The big Witcher 3 Thread

VaultDuke

Do you want me to post stuff I find in there so you can confirm and add it, or is it just for you?   :)

Like I've seen a few floaters, and also there is missing collision in a rather precarious place..  Nearly fell to my death. 

Please feel free to add anything you find! The more we can start centralizing these bug reports the better.

FYI:  For the various armor DLC, they actually level up with you a tad, but only in the merchant's stash (which refreshes every 5 in-game days).

There are a couple "breakpoints".  For example after Level 29 you can go back and buy the Temerian armor and it will be level 29.  Same with this new armor DLC.  I think the breakpoints are only levels 4 and 29 though.  It would be nice for a mid-range breakpoint.

I should mention these oddities while I remember, for garth.

Being quest related, I'll spoiler them for those that aren't as far ahead.

I'm pretty sure I'm screwed with the general Collect em All gwent card quest. Several notice boards that have a notice about playing the Bloody Baron are still active, and I have no chance to fix that because of the way I did his quest. I let him walk off with his wife after we rescued her, now he's gone from the game. If there's some workaround like the innkeeper who disappears, I'd love to hear it.

Just before doing the final battle scenario, after having gathered everyone in Skellige, and before rescuing Frangilla from the Emperor's boat, I went back to Novigrad to do the Reason of State quest (kill Radovid). First time I did it, it glitched, with Radovid behind the barricade at the end of the bridge and no way to get to him. Went back to my save and did it again, this time it worked progressing through the cut scene, him dying, etc etc. Woo. Finished that off (with killing Djikstra) then returned to the MQ. I actually forget which quest in particular it is, but when Avalla'ch begins the summoning scene, I get a notice that the quest Reason of State failed. Huh? I just did it?

Now that I've finished the MQ and just wandering around, I fast traveled from Kaer Morhen to Novigrad, to the Oxenfurt gate (I believe it is) marker. If you're reading this, don't do that. It drops you on the bridge, with both sides still being barricaded and no way out, except the people can walk through them. The marker is covered by the barricade, and even though you can see it, you can't activate it. There was an exclamation mark in the area, and I found this woman who complains of a haunted house (apparently some level 4 quest that I had no indication of before). I couldn't follow her out of the area. Had no choice but to quit and go back, fast traveling to another spot in the city. So I'll never be able to do that quest.

Time to go see what these new DLC's are. :) I hope it's sexy Geralt.

Time to go see what these new DLC's are. :) I hope it's sexy Geralt.

Maybe next time.  :(     I like what they did release.

FYI:  For the various armor DLC, they actually level up with you a tad, but only in the merchant's stash (which refreshes every 5 in-game days).

There are a couple "breakpoints".  For example after Level 29 you can go back and buy the Temerian armor and it will be level 29.  Same with this new armor DLC.  I think the breakpoints are only levels 4 and 29 though.  It would be nice for a mid-range breakpoint.

I didn't know the armor leveled.   The way I make money in this game, I might be able to afford it at level 29.  :)

New armour looks pretty decent. Medium armour set.

Stats are even better than what I had. I'm currently level 36 and this is what I see;

Cuirass - 205 armour (req lvl 35)

Boots - 77 armour (req lvl 35)

Pants - 77 armour (req lvl 35)

Gauntlets - 78 armour (req lvl 37) <----- which is really odd, why the level difference??

Gotta say, the horse armour sucks. I've got better from winning the horse race derby's and/or buying from blacksmiths.

Blinders - 40 fear lvl (same as what I have and top value AFAIK)

Saddle - 50 stamina (I have a superior cavalry saddle that does 70)

Saddlebags - 70 inventory weight (I have zerrikanian bags that do 100)

The crossbows - who knows. The crossbows have no "name", so probably won't be able to tell if it's regular stock or the new stuff. I already have a crossbow that does 25-31 damage, so they better be more than that. As soon as I can find the Quartermaster in No Man's Land (??) or the Novigrad "Fancy Shop" owner (no freakin clue where this is, wish there was a detailed city map), we'll see.

Also, regarding Gwent again .... there's a load screen that says you can either buy them or find them scattered around... has anyone ever "found" one?

Thanks Hana, I'll take a look at those! AFAIK you can't actually find Gwent cards... sounds like they changed how you obtain them somtime after making that load screen and forgot to go back and update it haha.

Also, found this site that shows an interactive map for each region, it's great.

Also, regarding Gwent again .... there's a load screen that says you can either buy them or find them scattered around... has anyone ever "found" one?

Yeah that's quite an odd way to word things.  But actually,  I understand what it means.  So if you let Family Matters progress too far without winning the card from him,  the quest objective will change and say something like "Find the unique card in his office".  So then you go to his office and there is some new loot on the table with the card.

Other than that, yeah, the only way you get cards outside of playing is from buying all the cards from the Innkeeps.  Also,

Bug:  The one that sells Scorch cards in Novigrad/Velen is glitched and each time you open their inventory the Scorch card is back.

I'm positive this isn't supposed to happen because then you could stack your deck with tons of Scorch cards.  I think you're only supposed to have access to 2-3.

