NifSkope 2.0 Dev

Jon

.....hover over the part in each row where it says "Strings",  it will pop up and tell you the index....

I'm "moving" too fast in NifSkope to notice it. :rolleyes:

Thank you for tip (very useful) and of course for new update. :unworthy:

quick suggestion and feature request. Knowing that you added the uv editor (which is GREAT btw) I still find myself tweaking the values manually on the UV xy. Is there ANY way we could have the rendering window update real time with out exiting the editor box?

The UV editor was there before me, I just updated it for newer formats.  Also it already does update in real time.  I looked quickly and I don't see how it's possible that it's not doing it for you also.

I'm "moving" too fast in NifSkope to notice it. :rolleyes:

Yeah, there's a small delay for it to come up the first time, but once it comes up it'll stay up as you move through the rows.

It's updated for you the second you type the number. or after you leave the edit box? for me it has always and only done the later. :(

Oh, you worded it quite confusingly.  Still trying to figure out what and where "the UV xy" is. :P   You started with UV editor and ended with "exiting out the editor" so to me all of your question was taking place inside the editor.

And no, I'm not sure it's possible.  The data is not considered edited until you hit enter, and all of the signaling to the viewport happens when data is edited. 

hmm programically would it be possible to get a "compromise". meaning. would it be at all possible to do what i was hoping for with the arrows? like if you click the little up or down arrows, to have the render update?  Sorry to bother you about this brother. just trying to think it out, Im sure you see the benefit of the feature. since manually changing UV x and y values works best in very small increments 0.000X.

If updating the render isn't possible using the little arrow keys. would it be possible to get per field decimal control? (ie. UV seems to work the best at the 4th decimal or 3rd for larger jumps, and vertex seems to work the best at the 1st decimal.

As always, thank you for listening to my ramblings. and your conversation. Everything you do is awesome Jon. #TrueStoryBro

NifSkope 2.0 Pre-Alpha 6

I have updated the release.  Mostly memory leak fixes.  I also updated the UI for the various Flags boxes, such as BSXFlags and also all NiAVObjects (nodes, tri shapes).

Regarding the object flags,  the last 8 bits aren't even supposed to be read in by the engine, but I did find some files which had an option in the last 8 bits set.  But please take caution with ALL of these flags options, because them being listed in the UI to check on or off doesn't mean you should.   :)

----

@IP  You already can if you hover over the part in each row where it says "Strings",  it will pop up and tell you the index.  Not the most usable, but I'm not sure if I can change the name without repercussions.  The name field there is sometimes referenced directly by name in other code.  I will look into it though.

Whoop this is a very timely release :)

I think recently the whole community has been reliant on your developments not only with this but also the excellent BAE v0.10

Thank you for sharing the results of your particular expertise

Skyrim SE to-do's

gallery_1652_58_129541.png

Well it's pretty simple, it's in the same exact place it always was:

J4tlx2d.png

Data can't change location, so it will always be directly after the Vertices array.  What can change is how I display it and "Num UV Sets" was just completely wrong in both name and presentation.  There is not 4097 UV sets in the file.  The number is two options stored in the same field,  1 = Has UVs,  4096 = Has Tangents.

Secondly, if you read the changelog in the latest release you'll see I've added a spell in the Batch menu which adds this flag and updates the tangents for you.

Anyway, I will be changing this name again since people can't really seem to grasp the change,  and the exact way you set the options will probably change as well. 

Thanks! The spell has been actually very helpful. Special Edition seems to have had problems with meshes that very fine and dandy in the original version.

im not sure if this is already available but since the nifutilssuite devel is dead

is there a way to add collision to a nif file in nifscope?? (a basic collision matches the original mesh would be grand)

[snip] is there a way to add collision to a nif file in nifscope?? [snip]

All collision related blocks can be copied/pasted as any other blocks. So, if by 'adding' you mean copying a collision stuff from a mesh and pasting it to another, then the answer is yes. But if by 'adding' you mean 'creating' then the answer is no. You have to design a fake mesh that will serve as a model for your collision chunk(s) in a 3D app like Blender, 3DS, Maya... then import/convert it properly in your mesh using Chunkmerge/Nifutils.

Has anyone written up a step-by-step process for getting things from Blender all the way to Skyrim SE?

At present, my workflow is to use the old NifSkope to prepare the mesh as for Original Edition, and then load up into 2.0.6 just for the final steps of triangulation and tangents as a precaution. If I don't pass it through the old one, I can get a mesh saved that NifSkope 2.0.6 won't even reload. That could be because steps need to be done in a different order than I habitually use.

