[WIP] Mator Smash

Mator

EDIT 5: As expected, it is indeed because I didn't take the fact that the array is sorted into account when adding new elements in smash's internal representation of the array.  https://github.com/matortheeternal/smash/blob/master/frontend/msAlgorithm.pas#L258-L259 <-- This code will have to be altered to fix the problem.

-Mator

Awesome. Well done. 

I also didn't notice the earlier inserted relationship at first, but that makes sense now.

When dealing with sorted arrays, it is easier to store all entires into TList first, make changes there, then move all (or only modified/new ones to speed up) entries back into a record.

When dealing with sorted arrays, it is easier to store all entires into TList first, make changes there, then move all (or only modified/new ones to speed up) entries back into a record.

Well it currently doesn't do that.  I'll consider it, but what I have is very fast and works, so I'm not too concerned about it.

@Craigsummer:

I've implemented the change and the record conflict resolves correctly now.  Here's a developer's build: Smash v0.0.7.1.

Many of the remaning inconsistencies I find when inspecting a smashed patch are explained in the log with messages like this:

Master element not found!

Skipping CELL \ Ownership

Substitute a variety of different record types.

The messages always make sense. They consistently occur when the vanilla records don't specify any value for that field. 

Is that a necessary constraint?

Would it be possible, or even a good idea, to interpret missing master fields in such a way that the addition of the field can be carried forward in the patch?

Many of the remaning inconsistencies I find when inspecting a smashed patch are explained in the log with messages like this:

Master element not found!
      Skipping CELL \ Ownership

Substitute a variety of different record types.

The messages always make sense. They consistently occur when the vanilla records don't specify any value for that field. 

Is that a necessary constraint?
Would it be possible, or even a good idea, to interpret missing master fields in such a way that the addition of the field can be carried forward in the patch?

It's a known issue.  Right now when it tries to get a master element, smash only pulls from the master record.  Ideally it should pull from the winning override of the record in the files that are masters to the plugin that holds the override that is currently being smashed.  It actually shouldn't be too much code to implement, I think.

I'm seeing an odd behaivor that I expect might lead to a bug. I did my best to isolate, but it's still a little more complex than I like. I hope it helps.

The plugins, load order, logs, and mator smash setup are in the dropbox folder.

CS_Test Smash Settings:

REFR / Ownership / XOWN

CELL / XCMO

(I copied the json file into the dropbox folder.)

The problem is seen with this record:

[00] Skyrim.esm \ Cell \ Block 5 \ Sub-Block 7 \ 000165B7 <WhiterunDrunkenHuntsman>

I expect the CELL.XCMO (Music Type) override from iWil_UselessShopOverhaul to be carried forward into the smashed patch.

Instead, there is no record at all for that cell in the smashed patch. 

If I remove cutting room floor, or if I get rid of the REFR smash setting, I get the expected result.

It's not clear to me what's going wrong, but I can see from the log that smash seems to correctly recognize the XCMO change and brings it forward, but then at the end deletes the cell record as an ITM.

I'm seeing an odd behaivor that I expect might lead to a bug. I did my best to isolate, but it's still a little more complex than I like. I hope it helps.

The plugins, load order, logs, and mator smash setup are in the dropbox folder.
CS_Test Smash Settings:
REFR / Ownership / XOWN
CELL / XCMO
(I copied the json file into the dropbox folder.)

The problem is seen with this record:
 [00] Skyrim.esm \ Cell \ Block 5 \ Sub-Block 7 \ 000165B7 <WhiterunDrunkenHuntsman>

I expect the CELL.XCMO (Music Type) override from iWil_UselessShopOverhaul to be carried forward into the smashed patch.

Instead, there is no record at all for that cell in the smashed patch. 

If I remove cutting room floor, or if I get rid of the REFR smash setting, I get the expected result.

It's not clear to me what's going wrong, but I can see from the log that smash seems to correctly recognize the XCMO change and brings it forward, but then at the end deletes the cell record as an ITM.

It would appear to me that the code that is meant to recognize ITMs might not actually be doing so.  I'll look into it, thanks!

-Mator

EDIT: I forgot a not, so it was removing non-ITMs and not removing ITMs.  >_>'

Developer build for you: v.0.0.7.29

Hi all,

v0.1.1 is here.  You can get it in the OP.

Regards,

-Mator

EDIT: Also make sure you read the changelog!  Smash no longer looks for settings in the same place, so you're going to have to move your settings to a new location to use them with v0.1.1!

Do you already have a running list of which fields are not yet supported?

I expect that you do, so it's hard to know whether I should report them as I come across them.

One that keeps coming up for me is:

ARMO / BODT

BOD2 seems to be supported, but not BODT.

EDIT: By not supported, what I mean is that the BODT field doesn't show up as a child of the ARMO element in the settings window.

Do you already have a running list of which fields are not yet supported?

I expect that you do, so it's hard to know whether I should report them as I come across them.

One that keeps coming up for me is:

ARMO / BODT

BOD2 seems to be supported, but not BODT.

