The Big Fallout 4 Thread

VaultDuke

I don't know why everything Bethesda has been doing lately has been so clumsy, for lack of a better word.

• They offer an Automatron beta and ask for feedback, but release the Automatron beta as the final build without addressing any beta feedback.
  • They offer early access to the Bethesda.net forum and ask for feedback, but push us over to the Bethesda.net forum without addressing any early access feedback.
  • They offer a Survival Mode beta and ask for feedback, but... you can guess what will happen here.
This pattern gives me the impression that they just don't care anymore.

This pattern gives me the impression that they just don't care anymore.

I have such a feeling since I play Beth games. (2002) :trumptroll:

"New Survival Mode" better modifications were made for Fallout 3 ~5 years ago.(Imps More Complex Needs)

EDIT

Enabling Mods in Survival Beta :lmao: <<<--- This is a very bad way to load the ESP / ESM

Today, no longer I have the time.
There are some interesting changes in version 1.5.141 INI.
Compare INI from 1.4.132 -> 1.5.141 version and you will understand :) (saveini)

EDIT

By add appropriate entries in Fallout4.ini, DLCList.txt and plugins.txt you can load up to ten Additional Plugins in Fallout 4 1.5.141 Survival Mode. (Apart from Fallout4.esm and DLCRobot.esm)

How to do it is described above in this post ;)

wKHt7g1l.png

Heh. I bet someone forgot they even added that hlp command for Skyrim. Now watch, it'll be the next thing they remove. Might even be justified since it's prone to bugginess and you can't control load order with it.

WTF ! Beth' disabled the console in this update ?  :stare: How will we track all the placement errors and debug their badly designed quests ?  :angry: What's the next step ? Removing Papyrus logging feature to avoid us from fixing their shitty scripts ?  :bat:

... What's the next step ? Removing Papyrus logging feature to avoid us from fixing their shitty scripts ?  :bat:

Suggests these ideas can be bad end:P 

I understand that Beth turned off support for mods and console in (1.5.141) order to have more reliable reports.

But I still get the impression that all the changes that have recently introduced by Beth in to Fallout 4 IMO they are designed to slowly unify the PC versions with console wersion.

I hope that I'm wrong and this is just my exuberant imagination...

After all on consoles will never be such a thing as:

- Consloe comands

- F4SE (which was based on will be a lot of good modification)

- LOOT/BOSS

- Or even some good textures with higher resolution. (I do not mean the 2k eye or 4k bottlecap textures :rofl:)

I think people need to stop and breathe. Patch 1.5 is still beta. It was put out there for people to test survival mode. Proper testing needs to be done with no mods. So this isn't exactly the wrong approach.

Get mad at them if they forget to remove the restriction later after 1.5 leaves beta, or at worst, if they don't remove the restrictions once the CK is out. I mean, right now, if the CK dropped tomorrow, it would be worthless because the beta disables any means of adding mods you'd be making. Would that really make sense as a permanent feature?

And no, I consider such things as the Nexus "mod" to bypass the restriction using the flaky HLP command to be BAD IDEAS right up there with using Snip.

I think people need to stop and breathe. Patch 1.5 is still beta. It was put out there for people to test survival mode.

As above, none of the feedback solicited in any of the recent betas was addressed. This "beta" is just early access.

Proper testing needs to be done with no mods. So this isn't exactly the wrong approach.

Proper testing needs to be done by proper testers...

Gstaff responded:

I'm still getting used to the forums, too. Happened to see this thread as I'm flying back home.

So a few things re: mods.

First, we didn't disable them. As Jurassica mentioned, introducing the revamped Survival Mode to Fallout 4 introduces significant changes to how the game operates, and with this, it can have an impact on the mods you're attempting to load in. We're already seeing folks in this thread figuring some things out, as is the case when we put out other updates.

Second, Survival Mode is in beta right now, and during this process, we're going to be relaying feedback to the team based on all of your experiences. We're getting feedback in this very thread and that's why we're following up.

With the beta, it's great to hear your feedback while playing mods however most of these mods were created before we even announced the new mode. Like add-ons, Survival Mode brings changes to the game, and we simply cannot test for all scenarios for all third party mods. We encourage you to give Survival Mode a shot without mods. If you'd prefer to wait until it's released, that's okay, too. And of course, the mode is entirely optional.

Lastly, since we're on the topic of mods, we will be reporting updates soon on the new Creation Kit for Fallout 4. Thank you & stay tuned.

How long will mods be disabled? - Bethesda.net

I believe the above is not true, or they have also added some other ability to lock out mods or content. I can understand why they would prevent mods when a beta is being used in order to stop false bug reports and wasting valuable developer time. This is only prudent to do, but I think they should be forthright about it. The beta now tries to connect to Bethesda.net (where as the official release does not) as illustrated in this screenshot. Ignoring or denying the connection prevents the game from running at all.

