The big Witcher 3 Thread

VaultDuke

Level 41? Are they crazy? It took a massive effort for me to get to 35, and they even made an achievement out of doing so. Witcher gear is also surely better than Skellige armor?

No kidding, I did every quest and cleared every map market and was stuck at level 34 and 3/4 haha. Maybe they're going to add some higher level regions in the DLCs?

Apparently this is the mistaken preview xbox'ers got on Alt (read; slutty) Ciri.

That doesn't look any sluttier than what she's already got, and IMO is certainly more realistic than her running around in a t-shirt to fight. I might actually end up using this one.

http://forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/52056-Patch-1-07-coming-soon-to-all-platforms

• A new, alternative (optional) movement response mode for Geralt.
  • A player stash for storing items, available in various locations throughout the game. Stash locations are marked on the player's map.
  • Crafting and alchemy components no longer add to the overall inventory weight.
  • Books are now placed in a dedicated tab in the Inventory and books that have already been read are properly grayed out.
  • Multiple sorting options are now available in the Inventory.
  • Alchemy formulas and crafting diagrams can be "pinned", meaning all components and ingredients required to make them will be conveniently marked in the Shop panel.
  • Dozens of fixes for quest related issues, both major and minor.
  • A few performance enhancements, including the optimization of FX, scenes and general gameplay.
  • Various improvements to horse behavior.

Basically everything I could have asked for with inventory management.  Glad I put off playing after the No-XP glitch and trading in for my 980 Ti.   :)

The CDPR Community Manager finally spoke up in a thread yesterday to say "The team is still working on both the patch & the Ciri DLC. When we have news, we will let everyone know. Thanks for your patience."

... and then in another thread people are announcing the Ciri DLC is available today on Xbox. :rolleyes: Yes, as per the pic posted above.

Not seeing either in Galaxy.

Wow ! The 1.07 patch was a great performance improvement for my rig. +10 fps ! :bunny:

So did we get storage? I see nothing in the 1.07 changelog about it.

Nvm, got my answer by going in game. First thing it tells you is about the new stash chests. From what I see there's one in Crow's Perch, Dandelion's tavern, White Orchard tavern, Kaer Trolde harbour tavern and of course in Kaer Morhen. They are all connected.

• 4 weeks later...

This is really unfortunate.  They've said on Twitter that this MODKit is all we are getting and that REDKit 2 is not happening.  This MODKit is barely an editor.  It does some scripting and can let you modify or replace existing meshes, but that's about it.  I'm not even sure map editing is included in that, like fixing floaters and such.

Oh well.  Hopefully we can edit the LOD fade distances of each model.  There are too many buildings in Novigrad that stay too low poly at too close a distance.

This Modkit is supposed to be what devs will give us to mod/edit the game ????? It's a joke ? :bat:  I own the trilogy on GOG. I don't have Witcher 1 installed atm but D'jinni is included in the game installer and is rather consequent if I remember correctly. The Redkit for Witcher 2 is a stand-alone installer and 'weighs' more than 6 GB !  :huh:

Ugh so disappointed. This is like what happened to the anniversary edition of Fable. Cosmetic modding isn't what I was hoping for. Now all we have to look forward to is naked Ciri models (NSFW, obviously).

Fuck me.

I was shocked Lionhead allowed any modding in Fable the way they've acted in the past about modding in general.   But CDProjektRED pulling the same crap?!  I really expected better from them.   

• 1 month later...

Patch 1.10 changelog here. (It's a PDF FYI). Holy Melitele's tits, 13 pages of bug fixes.

Some highlights:

• Gwent opponent difficulty setting
  • Shows which Gwent cards you're missing
  • Extra Yen/Triss romance dialogue
  • One-click hide HUD
  • AMD card performance fixes
  • GTX 980 performance fixes
  • A ton of bugfixes

Shows which Gwent cards you're missing

Ok, but will it provide alt ways of getting the cards you're missing?

Extra Yen/Triss romance dialogue

Wtf? Who cares!? :rolleyes:

We'll have to wait for a few more days. The 1st major DLC will be released in less than a week and I guess devs have frozen the vanilla game updates (the one to come) to properly sync/fit both of them. I don't worry about it.

However, what I'm wondering now is what will be the final state of the game. We'll have another major DLC next year, right, but will we have some kind of 'enhanced edition' like the previous 2 games ? Technically speaking, TW3 is actually probably the more advanced and polished game. Many common rigs are already close to their technical limits, so the question is 'What could devs polish even more that would not dramatically increase the specs requirements ?'

They appear to be doing mainly bug fixing and optimizations. You know, the stuff Todd should have done for Skyrim :P

I think TW3 has already had more bug fix patches done since launch than Skyrim ever got officially. With CDPR, this is why any effort to begin an unofficial project should wait until they're done. And they may not be done for another year given that they used to push TW2 updates for quite some time. It probably wouldn't be safe to assume a community patch is needed until the Enhanced Edition comes out. Which I think we all know will before long.