-----

So, the game has shooting stars:

mFiP03P.jpg

Not my shot.  I saw a shooting star once but I wasn't able to screencap it.

-----

Also,  unofficial XP glitch fix.

-----

Also, someone found evidence that we are getting a New Game+.  The armor DLC references a New Game+ in multiple areas.

Yeah that's quite an odd way to word things.  But actually,  I understand what it means.  So if you let Family Matters progress too far without winning the card from him,  the quest objective will change and say something like "Find the unique card in his office".  So then you go to his office and there is some new loot on the table with the card.

Other than that, yeah, the only way you get cards outside of playing is from buying all the cards from the Innkeeps.  Also,

Bug:  The one that sells Scorch cards in Novigrad/Velen is glitched and each time you open their inventory the Scorch card is back.

I'm positive this isn't supposed to happen because then you could stack your deck with tons of Scorch cards.  I think you're only supposed to have access to 2-3.

Yeah, I actually picked up the notice off the board (didn't know you had to), and it directed me to his office. You get a note of other gwent players around.

You actually just find a key in his office, his notes are down in the kitchen

I actually DID find a card in loot, oddly enough after I said that. It was in Freya's Garden, found during the In Wolf's Clothing quest. \o/  I forget which card it was, but probably random loot anyway. I also have enough Scorch cards to have 2 in each deck. And omg I hate playing people with Monster decks ... those damn +2 cards!

Also, be wary of the gwent tournament at the Passiflora inn. The first guy I played had a Geralt card worth 15!! :o Pretty sure he's unbeatable though and it basically turns into a 'find the thief' quest .... can also lead to sex if you choose the dialogue right. :X

I haven't noticed any shooting stars yet, gonna start paying attention now. That's a beautiful pic.

Not sure what that New Game+ reference means, but I'm thinking it means more along the lines of starting a new game?

I actually DID find a card in loot, oddly enough after I said that. It was in Freya's Garden, found during the In Wolf's Clothing quest. \o/  I forget which card it was, but probably random loot anyway. I also have enough Scorch cards to have 2 in each deck. And omg I hate playing people with Monster decks ... those damn +2 cards!

Not sure what that New Game+ reference means, but I'm thinking it means more along the lines of starting a new game?

Oh, so there are lootable cards.  Haven't gotten that far yet.  Re: the Scorch cards,  the special cards aren't unique to any deck, so you have 2 Scorch cards total, not 2 in each deck. 

Monster decks, make sure you change your deck up to have all 3 of your Frost cards to maximize your chance of drawing a Frost.  This way you absolutely destroy the front row, where most monsters appear.  And maybe even try drawing two, in case they have a Clear Weather!

New Game+ would mean you start the game anew, but with your equipment and level, and all the monsters are now 35+ or whatever you end the game at. 

Yeah, I actually picked up the notice off the board (didn't know you had to), and it directed me to his office. You get a note of other gwent players around.

You actually just find a key in his office, his notes are down in the kitchen

Also, be wary of the gwent tournament at the Passiflora inn. The first guy I played had a Geralt card worth 15!! :o Pretty sure he's unbeatable though and it basically turns into a 'find the thief' quest .... can also lead to sex if you choose the dialogue right. :X

I haven't noticed any shooting stars yet, gonna start paying attention now. That's a beautiful pic.

I ended up with 3 scorch cards, one of which was a duplicate from that trader, (thought it was odd that I would randomly not buy a single scorch card from one guy, haha).

I actually did manage to beat the first guy at the Gwent tournament, but it took like 10 tries and a good hand. If you get your hands on the Geralt and Ciri 15 cards and a few good spy cards it would probably be easier, but I did the quest pretty early on.

Do you happen to remember which vendor sold the duplicate scorch card? I can do some digging myself but that feels like an important one to report.

I ended up with 3 scorch cards, one of which was a duplicate from that trader, (thought it was odd that I would randomly not buy a single scorch card from one guy, haha).

Do you happen to remember which vendor sold the duplicate scorch card? I can do some digging myself but that feels like an important one to report.

You're supposed to have 3 Scorch cards, 1 from Novigrad, 2 from Skellige.  But the Novigrad person sells infinite amounts it seems.  Innkeeper and Cunny of the Goose.  Looked it up here.

Ok, so HOW do you get the Geralt and Ciri cards? :P

You can look at the link above if you're curious.  Though I'm a bit confused about the Ciri one.   It says from quest Gwent: Big City Players, but I thought that I completed that, and I was definitely never told to go where it says in the other column of that table.  

OH.. AHA...  They were right. I saw this reported several times on the forums.  When you beat the Marquise Serenity in Passiflora, the quest says it's completed.  I don't know if this is a bug or if the quest just picks up again later. 

So, basically, one will never collect them all .... unless they read that first.

Example; Dandelion card can be won during a game at the masquerade ball at Vegelbud Estate. How the fuck would I ever know that? I was busy doing a quest! Now that quest is long over and poof.

Also, I don't even know what this quest Gwent: Old Friends is....

Also, I don't even know what this quest Gwent: Old Friends is....

