CombinedObjects.esp" with master from "InteriorsEnhanced.esm"

CreationKit.exe -GeneratePreCombined:InteriorsEnhanced.esm

EDIT

I generated (for testing this method) CDX files for "All" DLC and they are exactly the same as the original files (binary comparison)

That's quite interesting and something new, nice opportunity for experienced mod makers. Too bad they will have to struggle with bugged CK to achieve a good result

http://www.geforce.com/whats-new/articles/make-a-fallout-4-mod-for-a-chance-to-win-huge-prizes

Well. Hopefully whoever they get to do that stuff has better luck than the rest of us. 

I give up. They deleted all of my mods because "we needed to get the Creation Kit update out quickly, and couldn't do that with console mods in the system." Fuck this game and Bethesda.net.

Do what now? I mean, sure, that obviously sucks, but is it REALLY their fault that a bunch of people jumped the gun? I'll admit, I was going to do the same today but after SMKViper basically warned everyone off of that I decided against it. Probably just in time? :P

Still, they aren't even acknowledging the bugs in the CK and the fact that the whole thing is a giant mess and we have to go through so much crap before something works right. If they don't fix all that shit this game has no long term future except as Settlement Simulator 2016.

Ok, cool. Now... for those of us who don't know, what does one of these files do for us? :P

Can it be used with an esp file once it's generated?

Ok, cool. Now... for those of us who don't know, what does one of these files do for us? :P

I am, (it seems to me) on the good way to determine for what they are. (CDX files)

Can it be used with an esp file once it's generated?

Game loads them with ESP and ESM. (Resource Monitor)

Do what now? I mean, sure, that obviously sucks, but is it REALLY their fault that a bunch of people jumped the gun? I'll admit, I was going to do the same today but after SMKViper basically warned everyone off of that I decided against it. Probably just in time? :P

It's not their fault we jumped the gun. It's their fault we could. And it's their fault for burning down a forest to put out a fire.

On the bright side, I received a PM from one of the staff who says they're looking into restoring the mods they removed.

But I'm working on an external website for my mods anyway.

I believe that CDX files are for "XCRI - Combined References" in CELL

1. I generated CDX for test plugin. (CELL interiors)

2. I removed from my test plugin all "XCRI - Combined References" from CELL (interiors) CK each time CTD (I tried ten times)

3. So I decided to delete all "XPRI - Physics References" leaving all "XCRI - Combined References" and generated CDX is the same as in the first case.

Hmm. May have to try that and see if it solves the issue of having to make a dummy edit on a form in the XCRI list. Would be nice if they'd make visible GUI options for this stuff inside the CK though.

Do we know if uploading these to Bethesda.net works? Will the process think to include those?

But I'm working on an external website for my mods anyway.

I wouldn't mind having you back on Nexus actually (not sure if you hold a grudge against nexus itself or its community). If not, and you stick with the "personal website only" strategy, some RSS feed or a twitter account to keep track of your activity and mod updates would be nice.

I wouldn't mind having you back on Nexus actually (not sure if you hold a grudge against nexus itself or its community). If not, and you stick with the "personal website only" strategy, some RSS feed or a twitter account to keep track of your activity and mod updates would be nice.

Gosh, you don't know how many times people ask me to upload my mods to the Nexus every day. I never say why I won't return because I don't want it turn into a big thing. It's a personal decision for me.

With that disclaimer out of the way, I don't support the Nexus primarily because they turn a profit on the traffic that modders bring to their business and they don't provide a mechanism for modders to share in that revenue a la YouTube and Twitch's Partner Programs. I've had this conversation privately with Robin before; he was not receptive at all. He thinks that reinvesting in his business can double as an altruistic act. I do not agree. Nobody would accept that reasoning from any other corporation that uses your content as part of their business model. So, I believe very strongly that I should not be giving the Nexus something for free that is worth something to its business.

As for an activity tracker, GitHub offers an RSS feed for Commits, which is the ultimate activity tracker, second to only looking over my shoulder.

The mods available on this website are always up-to-date.

I also have a Twitter account, but I don't use it. Social media is too much like work, and I'm trying really hard to turn off my marketing brain.

Hello all

As many of you know, yesterday we removed mods that utilized an .ini settings workaround that appeared to allow mods to be staged for Xbox One and PlayStation 4.

Knowing that these would be problematic for future updates to Mods (including today’s Creation Kit update for Xbox mod support), we needed these mods to be removed. While we communicated the need to remove these in real-time, we were admittedly very hasty in the takedown process, and it’s something we’ll learn from. Likewise, if there’s something you’ve discovered – like these settings – feel free to ask us questions and we’ll do our best to answer. We're still very early in the process and we changes in how things works and how things need to be adjusted.

Unfortunately, we’ve discovered for the mods that were removed, we cannot restore restore the meta-data (downloads/favorites/rating) and user comments. In future instances, we want to give more of an opportunity for folks to react than we did.

We apologize for this inconvenience and we will do better.

https://community.bethesda.net/message/80230#80230

Well at least they're willing to admit they acted too hastily. That's an improvement over radio silence :P

I do think this community bites itself in the ass way too often with jumping the gun on discoveries like that though.

Gosh, you don't know how many times people ask me to upload my mods to the Nexus every day. I never say why I won't return because I don't want it turn into a big thing. It's a personal decision for me.

With that disclaimer out of the way, I don't support the Nexus primarily because they turn a profit on the traffic that modders bring to their business and they don't provide a mechanism for modders to share in that revenue a la YouTube and Twitch's Partner Programs. I've had this conversation privately with Robin before; he was not receptive at all. He thinks that reinvesting in his business can double as an altruistic act. I do not agree. Nobody would accept that reasoning from any other corporation that uses your content as part of their business model. So, I believe very strongly that I should not be giving the Nexus something for free that is worth something to its business.

As for an activity tracker, GitHub offers an RSS feed for Commits, which is the ultimate activity tracker, second to only looking over my shoulder.

The mods available on this website are always up-to-date.

I also have a Twitter account, but I don't use it. Social media is too much like work, and I'm trying really hard to turn off my marketing brain.

Fair enough. I'll stick with visiting the website every then and now.

@NicoCoin: Kinda look like it, but the weird part is that the DLC already released aren't listed in here. 

And if they're really going to make multiple workshop dlc, they're definitely a bunch of *******, considering how little the first one added to the game, it's really focused on generating money by selling DLC or pushing the season pass as a pre-requisite.

LOL

Yj6ol8T.png

Will probably already been moderated whenever you guys read this thread, so I won't bother with the link, but still... >_<

Still up as of my post, reported, obviously. Pirates. Pirates never change. :pirate::nuke:

• 4 months later...

I'm working on an Excel project which lists every single FO4 Workshop item, in the "order" the game lists them (all kinds of related values/info for the different items is also listed)

https://abload.de/img/image185ruj.jpg

https://abload.de/img/image2y4qyg.jpg

I would like to get some feedback on this. Do I got them all or did I miss something? Is my current number of 2136 workshop items in total (all DLCs) correct? General feedback? Suggestions as to how certain aspects could be further improved would be great aswell.

Anyone interested?