[WIP] Mator Smash

Mator

Completed a Smash of everything with 0.8.4

Afterwards, ran an automatic clean on the patch and found it produces ITMs

[Filtering done]  Processed Records: 1287383 Elapsed Time: 01:46
Removing: DecorateWindhelmArmory "Armory. (<Global=HDWindhelmArmory> gold)" [DIAL:000E67B4]
Removing: DecorateSolitudeBedroom "Bedroom. (<Global=HDSolitudeBedroom> gold)" [DIAL:000E24D0]
Removing: DecorateRiftenBedroomTopic "Bedroom furnishings. (<Global=HDRiftenBedroom> gold)" [DIAL:000C8962]
Removing: DecorateWhiterunBedroom "Bedroom furnishings. (<Global=HDWhiterunBedroom> gold)" [DIAL:000C6E07]
[Removing "Identical to Master" records done]  Processed Records: 2057, Removed Records: 4, Elapsed Time: 00:00
[undeleting and Disabling References done]  Processed Records: 2053, Undeleted Records: 0, Elapsed Time: 00:00

Also found a few unexpected results ..

I have three light altering mods, Relighting Skyrim, after which should be loaded ELE Lite ( iaw ELE instructions ). Because my laptop is not too hot on performance, I have Colorful lights No Shadows and Colorful lights no Shadows - DLCs loading later than the two of them to kill shadow casters.

In that order, and after smashup, Shadow casting qualities are being killed in the patch which is desired ( from the later loading Colorful Lights mods ), but color values are being carried into the patch from ELE

I am presuming thats because Colorful lights has no changes to vanilla color values, so ELE's changes win ? ( with all default settings )

Anyway here's another log of this successful build, to compare with previous log ( same choices were made .. Left everything at defaults .. so the only differences here are a result of the differences between 0.8.1 and 0.8.4

I included a newly built bashed patch for merging Wrye Bash levelled lists results

Hope some of the above is helpful

What?  Can you please tell me where you came across this information?  My experiences (as a Computer Science major) are in direct contrast with what you're saying here.

Man that was ages ago I read it in a Swedish PC magazine, over 10 years ago or perhaps 15 years.  But I search for more information about Delphi on WikiPedia and I found this.

I'm not for tagging mods, actually vice versa. I want to get rid of them in most cases when possible. I'm just saying that "tags" should serve as a logical grouping of different fields that must always be copied together even when only a single value has changed out of dozens assigned to a tag. And those groups must be statically defined in some config file, similar to how tags are hardcoded in Wrye Bash code.

Look at the cell's fog example. Even when lets say only a XCLL \ Fog Near value was changed in some mod, you must still copy all other tied fog fields too to get a consistent and desirable effect in game. Recursively going through all fields in a record and "smashing" all changed fields together in a bashed patch is undesirable.

It's just that that requires exactly what I'm trying to avoid - specificity in patching procedures.  Perhaps you could still use the same generic procedures, but the packing of elements in groups like that just adds lots of complexity to the script.  I'll look into it... later.

It'd be relatively easy, however, to simply not traverse into an element and just copy it in its entirety to the patch if it's not ITM.

You organise your conflicting mods ( forget the rest which do not conflict, they can be ordered anywhere ) - And the plugin which includes the most conflicts loads first.

Then logically the plugins with less changes to the game get a chance to be in game ( for people in the community who have no idea on a deeper level what any particular mod contains, and have no clue how best to manually arrange their load order, at least they do not have the rest of their load order overridden by one overhaul mod loading last )

*snip*

Would Smash also be able to utilise that masterlist for users of LOOT, for the mods where the author does not provide them in the description field of the plugin ?

Makes some sense.  A planned feature in Mator Smash is to provide information on plugins including number of override records in each group.  Hypothetically this could also be extended to providing conflict information.

Not planning on doing anything with LOOT.

.. But I noticed that after choosing Apply Script, then selecting the script from the list of Scripts and running it - The Apply Script dialogue is still showing behind the Smash Selection dialogue ( its like the graphics do not refresh underneath the Smash window )

If you also drag the Smash window over the top of TES5Edit window to the left ( list of plugins ), when you then drag it to the right the TES5Edit list of plugins becomes graphically blanked .. Which also feels like a graphical refresh on overlapping windows is getting lost

That has nothing to do with the script, it has to do with windows and xEdit and asynchronous stuff and I don't know.  Talk to Zilav.  It probably can't be helped.

Man that was ages ago I read it in a Swedish PC magazine, over 10 years ago or perhaps 15 years.  But I search for more information about Delphi on Wikipedia and I found this.

No capital P in Wikipedia please.  C++ is generally considered faster and can do more things (it's a system language). C++ is the most used programming language today. Those are the main differences, I'd say.