Well, I think if you talk to Zoltan at any time during Broken Flowers there is a Play Gwent option that is yellow.  It must give the quest.   It may be available at any time after that too, but I haven't gotten any further than that.

Basically, always try talking to green-named people even if they're not part of the quest objectives. :P  (Though I don't know who you talk to at Vegelbud, they may be a rando and not a green-name)

Just completed my Gwent deck last night, and from what I can see, there were four sets of missable cards. The innkeeper in White Orchard, (though supposedly you can buy these from the merchant if you miss her), the Gwent tables during the party with Triss, the cards Olivier sells at the Kingfisher in Novigrad, and the cards from Zoltan's side quest. If you choose to either not do Zoltan's quest (or keep the money instead of the cards), you're SOL.

Which leads me to wonder which Gwent cards I missed. The merchant in White Orchard has none, I ran the Gwent tables at the Vegelbud party, bought the cards at every innkeeper I found in Novigrad, and did Zoltan's side quest. So either it bugged out, or there's still random merchants and innkeepers out there I've missed that can be played for a card. Even if I saw a list I doubt I'd know which ones I don't have now. That quest has too many ways to fail.

I hope the game you play with Priscilla during the ambush quest wasn't one of them. I got hosed on the deck draw, wasn't expecting a game, so had no recent save to fall back to. I lost because the game gave me all my shitty cards.

Which leads me to wonder which Gwent cards I missed. The merchant in White Orchard has none, I ran the Gwent tables at the Vegelbud party, bought the cards at every innkeeper I found in Novigrad, and did Zoltan's side quest. So either it bugged out, or there's still random merchants and innkeepers out there I've missed that can be played for a card. Even if I saw a list I doubt I'd know which ones I don't have now. That quest has too many ways to fail.

I hope the game you play with Priscilla during the ambush quest wasn't one of them. I got hosed on the deck draw, wasn't expecting a game, so had no recent save to fall back to. I lost because the game gave me all my shitty cards.

I bet you're just missing the ones from random plays. I used part one of this guide to find all the merchants that sell them and visited each one, then used that interactive map to visit every Gwent player I could find until I completed my collection.

You don't get anything for beating Priscilla as far as I can tell so it shouldn't affect your deck completion. I also forgot; apparently sleeping with "Sashia" after the Gwent tournament results in her stealing a few cards from what I've heard.

Well, this is what I'm saying. You enter a tournament, with people that have the "best" cards. You loose, you're screwed. I assumed the quest was rigged to lose on purpose, so it leads into Sasha's quest. And if that bitch stole cards from me, I'll kill her. Of course, I have no way of knowing. :shrug:

And according to that page, if you missed Old Friends, oh well. So, I'll never collect em all. Ever. And that's just poor game mechanics.

There's an achievement for winning the tournament though, and I managed to win. Yes, I "save-scummed" to do it, but Gwent is as much about what you get dealt at the beginning as it is about how powerful your cards are. I beat the bastard with a heavily stacked Northern Realms deck. Was almost pure luck though since I was mostly turning his own spy cards against him. It's a high level quest for a reason btw. You really do need to go around and pick up as many cards as you can get. I had both the Geralt and Ciri cards before I could actually beat that first guy. My match with him literally came down to simply having more cards than he did due to spies. When he was forced to pass, I tossed Ciri out for the win :P

Monsters deck is stupid easy to beat, even without Biting Frost. Make him play all his muster cards, then throw the first round. Never lost against it that way yet. You can then milk him into using up the rest in the second round. Even easier if you get either a medic or a spy card to start. Same kind of tactics can work on the elf deck too, though not as reliably since that deck has some badass archer cards.

Never even bothered to try playing the Nilfgaard deck so I have no idea if it was good enough.

Yes, yes, choices and consequences and all that :P

I'm just saying that quest will forever stay with me, cuz I can't finish it.

Oh, I'm all in favor of choices and consequences. My game had plenty of "screwups" because of the choices I made. I don't believe that should extend to something heavily dependent on a vengeful random number generator though. Gwent has too much randomness involved. There are simply matches you just can't win no matter what if you get lousy starting cards.

Also, from what I've read, you only get to have sex with Sash if you lose the match with her. Well, I beat her obviously :P

We still got to do the other quest though. It just changes positions in the story depending on how far you advance in the tournament.

FINALLY...   1.05 is out. 

Changelog

I figured it wouldn't be until next week at this point, so I guess I'm pleasantly surprised?   But oh, yeah, I already sent my 980 away to get the Step-Up upgrade to the 980 Ti...  So looks like it will be a good week and a half until I play.  

Couldn't reach that link for some reason ... but found the notes here as well. Quite a big patch, no wonder it took so long.

- Adds fail-safes for players being unable to obtain gwent cards after Dijkstra or Lambert can no longer be found in the game. -- I'd like to know more about this.

- Deploys the Bovine Defense Force Initiative. -- Uh, what?

- Slightly reduces the amount of coin dropped from chests and monsters. -- You've got to be kinding me, I barely get 3-5 coins in chests now as it is. And I've never got coins from monsters?

Also, bug for garth .... sometimes looking at horses can see the texture z-fighting - mostly from brown to white.