Cannot build LakeView Manor

Thierry5820

Hello

I would like to report a problem with HearthFire: I cannot build the LakeView Manor.
- nothing at all appears on screen
- once the small house is "built" (at least that's what the game tells me), clicking an add-on on the drafting table (such as "green house") does not remove it from the add-ons list and nothing more is added as ready-to-be-built on the workbench

The 2 other houses (Heljarchen Hall & Windstad Manor) are totally built with all possible add-ons, furnitures, animals, steward, bard and carriage.

I tried many old saves, going back to when the quest BYOHHouseFalkreath was still at the beginning (up to stage 17), before buying the property/being thane (also the 2 other houses are not built yet) with same sad result.

In the papyrus log, I find occurences of

[bYOHHouseBuilding (0500305D)].byohhousebuildingscript.SetActiveHouseLocation() - "BYOHHouseBuildingScript.psc" Line 43
    [ (05003066)].BYOHWorkbenchScript.OnActivate() - "BYOHWorkbenchScript.psc" Line 24
    [05/12/2015 - 06:42:35AM] Error: Cannot equip a None item

and same 2 first lines with another error:

[05/12/2015 - 06:41:41AM] Error: Cannot call IsSameLocation() on a None object, aborting function call

I been searching the net and I found several articles about the house being built, but on another location.
So, using the console, I found the related BYOHHouseLocation_var was the correct one.
The command "coc BYOHHouse1Exterior" brought me to the expected location, close to the workbench.
So it seems to be OK, I guess.

I have many MODs (mod list and load order) based on this marvelous guide S.T.E.P.

I don't have MODs like Birds, Flock or something that adds many spawn points (I read it was the source of same problem for many people) but I thought of a compatibility issue with "Better Fast Travel".

So just to be sure, I restarted a new game keeping the exact same mods and same load order, went asap (after Helgen) to Falkreath and did what the jarl and his steward were requiring.

Then I could build the manor, miracle - it appears on screen, I can even enter it  :banana:  and the house add-ons can be built as well.
I noticed some differences.

In the "old" game:
- the quest seems be stuck at stage "use drafting table"; I could go further in the achievements only by using "setStage BYOHHouseFalkreath XXX" but was not useful
- the jarl sent the letter asking to come and meet him
- the jarl did not ask for Black Briar Mead (the Rare Gifts quest - Favor110)
And about the other quest (received from the steward, giving the right to buy the manor), I read somewhere that radiant quests are not given properly if another quest with same name ("Kill the leader of xxx") is currently on.

And I am pretty sure it was the case since I payed a visit to other jarls prior to going to Falkreath.

Please help :cry:

I been stuck with this for a week now and I don't know what to do, except restarting Skyrim...

I already restarted several times in the past but not this time.

Any assistance would be greatly welcome :woot:

Hello Leonardo and thanks for the horker :cool:

But no I can't, I am on diet...

I have last version of USKP (meaning the version available on nexus web site).

I checked all the looong list (good job, USKP) of obsolete mods, I have none of them installed...

So must be something else...

Thanks anyway

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Hey. I know this is an old post and it will probably not help you but I just wanted to create an account and tell you, you solved my problem.

I had the same problem as you, so I checked your mod list and I saw we had Real Shelter in common. Deactivating it solved it for me for good; I could finally build Lakeview Manor and complete that stupid quest.

So thank you very much. :clap:

EDIT: After building the foundation I just reactivated Real Shelter and I could build the rest of the house just fine.

• 7 months later...

Hi, sorry if I am posting this in the wrong place, it's my first time, I am playing skyrim special edition on xbox 1 and seem to have encountered the invisible hearthfire houses bug, heljarches is fully built but when I try to built windstad manor or lake view manor nothing appears, I have several mods but nothing to do with birds or anything like that, any help would be greatly appreciated 

Thanks