Afterwards, ran an automatic clean on the patch and found it produces ITMs

[Filtering done]  Processed Records: 1287383 Elapsed Time: 01:46

Removing: DecorateWindhelmArmory "Armory. (<Global=HDWindhelmArmory> gold)" [DIAL:000E67B4]

Removing: DecorateSolitudeBedroom "Bedroom. (<Global=HDSolitudeBedroom> gold)" [DIAL:000E24D0]

Removing: DecorateRiftenBedroomTopic "Bedroom furnishings. (<Global=HDRiftenBedroom> gold)" [DIAL:000C8962]

Removing: DecorateWhiterunBedroom "Bedroom furnishings. (<Global=HDWhiterunBedroom> gold)" [DIAL:000C6E07]

[Removing "Identical to Master" records done]  Processed Records: 2057, Removed Records: 4, Elapsed Time: 00:00

[undeleting and Disabling References done]  Processed Records: 2053, Undeleted Records: 0, Elapsed Time: 00:00

Plan to fix soon. Just need to do a conflict status check of WinningOverride() for records before adding them to the list of records to be patched. Everyone tells me about this and it's getting on my nerves.

In that order, and after smashup, Shadow casting qualities are being killed in the patch which is desired ( from the later loading Colorful Lights mods ), but color values are being carried into the patch from ELE

screenshot

I am presuming thats because Colorful lights has no changes to vanilla color values, so ELE's changes win ? ( with all default settings )

Intended functionality.

I included a newly built bashed patch for merging Wrye Bash levelled lists results

Huh? I don't understand what you're saying here.

:) That last was in case you wondered after looking at the log. I wanted Wrye Bash Relev / Delev work to be included in the resulting smash.

:) That last was in case you wondered after looking at the log. I wanted Wrye Bash Relev / Delev work to be included in the resulting smash.

Mator Smash does Relev / Delev, so doing Wrye Bash before Mator Smash isn't achieving anything.

O_o Thats new info, sounds like Smash is going to be quite something when its fully developed.

Does it have any more capabilities which are not listed in the OP ?, considering the level of understanding you need out of users at this stage, the more technical detail the better.

Wrye ( not wyre )

O_o Thats new info, sounds like Smash is going to be quite something when its fully developed.

Literally the entirety of Smash's functionality is replacing the stuff that Bash Tags did previously. That's kind of what's said over and over in the OP.

Does it have any more capabilities which are not listed in the OP ?, considering the level of understanding you need out of users at this stage, the more technical detail the better.

The OP is pretty complete I think. Relev and Delev are bash tags for handling the adding/removing entries from leveled lists by multiple mods. That's literally the entire point of what Smash is doing, only it does it for all records. Additions/deletions by multiple mods are conflict resolved into a single patch.

Wrye ( not wyre )

*Facepalm*. I don't know how long it's going to take me to get this right. lol. Wrye is such an unnatural word.

Literally the entirety of Smash's functionality is replacing the stuff that Bash Tags did previously. That's kind of what's said over and over in the OP.

The OP is pretty complete I think. Relev and Delev are bash tags for handling the adding/removing entries from leveled lists by multiple mods. That's literally the entire point of what Smash is doing, only it does it for all records. Additions/deletions by multiple mods are conflict resolved into a single patch.

I think the main thing we're trying to get at though is that tags already handle things the way everyone expects. Well, those that are implemented in Bash anyway. If a mod hasn't got tags, we aren't expecting it to be processed at all except for basic leveled lists. The ability to be selective is pretty important.

It sounds like Smash is doing pretty much the opposite, and the patch it generates bear this out. It's taking the whole load order and smashing everything together whether we might want it to or not. I don't mean to come off rude or anything but if we wanted this sort of behavior, the existing Merged Patch functionality in xEdit already mostly handles this and is MUCH faster.

I think the main thing we're trying to get at though is that tags already handle things the way everyone expects. Well, those that are implemented in Bash anyway. If a mod hasn't got tags, we aren't expecting it to be processed at all except for basic leveled lists. The ability to be selective is pretty important.

The ability to be selective comes from smash settings and tags will be interpretted into smash settings in a future version.

It sounds like Smash is doing pretty much the opposite, and the patch it generates bear this out.

Only if your setting tells it to do the opposite.

It's taking the whole load order and smashing everything together whether we might want it to or not.

The point of all patching utilities is to make the edits that were lost due to the rule of "one" available via a patch file. That's what Mator Smash does.

I don't mean to come off rude or anything but if we wanted this sort of behavior, the existing Merged Patch functionality in xEdit already mostly handles this and is MUCH faster.

