NifSkope 2.0 Dev

Jon

Ah, bummer...that will be a problem. Does Havok tools PCSX help? Not sure if it contains any code though, but I know you can make havok animations and tweak them using that program. Shame it was taken down. I Had it downloaded just a few days before they took it down. I sent an email and asked about this, suprisingly I got a response just 1 minute later. There is no such tools shared at this time. I am tempted to push this. Because I die a little inside if I can't make collision meshes.... :'(

Speaking of MD5 errors, dev4 started to show it for Fallout New Vegas LOD files, for example

meshes\landscape\lod\wastelandnv\blocks\wastelandnv.level4.x8.y-12.nif

If you don't have NV installed, I can PM it to you.

If you generated the files with the current version of LODGen.exe it is because the export info strings need to be both sized and 0 terminated. I fixed it in the new version I am currently working on for FO4.

Could a Transform Apply function be made up for BHKRigidBodyT sub-objects?  I am intending to do some chunked static collision mesh fixes for a few terrain pieces in Whiterun, but I discovered that they're not zero'd out: there's a nonzero value for its Z position.  NifUtils Chunk Extractor does not seem to take this into account (unless I'm missing a setting somewhere), and the ration between BHKRigidBodyT translations and actual extracted mesh translations are not 1:1.

@Necrocytosis - The PCSX version is 32-bit, while the version used in F04 is a newer 64-bit one which was never publicly available.

Damn it!

Bethesda said that this game would also be just as moddable as the other previous games, guess they just ment the Creation Kit then. I refuse to accept that, must be a way around! Let's see what happens when the GECK launches.

Damn it!

Bethesda said that this game would also be just as moddable as the other previous games, guess they just ment the Creation Kit then. I refuse to accept that, must be a way around! Let's see what happens when the GECK launches.

It is not really a Bethesda's fault that Intel acquired Havok recently and took down Havok Content Tools downloads, or something like that, don't remember details.

It is not really a Bethesda's fault that Intel acquired Havok recently and took down Havok Content Tools downloads, or something like that, don't remember details.

64-bit was never available even through the Havok program so it wouldn't have mattered.  The SDK that is.  The people who are working on stuff for Fallout 4 have the 64-bit HCT, but it doesn't really help much.

64-bit was never available even through the Havok program so it wouldn't have mattered.  The SDK that is.  The people who are working on stuff for Fallout 4 have the 64-bit HCT, but it doesn't really help much.

Well, there was a time where Havok had SDK for students, this is many years ago though. I sent them message, I used my own business email adress so they don't ignore me. Asked about non-commercial lisences. I know they were availble, but not anymore, read somewhere that it was free for everyone if you did not exceed a certain ammount of income for a year. This is old, but I was investigating this years ago when I wanted something better than commandline tools for Skyrim Havok files and I know it was not the PCXS toolkit, because that came later..I think. Anyway, even if Havok would give SDK's to non-commercial use (which i doubt) we could probably still not use it in a 3rd party tool.

EDIT: By the way, the Havok PcSx Tools that I have is 64-bit. Though it only contains: Havok Preview Tools and Havok Filter Manager and gacutil.exe which is run in commandline. Also several batch scripts for ps4,xbone and pc shaders are included. But it is definitely 64-bit.

gnuwin_zps6fgxnqa7.png

32-bit+ does mean 64-bit. Even the installer is marked with 64-bit. " HavokContentTools_2014-1-0_20140830_64Bit_PcXs.exe "

There is nothing that says that I can't share it with anyone anywhere..I think. I will need to dig into that.

11 pages is a lot of go through, so I might have missed it, but...

Jon, can you make NifSkope save the lighting settings after closing, if possible, please :)

I just ran though a couple dozen files and had to set all the lighting to the angles that I wanted, on each one. :|

I'm running, version 2.0_2015-12-14, for the record.

Also, would it be possible to let the user change the grid line colors? Just curious :)

I need help with nifscope. I've tried selecting textures, but they don't show. I've opened other models from Skyrim itself, but they don't show either. What am I doing wrong?

[snip] What am I doing wrong?