EDIT: By not supported, what I mean is that the BODT field doesn't show up as a child of the ARMO element in the settings window.

I don't have such a list, I wasn't aware that there were any fields that were "not supported".  This is invaluable information for me, thanks!

It seems that this is specifically associated with different versions of the record.  Some ARMO records have BODT, and some have BOD2.  When using record prototypes we always get BOD2.

EDIT: I've sent zilav a PM to see if he can tell me where in xEdit's code I could determine there are multiple ways versions of an element in a particular record.

I found an access violation error. 

I managed to isolate it to elfx and usleep. I don't know if usleep is specifically required, but I used it as a dummy so that I would have a realistic pair of plugins to merge.

Smash v0.1.1.0

Error message: "Failed to patch ELFXTest, Access violation at address 008634AF in module 'MatorSmash.exe'. Read of address 00000000"

The error is seen when this record is included in the settings [by itself for sure, or with some but not all other combinations of settings]:

REFR / Linked References / XLKR / [Either or both child nodes]

One workaround in this case is to also include:

REFR / Data / Position

With these settings, the error and the workaround were completely reproducible for me.

My original settings and load order were more complex, of course. I simplified them to find a minimum set.

I found I could produce or work around the error by including and excluding other plugins in my load order and other settings as well, but I didn't take the time to describe any other cases in detail.

Also, in other more complex setups, the above workaround didn't always work. 

Even removing the XLKR record from the settings completely didn't always work around the problem, so there may be other records with similar issues.

The simplest settings, logs and screenshots are here:

As an aside: 

I noticed that when I change my settings, or when I change the settings assigned to a plugin, the smashed patches which depend on plugins with those settings aren't marked to be rebuilt. 

Should they be?

This might be a bug report. 

It's also likely that I'm just doing it wrong or misunderstanding.

True Storms adds new sounds to Climates of Tamriel weathers.

Realistic Nights also makes changes to the same records.

I want to carry True Storms' sounds forward past Realistic Nights.

But I haven't convinced smash to do it.

I find this in the log:

Destination element not found!

Skipping WTHR \ Sounds

It's true that Realistic Nights has completely removed the sounds element.

So, it makes sense that if the settings include the changes to sounds from Realistic Nights in the right way, the smashed patch might also have no sounds.

But even if I use settings on Realistic Nights which ignore the sounds, and/or settings on True Storms which don't preserve deletions on the sounds, I see the same result.

Example record:

[06] ClimatesOfTamriel.esm \ Weather \ 06045869 <CoTFog_1_T>

WTHR / Sounds

The screenshots and settings are here:

Access violation:
Sounds like an issue I need to look into.  I'll poke around for the next version, with the amount of information you provide with your reports it should be easy to figure it out and fix it!

Changing setting not marking patch as needing to be rebuilt:
It should mark it as needing to be rebuilt!  Thanks! :D

Sounds Element Deleted

Try disabling Preserve Deletions on the WTHR record in the Smash Setting you're applying to Realistic Nights.  If that doesn't work then it's a bug and I'll have to look into it.

I confirmed that none of my tests have had 'preserve deletions' enabled on the WTHR record itself.

Alright, another issue to tackle then!

So I was poking around the new standalone version linked in the OP. I must be missing something terribly obvious, but I can't see how to make it actually do something. :P

I may simply not have it installed properly, but I didn't find any indication of where it should go. It saw all my plugin files but that's about as far as I can find to do something.

I am completely befuddled.

I am getting this error message about "Failed to patch NewPatch, Floating point division by zero", which I don't even comprehend.

I have tried everything to make your standalones work, and I refuse to accept they're buggy to the point of uselessness (we all know you've got the skills!), but I have wasted a month trying to use the tools, and I'd like to play Skyrim before TES 10 comes out!

I have watched the tutorial, but I have a terrible time with video tutorials and maybe you just got too deep for me, but I really want to use this tool. Is there ANY way you could point me to some wall of text you wrote so I can use Smash (and Merge now that I think about it...)?

Also I was curious (I'm sure you answered this question, but indulge an old man) if I'm just better off with your xedit Smash script. I read where you wrote that you were focusing on the standalones. 

I am grateful for any advice you can give. Thank you.

So I was poking around the new standalone version linked in the OP. I must be missing something terribly obvious, but I can't see how to make it actually do something. :P

I may simply not have it installed properly, but I didn't find any indication of where it should go. It saw all my plugin files but that's about as far as I can find to do something.

There is a video tutorial, but it is a bit long.  For you Arthmoor:

The latest version of Mator Smash does not come pre-packaged with any smash settings, so you have to make your own.  Or you can download some here (extract into the same folder as MatorSmash.exe).