Merged Patch only handles a few record/subrecord types, not all record types. Mator Smash already does more than the Merged Patch functionality.

This is what merged patch does:

eQzF5.png

This is what Mator Smash does:

eQAw5.png

The Merged Patch has clear failures and is only dealing with the ARMO and WEAP records. The Smashed Patch doesn't make the failures the Merged Patch makes and deals with all records.

The point of all patching utilities is to make the edits that were lost due to the rule of "one" available via a patch file. That's what Mator Smash does.

Understood, but right now it appears the philosophy being used is "smash it all, sort it out later" which is not always desirable. There are times when conflicts are not important enough to merge, or when doing so would cause problems.

I get that you're looking to do tag support later, which is great, but what happens in cases of mods where there are no tags and the author does not feel the mod needs tags because their changes are not that important?

Understood, but right now it appears the philosophy being used is "smash it all, sort it out later" which is not always desirable. There are times when conflicts are not important enough to merge, or when doing so would cause problems.

The reason this is my current philosophy is it is the best approach for testing. It forces people to try to smash everything and allows me to get A LOT of testing information on what critical issues I need to address. As soon as I have working code that does what I want it to do for the minimum requirements of smashing records together, we can discuss and approach the issues of not merging certain conflicts.

A kind of Smash It 'n See policy. :P

The ultimate test is to see all this working out in game. I wish you the best, and look forward to seeing the results in the years to come.

I guess the beauty of Wrye Bash in Oblivion was that practically everything related to modding had been controlled through that. For Skyrim, having lots of little programs doing lots of things is'nt everyones' cuppa, compounds compatibility issues, and frags the disk.

And isn't the motivation for this partly due to the 256 esp limit for Skyrim? Kinda like hamburger with the lot - and then with everything under the kitchen sink!

I think we'll all put on a "Wrye" smile in early days of testing when folks tell of their unusual game experiences having all those 255 mods smashed together!  :wallbash:

A kind of Smash It 'n See policy. :P

The ultimate test is to see all this working out in game. I wish you the best, and look forward to seeing the results in the years to come.

I guess the beauty of Wrye Bash in Oblivion was that practically everything related to modding had been controlled through that. For Skyrim, having lots of little programs doing lots of things is'nt everyones' cuppa, compounds compatibility issues, and frags the disk.

And isn't the motivation for this partly due to the 256 esp limit for Skyrim? Kinda like hamburger with the lot - and then with everything under the kitchen sink!

I think we'll all put on a "Wrye" smile in early days of testing when folks tell of their unusual game experiences having all those 255 mods smashed together!  :wallbash:

I think a viable goal is to have everything to do with modding go though TES5Edit.

The ultimate test will indeed be to see things working in game.  Also, the ESP limit is solved by my Merge Plugins script and isn't directly related to the effort around Mator Smash.

EDIT:

Also, v0.8.5 is out.  Should fix a lot of the problems reported in the last few days.  There should no longer be any records in the merged plugin that are identical to the WinningOverride.  Things should be on a whole a lot more accurate, missing elements should be fairly rare now.  Things are certainly not perfect yet (I haven't done anything about unsorted arrays yet), but I think we're moving forward.

From my testing, I can now generate perfect patches of AOS.esp + Climates of Tamriel.esm and of Weapons & Armor Fixes_Remade.esp + Clothing & Clutter Fixes.esp.

Your prowess not only with this but from what I have seen of the Merge Scripts aswell, is commendable. I am also looking forward to seeing this develop, you have a different way of going about it and a vision of how it will be .. Which we are not able to fully comprehend .. But I have a rough idea of how its going to work and it sounds good to be honest. It certainly has tweaked my interest enough to have me looking at results in TES5Edit when I should be sleeping instead  :redface:

Grabbing 0.8.5 see if I can be of any help anymore, doubt it ( not experienced enough with the CK or TES5Edit to be as eagle eyed / knowledgeable as you need I dont think ), but worth a try see if I can find anything constructive to mention.

Is there any point uploading anymore logs ?, I dont know if they were useful or not for you, even if just to confirm what you think should be happening for anyone else, and to check nothing unexpected is popping up in there.

I think a viable goal is to have everything to do with modding go though TES5Edit.

^ Makes sense to me too, TES5Edit being the most accurate tool we have for examining any kind of record.

Your prowess not only with this but from what I have seen of the Merge Scripts aswell, is commendable. I am also looking forward to seeing this develop, you have a different way of going about it and a vision of how it will be .. Which we are not able to fully comprehend .. But I have a rough idea of how its going to work and it sounds good to be honest. It certainly has tweaked my interest enough to have me looking at results in TES5Edit when I should be sleeping instead  :redface:

:D

Yeah, my approach angle is different from what other people find intuitive, but I think it'll result in less development work and a better ending product.