Hey I'm having trouble getting a niff mesh to obj, I followed some youtube videos exactly of how they did it, I selected the object then I choose to export it to obj, an error pops up "No NiNode, NiTriShape, or NiTriStrips is selected. Entire scene will be exported." so I hit ok since that is what the guy did in youtube haha, but when I open it up with both Maya and 3dsMax2016 absolutely nothing is in my scene.

Can you please tell me if there is something missing I need to add or something? I'm confused since Fallout4 exports out just fine. Thanks 

Can you please tell me if there is something missing I need to add or something? I'm confused since Fallout4 exports out just fine. Thanks 

Import in NifSkope 2.0.dev6 is disabled, as for export do not know.

Import in NifSkope 2.0.dev6 is disabled, as for export do not know.

The info in niffskope like the object placement x,y,z; will it be the same when exported to a 3d program as well as its pivot? I just need the scale location and pivot of a weapon im trying to get for reference and if its the same as in nifskope then i probably dont need to xport, but then again I dont remember seeing a pivot..

I have to Signal a problem .

the newest version of the nifskope has a nif.xml file that if loaded in chunkmerge of the nifutils beta latest version , doesn't work and when creating materials with multiple mats it creates just one as static, I tested that instead loading older nif.xml file from older nifskope2.0 it makes the chunkmerge util work fine creating the proper multiple materials.

Is there a compatibility problem?

I have to Signal a problem .....

Use XML from NifSkope 1.1.3

EDIT

And remember to copy the XML to the directory wehere chunkmerge is.

In chunkmerge options to select the path to this particular XML

Do not replace XML from NifSkope 2.0

Use XML from NifSkope 1.1.3

EDIT

And remember to copy the XML to the directory wehere chunkmerge is.

In chunkmerge options to select the path to this particular XML

Do not replace XML from NifSkope 2.0

Thats what I did, I thought to signal though.

Jon sorry to disturb with an off topic, but if you have a minute or two spare sometime could you take a look at Post #21 and Post #28 on the same page

Reference : Ignore the normal map work, but its about the lighter female head in SSE when NPCs are seen under a shadow ... I have no clue what is causing it but I suspect a change in nifs for SSE, as opposed to textures, and possibly as mentioned in 28 body nifs

Thanks for any pointers for all, apparently LL has members looking into it but so far to no avail, from what I remember when I could access the site once ( OpenDNS now blocks it since Cisco bought them out ) there are a lot of knowledgeable folks about that forum

Hey Jon, here's an interesting one for you. USLEEP has a mesh: meshes\architecture\windhelm\whlanddead7.nif

In this mesh, the texture path is set to: e:\elder scrolls\skyrim files\textures\architecture\windhelm\whtombstone.dds

I don't have an E: drive. Why does Nifskope not invalidate this and show a blank white one instead?

Nobody caught this until I hit it with the SSE Nif Optimizer and the path turned into this: textures\e:\elder scrolls\skyrim files\textures\architecture\windhelm\whtombstone.dds

Because Bethesda in their infinite wisdom decided to ship a TON of SSE NIFs with filepaths like this:

skyrimhd\build\pc\data\textures\landscape\trees\TundraDriftWoodBranches01.dds

So I just changed the texture load code to look for the 'textures\' but kind of forgot about absolute filepaths.  

NifSkope has never sanitized texture paths for some reason either, no idea why.  It's something I've been aware of for a long time and just haven't bothered with. Probably what the people who came before me did too. :P 

I'll probably generate actual warnings on reading in an absolute filepath for textures on load since you might not be able to tell visually, and if I just make a sanitizer for it, chances are you won't save it out if you don't see anything wrong. 

so Skyrim SE has FACEPALM level texture path errors??  (hmm maybe thats why i have a bunch of bugged textures)

please excuse the OT but has anybody thought about dusting off the code for Nifutils Suite and doing a good polish job?? (adding SE Collision mesh would be Nifty)

heck a spell to setup the settings for %game% would be Brilliant

No it's not an actual error, as their engine compensates for it.  It's just really awful that they included all that extra path string when they didn't need to.

so Skyrim SE has FACEPALM level texture path errors??  (hmm maybe thats why i have a bunch of bugged textures)

Fallout 4 is full of wonky filepaths in resources, too. 

I have some issues since i installed the alpha6 version.Double click (on nif file) does not open a new instance anymore have to go throu open new window (not sure if that is related to nifskope or win10)
- copy a data block or a NiTriShape or BSlightningshaderproperty from another file in randomly >RunTimeError or CTD< - can't pinpoint or replicate with garantie same process works sometimes somtimes >RunTimeError or CTD<
I already uninstalled and reintstalled with no effect
Seams no one else has this issue
Any advise or ideas?

Edit:
Was unrelated - figured it out was some settings for the grafic card
running fine now

Edited by crazy lion