Summoned Familiar not following through doors

Kesta

Hey there !

Sorry for not using the bugtracker, but the site won't let me use it... (?!). And I can't find the list of "reported but won't be fixed bugs" either. So... sorry if that have already been reported and discussed.

Problem description : Summoned familiars don't follow the player through loading doors.

Context : While testing some mods, I noticed that a summoned wolf didn't follow me when I went to a loaded door. Curious, I redid the test with the vanilla (USKPed) summoned familiar. Still not following. 

I then checked with an atronach... no problem.

Guessed source : The summoned familiar is using a regular predator wolf AI/Package, so he's basically acting like a random wolf, thus not following through loading doors. 

Suggested fix :

Not sure what to do about it. "Simply" modifiyng the EncSummonFamiliar actor to not use the default AI package would actually not be that it easy, since it'd need to recreate everything else in the package (or is it just my fear of modding packages that make me say that ? ^^)
Plus, that'd make ennemy summoned familiar to follow the player through door if I'm guessing right, which is quite unconsistent with the way skyrim ennemies usually behave.

And a new player-specific spell, with a new actor attached to it would make mods unable to modify this spell (unless offering an USKP-dependant version).

There has been sites issues for a day or two, but now should everything work including the bug tracker. :)

As for your problem I just don't know if a summoned familiar are suppose to follow you through a loading door since the duration for those summoning only last for a short time.

Besides, they're suppose to be summoned in front of you and not behind you.

• 1 month later...

Hello, me again  :wave: 

Totally forgot about this "issue", but I just updated my USKP and remembered it. The problem was pretty simple, and the fix is just about 3 records : http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/66423/?

And as an answer to :

I just don't know if a summoned familiar are suppose to follow you through a loading door since the duration for those summoning only last for a short time.

I'd say yes, from my point of view at least, since every other summons does, while they last the same time.

Hmm... It looks like you found a separate bug fix, provided it's a bug fix, that isn't listed in this mod lists of mods made obsolete by the Unofficial Skyrim Patches.