The Big Fallout 4 Thread

VaultDuke

My problem is that he's laying blame only on Bethesda when this "problem" has existed since Fallout 1. The entire series has always had this supposed problem with junk and dead stuff laying around inside settled areas. I just don't see it as an issue other than perhaps the valid complaint about leaving pre-war skeletons lying around in a place you've supposedly reclaimed from the wasteland.

Keep in mind, there are people in the real world right now living in conditions that are almost this bad and we haven't had a global nuclear war yet.

As far as i remember, in the original games, you found skeletons and pre war wastes (and riches) only in dislocated regions, in tunnels, behind walls, in vaults and the like. the settlements themselves were dusty and dirty, but it was "new" dirt (or at least low res enough, that i could imagine it that way). settlements early in the game were ground up new built (but dirty due to dust and sand), then there were some conglomerates of old and new like junktown, and some ruined cities like metropolis, where ghouls would live inside an irradiated pre war town.

idk, somehow it didn't bother me in the originals. the cases where everything was pre-war (metropolis, the glow, mariposa) had reasons to be so, and the other settlements didn't have pre war skeletons lieing on the streets.

http://i.imgur.com/IiDCEn6.jpg

Every power armor variant there is in Fallout 4 minus the jury-rigged Raider armor. From left to right:

-T60e

-T45d

-T51b

-X01 Mk 6

A bit of history on each:

T60: The latest variant to be added to the franchise, seen only in Fallout 4, this model was beginning to be mobilized throughout the USSA just before the Great War, and is the final pre-war variant to have ever been developed.

T45: First seen in Fallout 3, and present in all subsequent releases, the T45 model was in widespread circulation in the time period between open warfare with China began and the Chinese invasion of Alaska. The t60 model, as you can see, is an update on this design.

T51: First deployed in the Battle of Anchorage, it quickly gained popularity and remained in service all the way until the Great War. This was the original armor design present since the very first Fallout, and has been seen in every canon game since.

X01: Also known as the Advanced power armor, this set was developed after the Great War by the Enclave. First seen in Fallout 2, it has made an appearance in every canon game except Fallout 3.

Excellent news! I hope we get a version for older max tho.

In the archive you can find versions for max9 and for max 2008-2016 32 and 64 bit

But the author wrote that the support is only for max 2015-2016

• 3 weeks later...

new patch beta:

http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1583568-fallout-4-13-beta-update/

quite a bit more extensive than the last one. Many of the ones the beth community has been lamenting about the most are fixed. didn't expect that. they even fixed the headshot perk :D

be careful though, the beta seems to have issues with loading times.

• New ambient occlusion setting, HBAO+
  • New weapon debris effects (NVIDIA cards only)

I'm surprised they implemented these at all, especially after release.

Wow, that's quite the patch this time. Anyone know if any of those were issues we have filed in the tracker?

• 2 weeks later...

Disregard my stupidity here.

When you completed Preston's first mission, did this happen? (The quest rewards)

https://youtu.be/XVBcZPx-h68?list=PLWIol4T7LuSiDYfF_MKBd6KNbw88SNrIR&t=1147

He recorded this Day 1, right after Steam release at 12am. So no mods, all vanilla.

I put it in the wrong place again... :

I need to go back to Grade School and learn how to read... sorry :|

Wtf? Are you sure?

Lets hope this is all in preparation of some new and improved modding features we are soon to see...

Uh. If the patch removed BSA support the game wouldn't be functional. Surely that has to be wrong.

If the game only needs to support BA2 archives ( the two different types ), then does it need to support old BSA format archives ?

If not, then the community are going to be limited to an official archiver when its released, which wont be a bad thing

I think the removal of the BSA loader was probably related to this:

Beta Update 1.3.47 (Jan. 19)

Fixed texture threading issue causing unusually long load times

I don't think BSAs themselves were causing problems, but some part of the implementation was likely interfering with the BA2 loader.

I have the railroad quest "inside job" but I sided with the bos but I'm not sure why, if the railroad are dead, it should of failed. Also it's stupid that the settlements moan about ghouls far away from them, and how do you get your wife kidnapped all the time. :troll:

I think the removal of the BSA loader was probably related to this:

I don't think BSAs themselves were causing problems, but some part of the implementation was likely interfering with the BA2 loader.

Interesting then. I was not actually aware that the game could still load a standard BSA file. Makes sense to ditch that code though if it's going to cause performance issues. Force people into using the proper system for stuff. Might also explain why there's such a disparity between reports of people getting tons of lag while others see no changes. Perhaps those people who had the load lag were using mods :P

Interesting then. I was not actually aware that the game could still load a standard BSA file. Makes sense to ditch that code though if it's going to cause performance issues. Force people into using the proper system for stuff. Might also explain why there's such a disparity between reports of people getting tons of lag while others see no changes. Perhaps those people who had the load lag were using mods :P

These were the biggest changes in 1.3.45, and as you can see, they concern graphics and memory:

• General memory and stability improvements
  • New ambient occlusion setting, HBAO+
  • New weapon debris effects (NVIDIA cards only)

I'm running FO4 on a SSD with a few dozen mods, including some of my own, and I didn't notice any loading issues until 1.3.45, so they probably added some code that just didn't play well with the old BSA loader.

The removal of BSA support is more of an inconvenience than a real problem though. I was just using BSAs to keep my game folder nice and tidy.

It's a strange thing. We have:

• two script compilers (Caprica and Four Dragon);
  • two script decompilers (Champollion and Sir_Kane's private project);
  • three script disassemblers (F4SE, Caprica, and another one whose name escapes me);
  • a Skyrim-to-Fallout-4 script converter (PexUpgrader);
  • a script debugging tool (PexInspector);
  • two plugin editors (xEdit and the other one I can't remember);
  • what seems like a dozen .ini editors;
  • a variety of mod managers (Mod Organizer 2.0 and many others);
  • NifSkope 2.0;
  • F4SE; and 
  • a BA2 repacker.

I'd like to think that nobody has bothered to create a proper BA2 archiver because of the existence of BSA support. Now that that's out of the way, maybe we'll get an archive tool before the CK comes out.

Unfortunately, Gibbed is too busy to write a BA2 archiver, and writing one myself would require a few weeks of free time that I don't have.