[Skyrim] Engine Bugs

lmstearn

Edit: I revisited that spot and I can see no difference.

You must be running through that area to get there then, because you've unloaded the LOD for that group of trees.  The reason there is no reflection at all is because you got close enough to the trees in the background and the full detail models have already been loaded.   In Skyrim (old and new) the tree reflections actually vanish when you get too close to them.  Disregarding SSR, *only* LOD can be reflected in water which is a huge step back from Oblivion.

So go there, move back quite a ways, and then save.  Reload the save so that those cells are completely unloaded and the LOD is in its place.   If there are still no reflections at all, you are still too close.  Your "I don't have this issue" picture would be demonstrating tree reflections that aren't giant rectangles and that have proper alpha.. not completely absent tree reflections. :P

And btw, only bother trying to reproduce this any further for you, not for me.  I am already sure you have the issue, given the two billboards I pointed out in your image.  Those two trees are somewhere behind the hill, as that hill's LOD is not loaded so it's not in the reflection.

Last time I saw Jon being wrong, I wasn't born :P

Need third-party confirmation for this one:

AI bug

NPCs set as "player's teammate" (not recruited as followers, but who behave as such, usually for quest purpose) may sometimes get stuck crouching, apparently until you change the current cell. Potentially real followers too, but I don't want to make assumptions as the two occurrence I had were with quest-assigned teammates.

I had this happening with Aela during the quest right after you turn into a werewolf, as well as with Neloth when you go get the black book for the dragonborn questline.

They do not stand up for fighting. Hitting them (I mean, forcing them to ragdoll and stand up again), disabling/re-enabling doesn't fix it, forcing them to evaluate their package doesn't help either. Nor entering combat. Even when they get a scene where they're forced to standup, walkup to an activator and use it (Neloth in front of the dwemer ruin), they stand up 1 second for the iteration then get back to crouching.

I didn't check yet if they are actually forced as player's teammate through the papyrus function, or if they have specific packages.

The first time (with Aela) was on a pure vanilla setup (1st version of SSE). Probably worth mentioning that in both case, it seemed to have been triggered while they were in combat.

TESV Special Edition as of v1.2

Papyrus bug

---------------------

A Boolean array property will not initialize correctly at index 36 and above if its values are initialized through the property window in the Creation Kit and not within the compiled script. Modifying the values at index 36+ to 'True' will reset them them to 'False' after confirming the changes in the property window and exiting. Even if the values are forced to 'True' through SSEEdit, they will still be reverted to 'False' at runtime suggesting the issue is at an engine level.

I tested array properties of other types and those all appear to be unaffected.

Reminds me of another horrible one in classic Skyrim:

Array indices are not correctly calculated when it needs more than one temp to do that.

Something like myArray [i + 1] works, but something like myArray [2 * (i + 1)] doesn't (and which array position is really accessed in the latter case is unpredictable).

That's new and special, but I think I agree with Mator (shocking, I know) that it's risky to try and push them to patch this. We're having a hard enough time getting them to listen on DLC load order as it is and this is something they could very easily make worse instead of better.

You went a bit too close to those trees at some point (or have uGrids up) so the LOD trees are unloaded (Tree reflections actually DISAPPEAR as you get close to trees...).  Though you do have the issue in other trees:

kUwpS0V.jpg

(They must be behind the hill)

While talking about hills: Where is the hill reflection on the left side coming from ? Or is it supposed to be from the mountain in the background (which is actually impossible to cause this reflection at this viewing angle) ?