Map markers on (local) map

VaultDuke

hello, i was wondering about map markers. what setting defines whether a map marker is shown on the world map, or only on the local map? how do i change a (custom) map marker from showing only on the local map to showing on the world map?

thanks.

tmm <nn>(,<nn>,<nn>)

<nn> should be 1 to show all markers, or 0 to hide all markers. Hiding markers hides ALL markers - including the city markers that are automatically visible at the beginning of the game. When adding markers, the 2nd parameter determines if the ones you add are set as discovered (1, default) or not (0), and the 3rd is all (1) or all but hidden (0,default) (e.g., to add all undiscovered markers without fast travel, enter tmm 1,0,0).

From UESP about console codes in Skyrim.

There is also CK to read more about map markers.

Hm, no that is not what i was pondering about. I use a mod that adds map markers. I inow vanilla skarim has some markers that show (appear when found) on the world map, and some others, that are only visible when looking at the local map (like names for each house). I want to learn how to differentiate between the two in tes5edit and/or ck. I couldn't find any usefull hints in the wiki. I have the suspicion, that the ones shown on the local map aren't technically mapmarkers, but stored someplace else i haven't found yet. 

I don't think Arthmoor would mind if you took a closer look at Open Cities Skyrim just to see how he has done it when adding a new map marker.

Names on the local map are determined by the cell names. They're not map markers. There is no way to place one to do what you're asking for. I don't think the game even lets you use them in an interior.

i see. The current problem i try to solve is because of an added map marker for the mortar and pestle in dawnstar from my mod. When i look at it on the local map, there is a second marker with the same name. But fron how i understand your answer, there is no way to resolve this, without potentially causing all sorts of weird side effect (i.e. removing the cell name). Guess i'll have to live with that little oddity. Thank you all.

Names on the local map are determined by the cell names. They're not map markers. There is no way to place one to do what you're asking for. I don't think the game even lets you use them in an interior.

I assume that won't apply for quest markers or am I mistaken.

Quest markers in Skyrim have to use an alias, so you can only set one on something that's legal to use as an alias. Map markers are legal, but you wouldn't be able to put the map marker inside an interior :P

I see.

Are map markers in Skyrim treated in the same way as they were in Oblivion, of course I'm referring to MMO?

I would venture a tentative yes, yet it doesn't surprise me that none to date have attempted anything like MMO with Skyrim. There are, of course, many variations on the appearance of the actual world map.

Edit: Of note is this which adds a lot more markers, however,