Grabbing 0.8.5 see if I can be of any help anymore, doubt it ( not experienced enough with the CK or TES5Edit to be as eagle eyed / knowledgeable as you need I dont think ), but worth a try see if I can find anything constructive to mention.

I think you'll be of help! :D

Is there any point uploading anymore logs ?, I dont know if they were useful or not for you, even if just to confirm what you think should be happening for anyone else, and to check nothing unexpected is popping up in there.

Probably not. Screenshots help more than anything at this point.

Probably not. Screenshots help more than anything at this point.

Well, I wasn't going to but the logs are seriously reduced with the most recent versions of the script, enough to Mark all occurrences of "Exception" in notepad++ and post it in a spoiler ..

-----------------------------------------------------------

Mator Smash v0.8.5: Makes a smashed patch.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Processing Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp

Processing Unofficial Dawnguard Patch.esp

Processing Unofficial Hearthfire Patch.esp

Processing Unofficial Dragonborn Patch.esp

Processing Skyrim Project Optimization - Full Version.esm

Processing Cutting Room Floor.esp

Processing VanillaReducedTextures.esp

Processing RelightingSkyrim.esp

Processing Relighting Skyrim - Dawnguard.esp

Processing Relighting Skyrim - Dragonborn.esp

Processing Relighting Skyrim - HearthFire.esp

Processing ELE_Legendary_Lite.esp

Processing AOS.esp

Processing Combat Evolved.esp

Processing Animal Tweaks.esp

Processing Backup Movement Speed Reduction.esp

Processing ShezriesOldHroldan.esp

Processing Bring Out Your Dead.esp

Processing ClothingAndArmorFixes.esp

Processing ColorfulLightsNoShadows.esp

Processing ColorfulLightsNoShadows - Merged DLCs.esp

Processing Run For Your Lives.esp

Processing Point The Way.esp

Processing Remove Interior Fog V2 - Full Version.esp

Processing Inigo.esp

Processing Pureweather.esp

Processing Pureweather_AOS2 Patch.esp

Processing sandboxcylinderheight.esp

Processing The Paarthurnax Dilemma.esp

Processing When Vampires Attack.esp

Smashing record WhiterunPlainsDistrict04 [CELL:0001A276] (in WhiterunWorld "Whiterun" [WRLD:0001A26F] at 6,-2) from file: Unofficial Hearthfire Patch.esp

!! Exception: Assertion failure (D:\Projects\TES5Edit\wbImplementation.pas, line 14832)

Smashing record WhiterunPlainsDistrict04 [CELL:0001A276] (in WhiterunWorld "Whiterun" [WRLD:0001A26F] at 6,-2) from file: RelightingSkyrim.esp

!! Exception: Assertion failure (D:\Projects\TES5Edit\wbImplementation.pas, line 14832)

Smashing record WhiterunPLainsDistrict03 [CELL:0001A27A] (in WhiterunWorld "Whiterun" [WRLD:0001A26F] at 5,-2) from file: Unofficial Hearthfire Patch.esp

Smashing record WhiterunWindDistrict02 [CELL:0001A27B] (in WhiterunWorld "Whiterun" [WRLD:0001A26F] at 5,-1) from file: Unofficial Hearthfire Patch.esp

Smashing record WhiterunOrigin [CELL:0001A27F] (in WhiterunWorld "Whiterun" [WRLD:0001A26F] at 4,-2) from file: Unofficial Hearthfire Patch.esp

Smashing record WICastMagic04 "Shout - learn about word wall" [QUST:00023EE4] from file: Unofficial Dawnguard Patch.esp

!! Exception: ''DLC1SoulCairnLocation "Soul Cairn" [LCTN'' is not a valid integer value

Smashing record WICastMagic04 "Shout - learn about word wall" [QUST:00023EE4] from file: Unofficial Dragonborn Patch.esp

!! Exception: Found a LCTN reference, expected: QUST

Smashing record [REFR:0006AF8C] (places Cidhna_OmniLight_Warm [LIGH:0009250B] in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of ShorsStoneRedbellyMine "Redbelly Mine" [CELL:0001382E]) from file: Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp

Smashing record [REFR:0006AFE5] (places DefaultCandleLight01NSDesat [LIGH:00088241] in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of ShorsStoneRedbellyMine "Redbelly Mine" [CELL:0001382E]) from file: Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp

Smashing record RobbersGorge01 "Robbers' Cove" [CELL:000778F1] from file: Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp

Smashing record [iNFO:0007A50B] ('If that's what you want. Come find me at the College if you change your mind.' in GRUP Topic Children of DialogueFollowerDismissTopic "It's time for us to part ways." [DIAL:0005C80C]) from file: Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp

