The big Witcher 3 Thread

VaultDuke

After reporting a huge list of bugs to CD PRojekt via the link they asked me to, I got an email from them asking me to instead report bugs to Warner Brothers, since they're the distributor. That makes so little sense I can't even. :facepalm:

Huh. I wonder if it's a joke or a bittersweet way to 'bash' you.  :huh: The only time I saw the WB logo in The witcher 3 is in an intro video that I could access and see only when unpacking the huge game data files (I think you can't see it in the regular PC game, it may have been designed for consoles). And I'm pretty convinced WB doesn't bother with bug reports...

BTW, sad news for CD projekt. I do really hope it's an hoax (Translation) :

CD Projekt Red announced they had slightly overtaken the course of the 4 million copies sold for their The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt PC game. Except that the Polish laws forbid companies on their land to communicate on profits, with the aim of not favoring speculations on the Stock Exchange. These have to communicate their profits only to the Bank of Warsaw, which will take care to make them public, what did not make the Studio. The maximal punishment could be a fine of 1 300 000 $, which is all the profits made last year by the Studio. Of what well to weaken the Studio if no compromise is found …

Source : http://www.gamekyo.com/blog_article365006.html

@Garth: That's ludicrous. I sure as hell wouldn't report the bugs to Warner Brothers, especially since I didn't buy the game from them. I guess you'll be starting the UTW3P soon :troll:

@Nico: Well, technically speaking, they didn't report profits. Only units sold. If this is for real though, that sucks, and CDPR should fight them on it. Though, if $1.3 Million can cripple them, they're in much worse shape than they let on.

After replying to their email asking about the use of reporting bugs to WB, I got a fairly snarky email trying to differentiate "technical issues" (which should be addressed to WB) and bugs, which I should continue to report to CDPR. So it seems everything is back to normal, more or less.

In other news, it's seriously a miracle I ever managed to get all the gwent cards in my first go-around. Elsa, the innkeep in White Orchard, will restock one of her decoy cards, which is likely to have unknown effects on the rest of the deck if you buy her duplicate card.

Looks like Patch 1.0.6 rolled down as well. With what looks like the alchemy fix.

Sadly I'm already getting reports that the supposed fix for the Roche bug in "Find WHoreson Junior" isn't working retroactively for a bunch of people, not sure if it works on new saves.

I must have been lucky then because he didn't glitch when I did that quest. LONG before this patch obviously :P

Also, retroactive fixes? Those aren't always possible, as we well know. Could be in this case it's not something that can be. No way for us to really know without being able to see the data in the kit.

The next two DLC's are out;

* slutty Triss

* Wolf gear treasure hunt (medium armor set) - start with maps in

- Merchand at Lindenvale
- Armorer at Kaer Trolde
- Blacksmith at Kaer Muire
- Armorer at Hierarch Square in Novigrad
- and ant Hattori in Novigrad

The next two DLC's are out;

* slutty Triss

* Wolf gear treasure hunt (medium armor set) - start with maps in

- Merchand at Lindenvale

- Armorer at Kaer Trolde

- Blacksmith at Kaer Muire

- Armorer at Hierarch Square in Novigrad

- and ant Hattori in Novigrad

Not big on Triss's new dress but I think the hair is a big improvement. Wolf armor stats look pretty interesting (end of album).

Mmm, sexy. Hate the pouch in front tho. The armor is the exact same stats as the Nilf DLC armor. :| But those swords :woot:

I think I may be screwed..

The blacksmith in Kaer Muire is gone. In fact, Kaer Muire is abandoned because Ermion and I killed everyone there when we confronted... uh, whatshisname, that one Jarl that opposed Cerys. So looks like I'll never get Part 3 of the upgrades.

Mmm, sexy. Hate the pouch in front tho. The armor is the exact same stats as the Nilf DLC armor. :| But those swords :woot:

I think I may be screwed..

The blacksmith in Kaer Muire is gone. In fact, Kaer Muire is abandoned because Ermion and I killed everyone there when we confronted... uh, whatshisname, that one Jarl that opposed Cerys. So looks like I'll never get Part 3 of the upgrades.

I had the same problem. You should still be able to get the diagrams but you won't have the quest showing you where to get them. I haven't yet come across a list of the locations, but give it a day or so and someone will post a list.

So no pics of Triss? :P

And do we know what the mystery 12MB update was? The changelog didn't get updated.

Thanks garth .. just found them all. :)

And I guess this is a bug; fast traveled to Fyresdal in Skellige, there was a yellow exclamation mark marker so I went over to talk to this merchant guy.... turms out he's the guy I "lent" money to back in Velen so he could get to Skel with the promise to pay me back, but I'd already run into him before and he did pay me back. He paid me again. :shrug: So, seems like the quest Worthy of Trust restarts?

Speaking of guys with yellow ! marks. There's one in the druid place (forget the name right now) who has one over his head but he won't talk. He was like that from the very first time I visited the grove and he never worked himself out. Still has it over his head to this day.

I'll load up and go get his name and the name of the place later, but I figured I'd drop this in while I was thinking about it.

The next two DLC's are out: (11 + 12 for those counting)

* Skellige Armor set (heavy armor)

- buy from armorer at Kaer Trolde

* Skellige's Most Wanted (new quest)

- read the notice board in Fyresdale

The Skellige armor looks pretty cool, but it probably doesn't level well compared to some of the other nice gear.

I really wish more games had an armor system like EA's SWTOR MMO. There were certain classes of armor that had no stats on their own and could be slotted with upgrades that had their own level. That way, you could wear the armor you want and just upgrade it component by component.

I really hate their armor leveling system. Can't even use/buy this armor till lvl 41 - I'm 37. For what reason would I even want/need it at 41+ when most people have completed the game long before that.

Also, I found my weed dealer :woot:

gallery_1482_3_442495.jpg

Level 41? Are they crazy? It took a massive effort for me to get to 35, and they even made an achievement out of doing so. Witcher gear is also surely better than Skellige armor?

DLC Wednesday and the next one is out;

* Where the Cat and Wolf Play (new quest)

- level 25

- starts in Oreton, Velen, read the notice board for a contract called The Beast of Honorton

Yes, only one this week, apparently a larger quest than the others. There was mention of an Alt look Ciri on the website, was even there for xbox users but has been removed. Are they dropping us down to one a week now?

Plus, no patch yet.