Nothing. It's a known issue that was first reported here. The latest Nifskope releases are affected by this issue. It also seems like Beth' slightly changed the bsa format in the latest game update. Such changings probably won't help to easily add full FO4 support to Nifskope. We 'll have to wait for a next Nifskope update.

So, how do I see other people opening textures? is it random with each computer? I've seen it work on youtube, but none of them can help.

I get a crash if I change Skyrim Shader Type to Environment Map before setting SLSF1_Environment_Mapping in Shader Flags 1 (BSLightingShaderProperty). Setting it beforehand works fine, though.

Edit: This is when editing a Skyrim nif that I exported from Blender. I haven't tried it with a vanilla nif.

(Version NifSkope_2_0_2015-12-14)

Hey Jon,

A feature request. If an incorrectly sized texture is applied to a nif (not a multiple of 64) would it be possible to get Nifskope to throw some kind of error message out to make that clear?

@Kisuke, it doesn't crash for me at least,  but if this is reproducible 100% of the time for you I will need you to send me the NIF.   Though I do have the editing of the SLSF flags on the known issues list because I have gotten random irreproducible crashes when editing those in the past. 

@Arth  I am not sure if that rule is applicable to non-Bethesda NIFs though so I'd have to implement it in a much more specific way than I'd prefer.  But I do think general texture validation is a good idea (also things like path sanitization and such).  Also I'm not sure if I can return the size of a texture in the right locations where it's specific to Bethesda blocks, but I'll have a look.  Are you sure it's 64 though?  FO4 cubemaps are 32x32 I believe, and I think things can also be 16.   So I think the formal rule is just that it's a power of two, no? 

Also, there are textures 8x8

Skyrim Textures\Sky\Secunda_New.dds

Fallout4 Textures\Sky\Masser_new.DDS

or 4x32

Textures\AnimObjects\Pipboy\PipboyScan.DDS

Textures\AnimObjects\Pipboy\PipboyVScan.DDS

So I think the formal rule is just that it's a power of two,

From my testing it shows that precisely this principle applies for FO3, FNV, SKY, FO4.

@jon - You mentioned something about laptops with switchable graphics before. That's probably the issue here, because that's what I have and I also get the warning on startup about shader compilation, that someone else reported too.

Have you gone into your graphics settings and set NifSkope to use the dedicated card only?  That is the solution for the the shader compilation warnings.

I'll defer to those saying it's a power of 2. Last I'd heard it was multiples of 64 so I assumed things changed at some point with Skyrim.

Is anyone, possibly with AMD GPUs, having certain FO4 meshes not render whatsoever with shaders enabled?   A few people have reported to me differing issues. In one case only environmental reflections show, and the mesh is black.  In the other case the mesh doesn't show at all.   Both work fine with shaders disabled.  

I figured this was down to AMD GPU issues with the shaders, but I know at least Arth and Cat use AMD cards so someone would have told me by now.

In the one case, the meshes in /meshes/armor/armoredcoat such as outfitm.nif will not show at all with shaders enabled.  They have an R9 270. 

Is anyone, possibly with AMD GPUs, having certain FO4 meshes not render whatsoever with shaders enabled?   A few people have reported to me differing issues. In one case only environmental reflections show, and the mesh is black.  In the other case the mesh doesn't show at all.   Both work fine with shaders disabled.  

I figured this was down to AMD GPU issues with the shaders, but I know at least Arth and Cat use AMD cards so someone would have told me by now.

In the one case, the meshes in /meshes/armor/armoredcoat such as outfitm.nif will not show at all with shaders enabled.  They have an R9 270. 

When I have been sneak-modding at work, I noticed I had to turn off lighting or disable shading to get models to show. AMD 7790 card over at the office. Can check this when I am back at work. For some reason some meshes display certain parts of the mesh while the rest is invisible. Think the whole " BunkerRoofWoodMid03.nif " displayed correctly, was found in bunkerhill folder under architecture.

Have you gone into your graphics settings and set NifSkope to use the dedicated card only?  That is the solution for the the shader compilation warnings.

Yeah, that got rid of the warning. I haven't been able to get the crash again, so that seems to have been the cause of it.