!! Exception: Found a FACT reference, expected: ACTI,ALCH,AMMO,ARMA,ARMO,ASPC,BOOK,CONT,DOOR,ENCH,FLST,FURN,GRAS,IDLM,KEYM,LIGH,LVLI,LVSP,MISC,MSTT,NPC_,NULL,PROJ,SCRL,SHOU,SLGM,SOUN,SPEL,STAT,TACT,TREE,WEAP

!! Exception: Found a FACT reference, expected: ACTI,ALCH,AMMO,ARMA,ARMO,ASPC,BOOK,CONT,DOOR,ENCH,FLST,FURN,GRAS,IDLM,KEYM,LIGH,LVLI,LVSP,MISC,MSTT,NPC_,NULL,PROJ,SCRL,SHOU,SLGM,SOUN,SPEL,STAT,TACT,TREE,WEAP

Smashing record [REFR:000863A1] (places SBurialUrn01 "Burial Urn" [CONT:0008617F] in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of SolitudeHalloftheDeadCatacombs "Solitude Catacombs" [CELL:000DD216]) from file: Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp

Smashing record [REFR:000863A1] (places SBurialUrn01 "Burial Urn" [CONT:0008617F] in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of SolitudeHalloftheDeadCatacombs "Solitude Catacombs" [CELL:000DD216]) from file: Cutting Room Floor.esp

Smashing record [iNFO:000C7F04] (in GRUP Topic Children of DecorateWindhelmViewBranch1Topic "I'd like to decorate my home." [DIAL:000C7EFF]) from file: Unofficial Hearthfire Patch.esp

!! Exception: ''HjerimKillerClutter [REFR:000DF492] (places XMarker [sTAT:0000003B] in GRUP Cell Persistent Children of WindhelmHjerim "Hjerim" [CELL:00016778])'' is not a valid integer value

Smashing record [iNFO:000C9DA2] (in GRUP Topic Children of DecorateRiftenEnchantingTopic "Enchanting laboratory. (<Global=HDRiftenEnchanting> gold)" [DIAL:000C9D9A]) from file: Unofficial Hearthfire Patch.esp

!! Exception: ''Player [00000014]'' is not a valid integer value

Smashing record [REFR:000D8D9F] (places RoadSignFalkreath01L [sTAT:000D8D9B] in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of HelgenRiverwoodCrossroads [CELL:000097B1] (in Tamriel "Skyrim" [WRLD:0000003C] at 1,-16)) from file: Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp

Smashing record [REFR:000DEF5B] (places MarkarthCoffin01container "Coffin" [CONT:000F6891] in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of MarkarthHalloftheDead "Hall of the Dead" [CELL:00023FD4]) from file: Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp

Smashing record [REFR:000DEF5B] (places MarkarthCoffin01container "Coffin" [CONT:000F6891] in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of MarkarthHalloftheDead "Hall of the Dead" [CELL:00023FD4]) from file: Bring Out Your Dead.esp

Smashing record [REFR:000DEF5F] (places MarkarthCoffin01container "Coffin" [CONT:000F6891] in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of MarkarthHalloftheDead "Hall of the Dead" [CELL:00023FD4]) from file: Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp

Smashing record [REFR:000DEF5F] (places MarkarthCoffin01container "Coffin" [CONT:000F6891] in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of MarkarthHalloftheDead "Hall of the Dead" [CELL:00023FD4]) from file: Bring Out Your Dead.esp

Smashing record [REFR:000DEF69] (places MarkarthCoffin01container "Coffin" [CONT:000F6891] in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of MarkarthHalloftheDead "Hall of the Dead" [CELL:00023FD4]) from file: Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp

Smashing record [REFR:000DEF69] (places MarkarthCoffin01container "Coffin" [CONT:000F6891] in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of MarkarthHalloftheDead "Hall of the Dead" [CELL:00023FD4]) from file: Bring Out Your Dead.esp

Smashing record [REFR:000DEF7D] (places MarkarthCoffin01container "Coffin" [CONT:000F6891] in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of MarkarthHalloftheDead "Hall of the Dead" [CELL:00023FD4]) from file: Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp

Smashing record [REFR:000DEF7D] (places MarkarthCoffin01container "Coffin" [CONT:000F6891] in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of MarkarthHalloftheDead "Hall of the Dead" [CELL:00023FD4]) from file: Bring Out Your Dead.esp

Smashing record [REFR:000DEF99] (places MarkarthCoffin01container "Coffin" [CONT:000F6891] in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of MarkarthHalloftheDead "Hall of the Dead" [CELL:00023FD4]) from file: Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp

