Giskard went off the deep end.

Deathbydestiny

I'm a little late to this, but it looks like people poked at him to the point where he went totally nutty and purged all kinds of people from his site.

2 news posts he did about it on his site.

http://www.theengineeringguild.co.uk/giskard-s-blog/399-the-night-of-the-long-knives
http://www.theengineeringguild.co.uk/giskard-s-blog/400-about-purged-accounts

Ooh, now there's somewhere I have not done a "Manual Cleaning Skyrim Master files guide" yet :troll: .

If you're only just now noticing this about him... it's a regular cycle with him. One he's been repeating for 8 years. It's like his own personal Greymarch or something. You can see that easily enough because he'll post a pair of rants like that, purge the forums indiscriminately, and then days or weeks later he's back to posting guides and shit like nothing ever happened. I mean, why mod for games where you clearly hate the people who play them? What's silly is that when he does this he hides the mods so nobody can find them, and then will turn around a few weeks later and whine that nobody gives him any feedback and doesn't sing their praises on the forums and shit. Kinda hard to get that if you don't actually let people use them.

So he never "went off the deep end". He's been in the deep end the whole time. We'd all be better off if he'd follow through on his threats and just go away.

If you're only just now noticing this about him... it's a regular cycle with him. One he's been repeating for 8 years. It's like his own personal Greymarch or something. You can see that easily enough because he'll post a pair of rants like that, purge the forums indiscriminately, and then days or weeks later he's back to posting guides and shit like nothing ever happened. I mean, why mod for games where you clearly hate the people who play them? What's silly is that when he does this he hides the mods so nobody can find them, and then will turn around a few weeks later and whine that nobody gives him any feedback and doesn't sing their praises on the forums and shit. Kinda hard to get that if you don't actually let people use them.

So he never "went off the deep end". He's been in the deep end the whole time. We'd all be better off if he'd follow through on his threats and just go away.

I don't really follow him. This stuff was just posted on reddit and wondered what was going on.

first time I heard about this guy was 2 weeks after the payed mod feature was pulled. I wonder why anybody cares about him, I see plenty of reason not to.

I care about him... a bit. Long time modder, the mod output is quite substantial. Can't say anything about the quality because I have never used any, but others have given it a thumbs up.

Like many with a creative bent, unhinged... permanently. But in his case, like so many, exacerbated by too many years working with the CS and the CK. :P

first time I heard about this guy was 2 weeks after the payed mod feature was pulled. I wonder why anybody cares about him, I see plenty of reason not to.

I heard about him about 2 years on DC in the "DO NOT USE TESVsnip" thread (it seems to be pruned or deleted/hidden on DC) and a few people posted links to Nexus forum.

Let me tell you one thing;  After I've had read those posts I find myself in the mine field and there were a war going on that's for sure.

I never came across any of his mods. did he only mod for the older games? maybe he's out of touch with current stuff (apparently xedit, a proven staple of the modding community) by now and just a ranting old grumpy.

edit: lol skimmed his blog posts now. so he hosts his mods on his own site with restricted access and has some form of paranoia. I did find his blog posts quite entertaining. he sure comes up with some funny metaphors when angry :D

He's deliberately isolated himself from the community at large. He actively rejects all proven knowledge accumulated since the days of Morrowind. Is it really any wonder he knows nothing about xEdit and Bash? It's obvious as hell he knows nothing about either one every time he goes on one of his rants.

Also seems pretty strange to me to beg for donations on your front page saying it's to keep the mods available while actively denying people access to them.

So yeah. As time goes on, a lot of people don't even know who the guy is. IMO, that's a good thing. The less he gets talked about, the better. Let him hide his stuff. Doing so is the fastest way to ensure he gets forgotten entirely.

The irony here is that he's right about the thieves on Reddit. They're only magnifying awareness of him while at the same time breaking the law to do it. You don't win against a fanatic like Giskard unless you shun them utterly. Ignore him. Ignore his work. Let him fade away.

Speaking of breaking the law. He keeps going on about all this cyberstalking stuff and making accusations against him about stuff. Well, he should perhaps stop and take note of the libel he keeps posting about me if he doesn't want to end up with cops at his door.