9d5K8QG.png

I can understand why they would prevent mods when a beta is being used in order to stop false bug reports and wasting valuable developer time.

If they were seriously interested in bug reports, there'd be a bug report form, or application, which would involve uploading important files, like a DirectX diagonistic, relevant screenshots, relevant saves, the *.ini files, and the loadorder/plugins/modlist.txt files. But they're not seriously interested in bug reports. FYI: They can already see whether a save was created with mods installed, so the loadorder/plugins/modlist.txt files aren't totally essential.

The beta now tries to connect to Bethesda.net (where as the official release does not) as illustrated in this screenshot. Ignoring or denying the connection prevents the game from running at all.

Yikes.

edit: Posted your screenshot to this thread.

It would seem the forum admins have been given bad information. Jurassica told people mods aren't disabled. Now GStaff is telling people the same. Yet I cannot load the beta with Patch 1.5 and mods active. The game flat out tells me it's disabling my fusion cores mod and the save it makes very clearly no longer has it attached. Further, the plugins.txt file is marked as read-only and was not deleted or altered so it simply isn't reading it at all now.

All of that was checked before I even went to look for any options for survival mode. So it's not even active yet and the game chucked the one mod I had installed.

Again, I still think blocking access to the use of mods while in a public beta is an acceptable thing. Keeps things simple, because God knows people put stuff out there that causes all sorts of unknown conflicts with things. While Bethesda allows us to mod, they have made it crystal clear in the past that they do not officially support them, so why would they want their beta feedback people dealing with that?

That outbound connection to the firewall is a whole other matter and does raise some concerns, but that should be in a different thread over on Beth's forums than the one for mods being disabled.

Compare yourself INI setion [bethesda.net] from last version with beta and pull conclusions what to do.
Let me just say that I can without any problem use mods (esp) in the "Survival Mode" and exe I'm locked in firewall.

@InsanePlumber That's strange, I played the DLC straight through @ level 65 and even died a few times, and not a single crash. I wonder if it's a driver issue.

I am indeed concerned about them locking out nexus or other sites, especially if they implement that subscription thing I've seen mentioned elsewhere. I hope it's just metrics...

Crazy errors from a big log:

[03/31/2016 - 01:15:49AM] error: Object handle 0x000000014DAC5030 is missing from the object table - variable value will be cleared
[03/31/2016 - 01:15:49AM] error: Unable to load object 0x0000000081FCC120 from save game
[03/31/2016 - 01:15:49AM] error: Object handle 0x000000014BB3FE00 is missing from the object table - variable value will be cleared
[03/31/2016 - 01:15:49AM] error: Unable to load object 0x000000014E0B81A0 from save game
[03/31/2016 - 01:15:49AM] error: Object save handle 0x000000014DAC5030 doesn't exist, event relay target will be dropped
[03/31/2016 - 01:15:49AM] Errors occurred while loading the Papyrus save game data
[03/31/2016 - 01:15:51AM] VM is thawing...
[03/31/2016 - 01:15:51AM] error: Cannot call GetValue() on a None object, aborting function call
stack:
	[None].dubhAutoLootEffectFloraScript.OnEffectStart() - "D:\Games\Mod Organizer - Fallout 4\mods\My Mods - Auto Loot\scripts\source\dubhAutoLootEffectFloraScript.psc" Line 74
[03/31/2016 - 01:15:51AM] warning: Assigning None to a non-object variable named "::temp7"

I've never seen the save game data errors before.

The GetValue() error concerns a GlobalVariable property that should never ever return None.

There are a ton of both errors.

I'm not sure if these are related to hotloading plugins, but I know that the None property issue has happened before in v1.4. I think the save/load system is broken.

Well, I have to admit, I do wonder how they managed that without the CK. Even if it's reading like a joke mod :P

For me that next "DLC" is like compilation of mods and ideas from Nexus...

More likely it's a compilation of things that were fairly obvious considering these DLCs have been done for months and in testing/QA until now. Not like the Game Jam for Skyrim where Hearthfire became a DLC from it.

Gotta admit though, for settlement junkies that's digital heaven. Plus the trailer is pretty funny too :P

Gotta admit though, for settlement junkies that's digital heaven.

You rang?

And yeah, I'm seeing a lot of stuff in there that seems really obvious if you build enough settlements. The default stuff is a good start, but eventually you want more.

NEW FLOORS AND WALLS OMG

I honestly couldn't answer that as I used very few mods for FO3 or NV.