Smashing record [REFR:000DEF99] (places MarkarthCoffin01container "Coffin" [CONT:000F6891] in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of MarkarthHalloftheDead "Hall of the Dead" [CELL:00023FD4]) from file: Bring Out Your Dead.esp

Smashing record [REFR:000DEFA3] (places MarkarthCoffin01container "Coffin" [CONT:000F6891] in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of MarkarthHalloftheDead "Hall of the Dead" [CELL:00023FD4]) from file: Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp

Smashing record [REFR:000DEFA3] (places MarkarthCoffin01container "Coffin" [CONT:000F6891] in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of MarkarthHalloftheDead "Hall of the Dead" [CELL:00023FD4]) from file: Bring Out Your Dead.esp

Smashing record [REFR:000F5776] (places Alikr_OrangeFlicker [LIGH:00094E65] in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of ShorsStoneRedbellyMine "Redbelly Mine" [CELL:0001382E]) from file: Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp

Smashing record [REFR:000F5779] (places DefaultCandleLight01 [LIGH:00088237] in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of ShorsStoneRedbellyMine "Redbelly Mine" [CELL:0001382E]) from file: Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp

Smashing record [REFR:000F577A] (places DefaultTorch01NS_Fast [LIGH:000BCC9D] in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of ShorsStoneRedbellyMine "Redbelly Mine" [CELL:0001382E]) from file: Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp

Smashing record [REFR:000F5B0D] (places Cidhna_OmniLight_Warm [LIGH:0009250B] in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of ShorsStoneRedbellyMine "Redbelly Mine" [CELL:0001382E]) from file: Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp

Smashing record [REFR:00105027] (places RoomMarker [sTAT:0000001F] in GRUP Cell Persistent Children of [CELL:000C3513] (in KatariahWorld "Emperor's Quarters" [WRLD:000C350D]) at -12,26) from file: Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp

Smashing record [ACHR:0010831A] (places LvlMudcrab [NPC_:0008CACC] in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of [CELL:00009387] (in Tamriel "Skyrim" [WRLD:0000003C] at -21,17)) from file: Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp

Smashing record DLC2HrodulfsHouse "Hrodulf's House" [CELL:07021074] from file: Unofficial Dragonborn Patch.esp

Smashing record IceTorch01 [LIGH:0001950D] from file: RelightingSkyrim.esp

Smashing record IceTorch01 [LIGH:0001950D] from file: ColorfulLightsNoShadows.esp

Smashing record DefaultCandleLight01 [LIGH:00088237] from file: RelightingSkyrim.esp

Smashing record DefaultCandleLight01 [LIGH:00088237] from file: ColorfulLightsNoShadows.esp

Smashing record SolitudeInnFirePlacesShadowDefault [LIGH:000A56A9] from file: RelightingSkyrim.esp

Smashing record SolitudeInnFirePlacesShadowDefault [LIGH:000A56A9] from file: ColorfulLightsNoShadows.esp

Smashing record KorvanJundOrangeShadowOmni [LIGH:000B7475] from file: RelightingSkyrim.esp

Smashing record KorvanJundOrangeShadowOmni [LIGH:000B7475] from file: ColorfulLightsNoShadows.esp

Smashing record IceCandleLight01 [LIGH:000194F4] from file: ELE_Legendary_Lite.esp

Smashing record IceCandleLight01 [LIGH:000194F4] from file: ColorfulLightsNoShadows.esp

Smashing record IceCandleLight01_Desat [LIGH:000194F5] from file: ELE_Legendary_Lite.esp

Smashing record IceCandleLight01_Desat [LIGH:000194F5] from file: ColorfulLightsNoShadows.esp

Smashing record IceCandleLight01_DesatMoveLess [LIGH:000194F6] from file: ELE_Legendary_Lite.esp

Smashing record IceCandleLight01_DesatMoveLess [LIGH:000194F6] from file: ColorfulLightsNoShadows.esp

Smashing record IceTorch01_Fast [LIGH:0001950E] from file: ELE_Legendary_Lite.esp

Smashing record IceTorch01_Fast [LIGH:0001950E] from file: ColorfulLightsNoShadows.esp

Smashing record IceTorch01_FastDesat [LIGH:0001950F] from file: ELE_Legendary_Lite.esp

Smashing record IceTorch01_FastDesat [LIGH:0001950F] from file: ColorfulLightsNoShadows.esp

Smashing record IceTorch01_SuperFast [LIGH:00019521] from file: ELE_Legendary_Lite.esp

Smashing record IceTorch01_SuperFast [LIGH:00019521] from file: ColorfulLightsNoShadows.esp

Smashing record IceTorch01Desat [LIGH:00019526] from file: ELE_Legendary_Lite.esp

Smashing record IceTorch01Desat [LIGH:00019526] from file: ColorfulLightsNoShadows.esp

