Follower Command Hangup - Scripting Advice Needed

GrandBulwark

Well, to give a brief introduction.  I have been trying to work up a solution to filling a few properties via GetFormFromFile() for a follower mod framework I've been working on.

The issue is, a few of the properties don't seem to fill properly.  The mod is centered around an McM menu.  The McM checks for DLCs via the McM's OnConfigInit() and OnGameReload events.

The Actors Teldryn Sero, Garmr, CuSith and Bran all seem to have issues filling.  Whereas the rest of the followers in their respective .esms work just fine.

This is the check function;

And this is the slider placement function;

These for followers return none and are filled with an empty option(refer to line 34 of the slider placement function).  The GetFormFromFile() calls on these actors however do NOT throw errors.

I have tried case sensitive, using GetFormID() on one, then converting to Hex while omitting the prefatory load order numbers.  Valdimar had a similar issue and he was fixed by tweaking his formID; that said I've tried literally everything I can think of to resolve this issue on the other FormIDs.  Anyone have any thoughts?

G'day Bulwark,

I confess to not being a frequent user of this type of code, but am lost on IsGlobalTarget. Is that user defined?

The ids of the problem actors are all 0x020... try 0x000?

Apologies, I forget that I have many proprietary functions.  Yes that is user defined.  

IsGlobalTarget(GlobalVariable SomeGlobal, Int Target) returns true if but if the global's value is equal to the passed Int, the function returns true.

That said, yes I have tried several combinations.  0x02, 0x00, 0x07...  None of them seem to work. 

Ahhh, so it turns out those references don't exist yet and rather than running off with my solution as many do; I thought I'd pass it along to everyone in case anyone has a similar issue.

Teldryn Sero, Garmr, CuSith and Bran do NOT exist on game initialize and thus return none. That must be taken into my calculations. Thanks for everyone's time.  also 0x00 works just fine as it does with all the others!  Cheers guys!

The dogs I could understand, if they don't have persist locations. If Teldryn Sero is causing this though, that seems like a problem that should be looked into via the unofficial patches. All unique NPCs are supposed to have a persist location set.

Oddly.  To elaborate a bit further, the GetFormFromFile() calls on Teldryn, Garmr, Cusith and Bran all seemed to fill as no errors we thrown in the logs.  However, starting with Live Another Life enabled, I started a new save.  I tested and these four actors are consistently NONE until they spawn, yet still "found" somehow by the GetFormFromFile().  My entire menu is NONE aware already do to some quest aliases I use to cover custom followers.

But yes it would appear that Teldryn is not persistent.  Regardless, my solution was to just get the DLC actors OnPageLoad() and if they are NONE with their respective .esm is loaded, display as unavailable.

http://pastebin.com/33aRx666

Anyway, again thanks everyone.  Hopefully this can save someone similar headaches in the future :)

Actually, thinking about it now Arthmoor.  There are quite literally dozens of the generic Skyrim.esm followers that are not persistent.  Is that something you would like me to document by name and formID for the patches?  Or was there something that made Teldryn Sero special?

EDIT: Generic meaning uniquely named, though using the default follower system.

The persistence won't always show up in TES5Edit so that's not useful. Skyrim doesn't handle being "persistent" the same way the previous games did.

Almost nothing is globally persistent, but I'm pretty sure all of the vanilla NPCs who can be hired or made followers are. I haven't looked at Teldryn Sero yet.

Well the Skyrim.esm followers hard declared, in addition to using Game Conditions referencing them.  The ones that show up in Xedit on my mods reference Data are only those followers that were not persistent.  That said, since they are hard declared; have no idea if they would throw the same kind of issue as Teldryn Sero; but I would imagine so.

Regardless, would be easy enough to compile a list.  If you want me to get one to look into then just let me know :)