File & Gallery Failures, intermitent post & pm faliures

Arthmoor

Since some time around 5pm last night, the site has been experiencing technical issues that are currently causing any file uploads to fail, gallery postings to fail, and intermittently causing forum posts and private messages to fail.

We don't yet know what's causing this, but we're going to have IPB Tech support look into it since there doesn't seem to be anything wrong with the underlying server that's running things.

If you're making a forum post or a private message, please make sure you copy your text to the clipboard as it may get lost if you don't. Which we all know sucks.

We'll let everyone know when the issues have been resolved. Hopefully this won't mean having to do anything drastic.

Ok, well, this particular post was something I'd been trying to make since last night when the problems began but couldn't. All of the mentioned issues appear to be fixed now. Uploads no longer fail, gallery images can be submitted again, and obviously new forum posts work again.

PMs were fixed by an update to version 3.4.7 of the forum software. Which was odd, but ok.

Anyway, please keep an eye out. If something goes belly up, let us know.

For the curious - I did a somewhat dangerous thing to fix it. PHP had a bad component leftover from an OS upgrade last week. It apparently didn't start causing issues until last night. So I deleted PHP and all of its submodules. Then reinstalled them all one by one. Problem fixed. My apologies to any sysadmins I just induced heart problems in :troll:

Ok, well, this particular post was something I'd been trying to make since last night when the problems began but couldn't. All of the mentioned issues appear to be fixed now. Uploads no longer fail, gallery images can be submitted again, and obviously new forum posts work again.

PMs were fixed by an update to version 3.4.7 of the forum software. Which was odd, but ok.

Anyway, please keep an eye out. If something goes belly up, let us know.

For the curious - I did a somewhat dangerous thing to fix it. PHP had a bad component leftover from an OS upgrade last week. It apparently didn't start causing issues until last night. So I deleted PHP and all of its submodules. Then reinstalled them all one by one. Problem fixed. My apologies to any sysadmins I just induced heart problems in :troll:

Well every *bug* are in jeopardy when you're around. :P

Thanks for fixing it so quick. :D