Smashing record BleakFallsTorchlight01 [LIGH:0002EDED] from file: ELE_Legendary_Lite.esp

Smashing record BleakFallsTorchlight01 [LIGH:0002EDED] from file: ColorfulLightsNoShadows.esp

Smashing record BleakFallsDraugrTorch01 [LIGH:0002EDFC] from file: ELE_Legendary_Lite.esp

Smashing record BleakFallsDraugrTorch01 [LIGH:0002EDFC] from file: ColorfulLightsNoShadows.esp

Smashing record BleakFallsDraugrTorch02 [LIGH:0002F363] from file: ELE_Legendary_Lite.esp

Smashing record BleakFallsDraugrTorch02 [LIGH:0002F363] from file: ColorfulLightsNoShadows.esp

Smashing record DefaultTorch01_FastDesat [LIGH:000346CF] from file: ELE_Legendary_Lite.esp

Smashing record DefaultTorch01_FastDesat [LIGH:000346CF] from file: ColorfulLightsNoShadows.esp

Smashing record Torch01Shadow "Torch" [LIGH:00036343] from file: ELE_Legendary_Lite.esp

Smashing record DefaultTorch01_Fast [LIGH:00036464] from file: ELE_Legendary_Lite.esp

Smashing record DefaultTorch01_Fast [LIGH:00036464] from file: ColorfulLightsNoShadows.esp

Smashing record DefaultTorch01_SuperFast [LIGH:00036B0D] from file: ELE_Legendary_Lite.esp

Smashing record DefaultTorch01_SuperFast [LIGH:00036B0D] from file: ColorfulLightsNoShadows.esp

Smashing record FarmInteriorFireLight01 [LIGH:00059B71] from file: ELE_Legendary_Lite.esp

Smashing record FarmInteriorFireLight01 [LIGH:00059B71] from file: ColorfulLightsNoShadows.esp

Smashing record SolitudeInnCandleDefaultShadow [LIGH:000625E0] from file: ELE_Legendary_Lite.esp

Smashing record SolitudeInnCandleDefaultShadow [LIGH:000625E0] from file: ColorfulLightsNoShadows.esp

Smashing record DefaultCandleLight01_Desat [LIGH:000668F2] from file: ELE_Legendary_Lite.esp

Smashing record DefaultCandleLight01_Desat [LIGH:000668F2] from file: ColorfulLightsNoShadows.esp

Smashing record DefaultCandleLight01_DesatMoveLess [LIGH:000691D2] from file: ELE_Legendary_Lite.esp

Smashing record DefaultCandleLight01_DesatMoveLess [LIGH:000691D2] from file: ColorfulLightsNoShadows.esp

Smashing record BleakFallsDraugrTorchDesat01 [LIGH:0006AF07] from file: ELE_Legendary_Lite.esp

Smashing record BleakFallsDraugrTorchDesat01 [LIGH:0006AF07] from file: ColorfulLightsNoShadows.esp

Smashing record WRTempleofKLightShadow [LIGH:00073C32] from file: ELE_Legendary_Lite.esp

Smashing record WRTempleofKLightShadow [LIGH:00073C32] from file: ColorfulLightsNoShadows.esp

Smashing record WRFireLightShadow01 [LIGH:00077FCE] from file: ELE_Legendary_Lite.esp

Smashing record WRFireLightShadow01 [LIGH:00077FCE] from file: ColorfulLightsNoShadows.esp

Smashing record DefaultTorch01 [LIGH:00088242] from file: ELE_Legendary_Lite.esp

Smashing record DefaultTorch01 [LIGH:00088242] from file: ColorfulLightsNoShadows.esp

Smashing record DefaultTorch01HalfOmni [LIGH:0008824E] from file: ELE_Legendary_Lite.esp

Smashing record DefaultTorch01HalfOmni [LIGH:0008824E] from file: ColorfulLightsNoShadows.esp

Smashing record DefaultTorch01Desat [LIGH:00088250] from file: ELE_Legendary_Lite.esp

Smashing record DefaultTorch01Desat [LIGH:00088250] from file: ColorfulLightsNoShadows.esp

Smashing record DefaultTorch01HalfOmniDesat [LIGH:00088251] from file: ELE_Legendary_Lite.esp

Smashing record DefaultTorch01HalfOmniDesat [LIGH:00088251] from file: ColorfulLightsNoShadows.esp

Smashing record BleakFallsDraugrTorch01_HalfOmni [LIGH:000B33F2] from file: ELE_Legendary_Lite.esp

Smashing record BleakFallsDraugrTorch01_HalfOmni [LIGH:000B33F2] from file: ColorfulLightsNoShadows.esp

