[Skyrim] CK updated to 1.9.36 along with the official game launcher

Arthmoor

In case you're not aware yet, the CK for Skyrim got a long needed update today to eliminate the restriction on the size of files you can upload.

Along with this, the upload form in the CK got a couple of minor tweaks to include a small space for a description as well as a box to input change notes for an update.

The game's official launcher has also been updated (along with one steam_api.dll file) to go with this as the Workshop downloads will be sent through the Steam client now instead of the launcher.

Both modules must be updated to make this work. It's currently in beta, so you'll have to select the beta options from Steam.

Details here: http://www.bethblog.com/2015/03/02/skyrim-workshop-file-limit-is-now-limitless/

Creation Kit 1.9.33 Update

• Creation Kit now supports unlimited file sizes for mods on the Steam Workshop.
  • The Preview Image is limited to no larger than 1 MB.
Skyrim Launcher
  • The Skyrim Launcher no longer downloads mods from Steam Workshop. Downloads are now managed by the Steam Client. The Skyrim Launcher updates the game after the Steam Client finishes the download.
Creation Kit 1.9.34 Update
  • Mods created and uploaded using older versions of Creation Kit are now properly recognized and update properly.
Skyrim Launcher
  • Fixed crash with French, German, Italian and Spanish Launcher
Creation Kit 1.9.35
  • Master Files can be uploaded to Steam Workshop
  • Description fields properly support 8000 characters
  • New categories added
  • Loose scripts are now deployed as a single archive
Creation Kit Update 1.9.36
  • Allow files with seq extension to be uploaded to Workshop
  • New categories with multiple words now update properly on Workshop
  • Fixed issue with version control not enabling properly if the INI setting was turned on
  • Create Archive now allows you to select location to create new archive file
  • Fixed a crash with having several categories selected for upload
To upload master files, go to File -> Data. Highlight a loaded master file and select Upload to Steam Workshop. The prompts should work the same as uploading a plugin.

Be aware: Downloading this update will result in all of the loose vanilla and DLC scripts being deleted. If you have been editing them for any reason, either make backups of what you've done or install the update into a throwaway install and then copy the .exe to your normal ones after that.

Once the update is processed, it will never bother the loose scripts again since the new archive will be what the build tracks.

If you are updating to a throwaway folder, the following 3 files are all you need to copy to any real ones you're using for play or modding:

CreationKit.exe
SkyrimLauncher.exe
steam_api.dll

Yep, seen that yesterday! Who knows, maybe even Skyrim gets updated to 1.9.33 with a lip sync and bad-eyes-after-invisibility fixed? :D

• 3 weeks later...

According to GStaff, these changes (along with the 1.9.34 update that came during the beta) have gone live now. If you're NOT subscribed to the betas already, expect your game to update itself the next time you log in to Steam.

Beware that this MAY cause the CK update to download vanilla scripts. So if you've edited any, make backups before you let this happen or much sadness will ensue.

Script sources, but that's bad enough if you've been editing them and along comes the update to wipe all that out.

A new CK beta is now available on Steam:

Creation Kit 1.9.35

• Master Files can be uploaded to Steam Workshop
  • Description fields properly support 8000 characters
  • New categories added
  • Loose scripts are now deployed as a single archive

To upload master files, go to File -> Data. Highlight a loaded master file and select Upload to Steam Workshop. The prompts should work the same as uploading a plugin.

Be aware: Downloading this update will result in all of the loose vanilla and DLC scripts being deleted. If you have been editing them for any reason, either make backups of what you've done or install the update into a throwaway install and then copy the .exe to your normal ones after that.

Once the update is processed, it will never bother the loose scripts again since the new archive will be what the build tracks.

WHAT? So that means the uskp will be able to return to the workshop?

What us that new method to deploy Script files used for though, not Sure i fully grasp the implication of it...

It means when the CK does updates in the future for the script source code it will come down as a single archive file with the scripts inside so they don't wipe out any edits you've done to them. You do need to be mindful that updating to 1.9.35 will erase ALL OF THEM when it first updates, but after that will leave them alone. So make backups, or install the update to a throwaway install like I do and then just move the CK's exe into your normal area.

Hrm. Well that was fast. They pushed 1.9.35 live already. I sure hope my one test upload to the testing area for it was enough :P

It should be noted that this update permanently disables Version Control as well. It was not addressed in the official changelog, but it was a tool that a significant amount of the modding community made use of.

Permanently? So it's locked out even when the ini settings are in place? I can imagine that's going to make the work you guys are doing a serious pain if nobody managed to keep an older copy of the CK.

I did, but distribution amongst the team seems a bit too close to breaking the Steam TOS. What do you think?

I asked in the announcement thread on Bethsoft about using the old version and got a bit of a non-answer from Gstaff. I'm not sure if he was slyly implying we could or stating that the update was mandatory.

I don't think it would make any difference as far as the Steam ToS, but it's quite possible it borders on a EULA violation of some sort for the CK itself.

I'm not sure GStaff is in a position to be able to deliver those kinds of answers without approval from elsewhere. Or perhaps they gave HIM a coy non-answer to the question and he did what he could with that. As far as the Steam system is concerned it will be delivered as a mandatory update since it's out of beta now.

I had a trouble after updating Skyrim. The launcher unsubscribed and deactivated all Steam mods even though they were still subscribed there. Fortunately I only have few of them, so it wasn't so hard to unsubscribe/subscribe.

I had a trouble after updating Skyrim. The launcher unsubscribed and deactivated all Steam mods even though they were still subscribed there. Fortunately I only have few of them, so it wasn't so hard to unsubscribe/subscribe.

Yep, that's a consequence of the launcher update. Any subscriptions you have need to be reset and resubscribed or the launcher won't acknowledge them anymore. They kind of did a poor job of telling people about that part.

Yeah, they should've said it more clearly.

But this Skyrim update got me thinking... is it now possible for USKPs to be on the Steam again?

As we all know, Bethesda is quite notorious for forgetting "details" like that.  :troll:

And yes, that will be possible again. Arthmoor said that the patches will be put up on the Workshop when the 2.1.1 update is out of beta. Right now the beta period is expected to begin this coming weekend and last for about a week.

They will. None of the existing download sites will lose them.