The Big Fallout 4 Thread

VaultDuke

Does anyone know where it is documented how to get out of your power armour ?

I cant find a manual for Fallout 4

The in game settings controls does not seem to list it

Maybe I missed a one shot message at some point ?

I did a search and found someone else talking about it in a forum somewhere, so do actually know how to do it. - For anyone reading that does not know :

When facing the suit rig where you hang them up, and you get a couple of options .. Press and hold E ( yes even though the E option is greyed out - This is with the official patch 1.1.3.0 )

But it just strikes me people could be walking about for the rest of the game with a run down Fusion Core and not even know that they should be able to get out of it :D

yeah, game seems to be a bit obtrusive with it's controls. i see guides spring up left and right explaining the most basic control schemes, since none of them are explained anywhere ingame.

btw: i found a nice little in-joke today: during the pre-war scene, if you listen to the announcer carefully, you will here him read the news, which seem to be what president J.H. Eden in F3 later used fragments of during his inspirational speeches :D

does anyone (like me) have the proble of the fps lock not working? i had to use my GPUs drivers to limit them to half framerate (my screen has 120 Hz), to avoid any havok bugs (not that i would run into those framerates without facing a wall or the floor mind you...)

@Gruftlord

In INI set:

iPresentInterval=2

I’m playing on PC and I'm often getting stuck in furniture or seeing issue with physics.

If this issue is experienced, it is recommended the user is keep the game's default INI settings. If the user's monitor is set to 60Hz, the iPresentInterval value should be 1, and if the user's monitor is set to 120Hz, the iPresentInterval value should be 2.  Setting it to 0 uncaps the framerate and can cause the issues mentioned above.  If the user's monitor is set to a value larger than 120Hz (such as 144Hz), they are advised to set their desktop refresh rate to 120Hz instead, when playing the game.

Thanks. (edit: it works, sort of. it resets itself every time you change some settings in the launcher. needs to be protected by read-only)

speaking of obscure controls above: here is the most recent guide:

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2015/11/12/fallout-4-guide/

though i think the author made a mistake in the last tip, Companions are able to wear powerarmor as far as i read.

Its Skyrim launch repeated :D

I seem to remember people playing with iPresentInterval in the early releas stages of that game too, then an official patch came along which messed everyone up who were still messing with that setting ( it was related to mouse acceleration aswell as frame rates for Skyrim )

I'm not having any issues which need any tweaking to ini's, after updating to the latest NVidia graphics drivers i deleted all ini's to generate afresh again .. guess I am lucky with this particular bug package and our new machines

Edit : Ooh and watch out for regenerating your ini's with each official patch - If Skyrim is anything to go by a couple of those did refine the games balancing of ini settings as the patches progressed

Thanks. (edit: it works, sort of. it resets itself every time you change some settings in the launcher. needs to be protected by read-only)

I omit issue with reset INI files for OBL FO3 FNV SKY by removing from the game directory *Launcher.exe and running game always through script extender.

:D I still cant get over that steal the fusion core trick in sneak mode - Not only very funny but one hell of an achilles heal

Well despite its flaws emerging which were to be expected, I think this is going to be an all time favourite for me, love the game so far.

Gruftlord : The guide linked .. does it have any spoilers ?, I am really steering clear of any spoiler material for now.

I also must say .. sure there are a few things that could be further improved here and there, but overall it is a blast. Today I visited and cleared a big town (not the main one) and it was truly awesome. The combination of FO4's gunplay and world design of that specific place resulted in 2-3 hours of great fun. It's also surprisingly awesome to fight ghuls .. the first time I was attacked by ~5-6 of those fast things I was in deep trouble, and barely managed to stay alive. That was fun aswell.

In any case, one of the next things I want to try out is the base building. Will be interesting to see in which ways that system can be manipulated to create unusual things.

should be spoiler free aside from obviously mentioning a lot of game mechanics and some item(classes).

there is one slight spoilerish mentioning of (the name of) a group within the game in tip No. 9) "Where to get free Fusion Cores", otherwise you're safe.

They even left this f*****g annoying confirmation when you leave "alchemy lab" like in SKY. :wallbash:

Does anyone know "some cure" for this disease for SKY or FO4?

This is at all possible without editing SWF?

EDIT

Whoever approved the PC interface should be sentenced to life imprisonment to play FO4 with the keyboard and mouse. :devil:

Loving it so far. Though I've been spending like 90% of my time playing with the settlement stuff. I haven't even gone to Diamond City yet :P

The UI needs help desperately though, and for the first time in one of their games, I'm seriously considering a body mod or something. These NPCs look terrible :|

Only actual bugs I've witnessed are all UI inconsistencies where remapping the activate button only did so for about half of the stuff you can activate, and the settlement UI doesn't know I changed it at all.

I've got two days worth of a pile of Papyrus log bugs though. Not sure how much of an impact any of it is having, but there's signs of some stuck radio quests or something that keep trying to fire but can't for some reason. Plus the usual crop of "NONE" errors and deleted pointers to objects.

None of the actual activities or quests appear to have bugged out though.

That video was uploaded on the german youtube channel "BethesdaSoftworksDE". Nothing special, just a short and fun clip. Also, here are some things the people in the video are saying:

"The location is awesome, I really like the atmosphere."
"I'm a friend of uncut games, so rated M. I like splatter, I like blood .. and that's why, I alreadly love Fallout 4."
"What do you say? Cute nose. Cute nose!"
"So, I have just left the vault, or rather opened the vault door and I am really impressed."

Your link leeds nowhere. I don't get what i'm seeing here.

We can open the Data menu already? Are these leaked official mini-dlc, or are these your own esps? I would have hoped they will upgrade the data menu and add automatic load ordering for consoles, but maybe this is stil planned.

Not sure what the deal is supposed to be with this eye thing, but for me it doesn't do anything at all.

Not sure what the deal is supposed to be with this eye thing, but for me it doesn't do anything at all.

First you need to add in to INI file (FalloutPrefs.ini)

[Launcher]
bEnableFileSelection=1

Hell, Thicket Excavations clearly looks as a neglected area for beta testers (if there were any).

Hell, Thicket Excavations clearly looks as a neglected area for beta testers (if there were any).

Look in the mirror and you will see one of the beta testers.

Anyone having a problem with the launcher setting the initial setup to low on a machine you know full well should be higher ..

Tip : I dont usually keep the new NVidia Geforce Experience service installed, but I decided to give it a go and see what those recommended optimal game tweaks are like

They are probably not as optimal as you would like them, but they dont do a bad job where the launcher is failing right now, and get you in a reasonable ball park setup