Smashing record DBFireLight01 [LIGH:000B345A] from file: ELE_Legendary_Lite.esp

Smashing record DBFireLight01 [LIGH:000B345A] from file: ColorfulLightsNoShadows.esp

Smashing record FalmerTorch01 [LIGH:000B9E82] from file: ELE_Legendary_Lite.esp

Smashing record FalmerTorch01 [LIGH:000B9E82] from file: ColorfulLightsNoShadows.esp

Smashing record HelgenCandleLight01 [LIGH:000BA41F] from file: ELE_Legendary_Lite.esp

Smashing record HelgenCandleLight01 [LIGH:000BA41F] from file: ColorfulLightsNoShadows.esp

Smashing record IceTorch01_Saturate [LIGH:000C8126] from file: ELE_Legendary_Lite.esp

Smashing record IceTorch01_Saturate [LIGH:000C8126] from file: ColorfulLightsNoShadows.esp

Smashing record WindhelmFireLight01 [LIGH:000CB902] from file: ELE_Legendary_Lite.esp

Smashing record WindhelmFireLight01 [LIGH:000CB902] from file: ColorfulLightsNoShadows.esp

Smashing record DefaultCandleLight01_DesatFXDark [LIGH:000D1947] from file: ELE_Legendary_Lite.esp

Smashing record DefaultCandleLight01_DesatFXDark [LIGH:000D1947] from file: ColorfulLightsNoShadows.esp

Smashing record MarkarthFireLightShad [LIGH:000DA626] from file: ELE_Legendary_Lite.esp

Smashing record MarkarthFireLightShad [LIGH:000DA626] from file: ColorfulLightsNoShadows.esp

Smashing record RannveigsTorch01 [LIGH:000E2019] from file: ELE_Legendary_Lite.esp

Smashing record RannveigsTorch01 [LIGH:000E2019] from file: ColorfulLightsNoShadows.esp

Smashing record WRCandleLightBounceAmb01Hemi [LIGH:000E2969] from file: ELE_Legendary_Lite.esp

Smashing record WRCandleLightBounceAmb01Hemi [LIGH:000E2969] from file: ColorfulLightsNoShadows.esp

A lot refer to wbImplementation.pas, line 14832, but there are a fair few different in there.

Nothing is leaping out at me in TES5Edit, but you have squashed the ITMs occurring in my case.

Log reduction is just me turning some boolean constants off. You can get more logging again by turning them back on in the const section of the script (line 40 or something)

Yeah I've been seeing that wbImplementation.pas line 14832 exception myself. Haven't figured out why yet, though.

EDIT: I think it has to do with attempting to modify stuff in the Record Header. Maybe.

Record header is protected from changes except flags. And even then some flags (that affect plugin/record structure) must be changed using special functions to work properly like SetIsPersistent, SetIsDeleted, etc. And some flags like "Compressed" should never be altered on existing records.

Record header is protected from changes except flags. And even then some flags (that affect plugin/record structure) must be changed using special functions to work properly like SetIsPersistent, SetIsDeleted, etc. And some flags like "Compressed" should never be altered on existing records.

Good to know.  So I wasn't entirely wrong in skipping the entire Record Header originally.

In that particular case, yes, the record flags would need to be merged for a complete result. Which is why CRF carries a C.RecordFlags tag.

In that particular case, yes, the record flags would need to be merged for a complete result. Which is why CRF carries a C.RecordFlags tag.

Alrighty.  I'm going to have to work out a way to conflict resolve flags properly.  I might be able to wbCopyElementToRecord() the Record Flags element without throwing an assertion failure exception.  Else I'm going to have to write a manual flag copying procedure that uses TES5Edit's built in flag setting functions and a bunch of ugly boolean logic.

Yeah, sorry Mator - when I mentioned that record flags are important to conflict management, I should have also mentioned that some flags should not be carried forward. Now that I think of it, I've had a few rare cases where the Compressed flag was set on an earlier loading override while the last-loading override did not have that flag set. So we want to avoid Mator Smash carrying that flag forward in that case.

Not knowing how xEdit deals that that data, I can only say that when viewed in raw form, it presents the flags as a series of bits. Perhaps there's some way to make a mask of some sort which only allows certain flag bits to be carried forward into the patch.

Either way, you'd need a list of which record flags are "safe" to override. Which ones? I'll have to defer to the experts, Arthmoor and Zilav, on this question.

Either way, you'd need a list of which record flags are "safe" to override. Which ones? I'll have to defer to the experts, Arthmoor and Zilav, on this question.

It depends on record type, however defining "available to patch" bit mask for each record type is possible. But what flags to patch is up to Mator to decide, experienced modders like Arthmoor and users that test smasher. I only mentioned flags that have significant internal value for xEdit itself.