[WIP] GameToMod

Mator

Available on Nexus Mods

gYjhv.jpg

IN-GAME MODDING!
Now you can generate mods from your saved games!

Have you spent hours and hours making your player home just the way you want? Now you can easily share it with others or use it in another play through!

Jaxonz and MatorTheEternal have teamed up to bring you this exciting new tool, consisting of an exporter mod and importer xEdit script.

Mods you create are just like any other. You can load them in your game, edit them with Creation Kit or TES5Edit, merge them, or share them via Nexus, Steam, or other sites.

Use with Jaxonz Positioner and Jaxonz Renamer for the ideal GameToMod experience!

Features

• Supports Skyrim, DLC, and 3rd party content.
  • Exports ObjectReferences from any interior CELL.
  • Imports changes made via console or with popular decorating mods.
  • Selectable filters by item type, source mod, or created/modified objects.
  • User export and import options saved between sessions.
  • Honors items renamed with Jaxonz Renamer.
  • Honors items locked in place with Jaxonz Positioner.
  • Graceful handling of objects brought from other locations.

Requirements

Installation

• Download from Nexus Mods
  • Install just like any other mod with NMM or MO.
  • Copy the *.PAS files to your TES5Edit\Edit Scripts folder.

Basic Usage

• Activate GameToMod and load up your saved game in Skyrim.
  • Travel to a decorated cell, open GameToMod's MCM menu, select desired options, and click Create File.
  • Exit Skyrim and start TES5Edit. Load the same mods used in your game.
  • Right click on skyrim.esm, select Apply Script, select the GameToMod import script, and click OK.
  • Select desired options, the exported file, a name for your new mod, and click OK.
  • Check the results, exit TES5Edit, and save changes to your new mod.

See the files section for detailed instructions with illustration. How To video coming soon!

Compatibility

• Fully compatible with DLC and 3rd party mods.
  • Not known to conflict with any other mod. Any load order works.
  • Can be cleanly uninstalled at any time.

Support

• Please use the Posts tab for all support/comments/suggestions/complaints. Private messages will just be redirected here.
  • By posting publicly, everyone can help you and it helps help build information for others to use.
  • Please read the first page or so of comments before posting your question. Chances are it has been asked and answered already.

See the change log for a list of all improvements.

This looks very interesting! Is it safe to assume that if I have a modded object in the cell I take a snapshot of, the resulting mod will have dependencies on the mod that created the custom object?

This looks very interesting! Is it safe to assume that if I have a modded object in the cell I take a snapshot of, the resulting mod will have dependencies on the mod that created the custom object?

Yep.

Just curious.  Wouldn't this mod be similar or be the same as this CK feature?

No, because this takes changes made ingame and makes an ESP out of them.  That just takes changes made in an ESP and puts them ingame while the game is running.  That feature just means you don't have to restart the game, GameToMod means you can make a mod in the game.  There's a big difference.

No, because this takes changes made ingame and makes an ESP out of them.  That just takes changes made in an ESP and puts them ingame while the game is running.  That feature just means you don't have to restart the game, GameToMod means you can make a mod in the game.  There's a big difference.

From what I understand the Hot Loading Plugin feature in CK can make it easier to correct a mod issue in-game and the result would be a patch.  Now, wouldn't that be exactly the same as GameToMod and that's to make a mod (a patch is also a mod you know) in-game. :)

From what I understand the Hot Loading Plugin feature in CK can make it easier to correct a mod issue in-game and the result would be a patch.  Now, wouldn't that be exactly the same as GameToMod and that's to make a mod (a patch is also a mod you know) in-game. :)

As I said before, it's not the same.  You insisting it is the same after I have said otherwise (I understand both features, thank you very much) trivializes what me and Jaxonz did to produce this and is extremely rude and unnecessary.  If you're not a fan, that's fine.  Please inform yourself about how GameToMod works (by using it) before making additional posts about how it is similar to feature X or Y.  You're wrong and I don't really feel up to writing a dissertation to show you why.  (there'll be a YouTube video in the near future if you're still interested then)

If you want to have a discussion where you're open to being incorrect, let me know, but until such a time please refrain from posting here.

Wow calm down. I bet the functionality of GameToMod is hard to understand by seasoned modders since it has never been done for any of Beth games before.

Leonado, this mod allows you to change position/rotation/scale of objects right in the game, save changes to special file(s) using papyrus scripts, then TES5Edit script converts those files into actual ESP plugin files that can be used by anyone. So you essentially use the game itself while playing to make new mods instead of beating your head against the wall in official editor, hence the name.

"Hot loading" is just an ability to switch esp files content without reloading the game to preserve time, it is irrelevant to what this mod does.

I think this doesn't lead anywhere.  I can only say that you have your opinion about the difference between GameToMod and the Hot Loading Plugin feature in CK, while I've mine opinion and our opinions are not the same.  That's okay with me. :)

Wow calm down. I bet the functionality of GameToMod is hard to understand by seasoned modders since it has never been done for any of Beth games before.

Leonado, this mod allows you to change position/rotation/scale of objects right in the game, save changes to special file(s) using papyrus scripts, then TES5Edit script converts those files into actual ESP plugin files that can be used by anyone. So you essentially use the game itself while playing to make new mods instead of beating your head against the wall in official editor, hence the name.

"Hot loading" is just an ability to switch esp files content without reloading the game to preserve time, it is irrelevant to what this mod does.

Let say you have posted a similar WIP-thread and someone like me asked a question about your mod.  I'm pretty sure that most modders would describe what the mod does by presenting an example like you just did about what purpose the GameToMod mod has. :)

Anyway, thanks for the clarification.

Let say you have posted a similar WIP-thread and someone like me asked a question about your mod.  I'm pretty sure that most modders would describe what the mod does by presenting an example like you just did about what purpose the GameToMod mod has. :)

Anyway, thanks for the clarification.

You didn't ask a question about the mod, you asked if it was similar to something else.  When I wrote that it wasn't and explained briefly why, you didn't understand me.  You then proceeded to maintain that you understood things and that GameToMod was something that is wasn't.  You didn't ask for clarification or more information, you simply made a statement about what you believed the facts to be.

My response to this statement was to refute your position, and in the most civil way possible explain how I felt you were being rude.  Nothing in my post was explosive, angry, or inconsiderate - it was restrained.

What zilav said is exactly what I said in my post with a few extra details.  There's plenty of in-depth explanation regarding the tool on Nexus Mods (e.g. the illustrated tutorial).  There's also plenty of clear english that states what this does in a way that shouldn't be confusing to anyone.

I don't appreciate people who post in my threads in a demeaning fashion - telling me they know more about my work than I do.

Sincerely,

Mator

• 3 weeks later...

What a coincidence, that you are developing such a helpfull tool just at the same time when i try to change some player home ingame (with "Feng Shui"). The only problem i have, you write it's just for "Skyrim" and DLC. Are you planing on making this compatible with Fallout 3 (and New Vegas)? Because that's what i am playing right now after a long time.

Right now i am trying to make "Megaton House Overhaul and Themes" compatible with "Fallout Foods" and it works "almost" great with the latest WIP-Version of "Feng Shui" for Fallout. That's why it would be great if i could save these modifications into an ESP.

Anyways, thanks for your great and interesting work (your other projects,too...).

Edit: Because of recent events, please can you give me a quick answer? Maybe i can make a few bucks......joke....