The Big Fallout 4 Thread

VaultDuke

Interesting theory about playing as an android. That would be pretty cool.

So, Bethesda "accidentally" went live earlier on their Twitch with a mic picking up some of what they were saying.  I believe they were testing the streaming stuff for tomorrow night.   Nothing Fallout 4 related leaked unfortunately,  but it would appear they are going to be announcing Dishonored 2 as the guys you could hear talking were the French developers of the first Dishonored.

Oh, and here's an album of a cat in an armored Vault suit.  :lmao:

Heh, nice. That's one very tolerant cat, even though it still looks pissed :P

OMG I'm so hyped!

Kotaku has a (bad quality, but who cares) playlist up at Youtube, for anyone who missed the Stream (and doesn't have the time to watch the 2.5h twitch stream the next days, like; you guessed it: me) ), with some comments added in an article:

http://kotaku.com/bethesda-closed-their-e3-presentation-with-a-bang-today-1711315740

I never care much for crafting in most games, and certainly didn't care for any of those survival/craft/collect games. But in the Fallout setting? I think it fits. Having to collect the individual parts of a Power Armor, collect all kinds of crap to modify your weapons, rebuild the wasteland and provide shelter for the people? I'm sold. The face sculpt feature looks awesome as well

Looks like I will have to buy a new rig this year!

Never cared for followers (hate babysitting), crafting (kills enjoyment of any loot system) and minecraft style gameplay (another form of babysitting, prefer a lone wanderer style gameplay struggling for survival), so 80% of presentation is meh to me. But volumetric lighting, greatly expanded(?) world and other technical details sound exciting. I expect the polluted weather mod to turn everything back to green like in FO3 to come shortly after the release.

But the LOD... LOD never changes. New screenshots have proved that unfortunately. :facepalm:

I really like the look of the whole package - But new rig / ten thousand bugthesda bugs / community making mods before the creation kit comes out or using tools without the records being fully understood .... Aaaaaagh not again!

:lmao: But, you know I will more than likely get it. It looks like they have tried to recapture what feels special about FO3 ( FNV to me feels a bit bland in comparison to FO3, I missed the earlier game downtown areas especially )

Pip-Boy Edition details.

On Amazon's site:  "Due to limited supply, the Fallout 4 Pip-Boy Edition is currently unavailable for pre-order. Thousands of Amazon customers have already pre-ordered this item and we are working to get more product soon."

Sucks because I searched for it last night, yet I didn't even see a Pip-Boy Edition option anywhere.  Yet the IGN article from like 9 hours ago says it was available then.  I was probably too tired to see it I guess.

I would like to get my hands on that pip-boy as well, but then again it's a bit too early to order the game in Germany, since you never know before release whether it will be uncut or not.

I didn't watch the showcase, but according to the official Bethesda blog, it will be "the home of featured content you’ve come to expect here on Bethesda Blog, revamped community forums, and powerful tools for sharing game stats and content".

That's a smart move on their part. Now console gamers will have access to unofficial patches and the like. Wonder if it's going to be open to any mods or limited to non-script mods?

In addition to the previous batch of screens, here are some more screens.  :D

They also have the Fallout 4 part of the showcase in its own video now:

Looks to be higher quality than the stream was.  Hope that this video gets shared on their press site so sites can upload the raw file without YouTube's compression ruining it.  If Gamersyde gets it, it'll be on this page

So, mods on consoles. I guess now we know what bethesda.net is for, even if all it is right now is a big white square :P

On top of getting the pipboy edition. Because I preordered it at my game shop I will be getting a bobble head and vault 111 tshirt as well as being part of a group

A big white square? Couldn't they run some test patterns instead?

A bobble head and vault 111? Steam was never so generous. :P

I believe the date is the 10th because they couldn't do the 1st because it's a Sunday. 1\11\15 looks so much better, but oh well. And about the vault I believe that the experiments cause you to be frozen. And every dies or kill them selves off. Or you are turned into a android. Which would explain the 200 years.

but what about the dog? is he, too 200 years old? my only fear I how the androids will fit in, aestethically. I rather like the new down to earth look; or rather animation; (all by it with a jetpack) of the power armor they showed. it looks heavy, clumsy, slow and powerfull. but who would want that if you can be JC Denton instead?