Making an Automatic Setting

1. Click the Manage Smash Settings button (It's the button with a screw driver and a wrench).
  2. Right click in the Smash Settings list and choose "New Setting"
  3. Select the Setting, enter "Automatic" for the name, choose a color for it, and give it a description "Just for testing."  (You can obviously do whatever you want for these)
  4. Right click on the Records node in the Tree and choose "Build from plugins".
  5. Right click on the plugins list and choose "Select all", click on the list because the OK button doesn't enable (bug), then click OK.
  6. Wait a moment, it shouldn't take more than a few seconds.  You should then see a checkbox appear by the Records node in the tree.
  7. Expand the records node with the little arrow to the left of it.  You'll see nodes for every type of record smash could find overrides of in the plugins you selected to build the setting from.  Right click on the Records node and choose "Autoset attributes".  (Click yes to the dialog) Wait a little bit... then click Save.  (And click yes to the prune dialog)
  8. You now have a new automatic setting, which will not perform perfect conflict resolution, it's only a programmatic guess of how to conflict resolve your records.  The automatic setting is not the best that Smash is capable of, you can tweak what element are processed and apply different logic to every element in every record beyond what this automatic setting does.

Creating and building a new Smashed Patch

1. Select the plugins in the the plugins list that you want to patch using Shift+Click and Ctrl+Click.
  2. Right-click one of the selected plugins and choose Smash Setting -> Automatic (or whatever smash setting you want to use for the selected plugins).  The plugins should change to the color of your smash setting, and you should see the name of the smash setting in the setting column.
  3. Right-click again, and choose Add to patch -> New Patch.  Specify a name and a filename (e.g. TestSmash and TestSmash.esp).  You should see the patch name appear in the patch column.
  4. Switch to the Patches tab.  You can now see you have a smashed patch called "TestSmash".  If the color of the patch is not green you probably have an issue in your settings (most likely the patch desination directory).  You can see what the issue is by clicking the Smashed patch and reading the "Status" value from the Patch Details.
  5. Once your patch has the "Ready to be built" status, click on the hammer icon.
  6. Smash will now build the patch.  You can click show details to view a log while it goes.
  7. The patch will be created in a sub-folder named after your Smashed Patch in the Patch Destination Directory.

The video tutorial has more info, but I'm still happy to answer questions.

I am completely befuddled.

I am getting this error message about "Failed to patch NewPatch, Floating point division by zero", which I don't even comprehend.

I have tried everything to make your standalones work, and I refuse to accept they're buggy to the point of uselessness (we all know you've got the skills!), but I have wasted a month trying to use the tools, and I'd like to play Skyrim before TES 10 comes out!

I have watched the tutorial, but I have a terrible time with video tutorials and maybe you just got too deep for me, but I really want to use this tool. Is there ANY way you could point me to some wall of text you wrote so I can use Smash (and Merge now that I think about it...)?

Also I was curious (I'm sure you answered this question, but indulge an old man) if I'm just better off with your xedit Smash script. I read where you wrote that you were focusing on the standalones. 

I am grateful for any advice you can give. Thank you.

The xEdit smash script is not worth using at all - don't use that!

Division by zero will only occur if you have a smashed patch with 1 or fewer plugins in it (nothing to patch).  Go to the patches tab and Look for any patch with a size of 1 or 0, and delete them (right-click -> Delete patch).  The bug will be fixed in the next version.  (v0.1.2).

Regards,

-Mator

Thank you so much, I can barely contain my excitement. It did make me feel better to see Arthmoor was having trouble- definitely a name I've seen around the Nexus.

Anyway, thank you very much- I'm going to take you up on the offer to answer questions: do I merge plugins before smashing them, or vice versa?

You're a gentleman and a scholar. 

Thank you so much, I can barely contain my excitement. It did make me feel better to see Arthmoor was having trouble- definitely a name I've seen around the Nexus.

Anyway, thank you very much- I'm going to take you up on the offer to answer questions: do I merge plugins before smashing them, or vice versa?

You're a gentleman and a scholar. 

Make a smashed patch for the plugins you're going to merge, then include that smashed patch in the merge.

Smash everything after all merges have been complete, leaving a patch at the end of your load order like a bashed patch.

Progress at least... thanks for the explanation. It failed to build though, with the following log:

Building patch: SmashPatch

Patch is using plugin: SmashPatch.esp
Adding masters...
Done adding masters

Processing files
Processing Skyrim.esm
Processing Update.esm
Processing Dawnguard.esm
Processing HearthFires.esm
Processing Dragonborn.esm
Processing Unofficial Skyrim Legendary Edition Patch.esp
Processing Wyrmstooth.esp
Processing Cutting Room Floor.esp
Processing Bring Out Your Dead - Legendary Edition.esp
Processing Provincial Courier Service.esp
Processing Open Cities Skyrim.esp
Processing Alternate Start - Live Another Life.esp

Smashing records
  [1] Copying record Tamriel "Skyrim" [WRLD:0000003C]
    Smashing override from: Dawnguard.esm, master: Update.esm
        rcore: Failed to copy WRLD \ MNAM - Map Data, Assertion failure (E:\dev\git\smash\lib\xedit\wbImplementation.pas, line 3667)
    Smashing override from: HearthFires.esm, master: Skyrim.esm
        rcore: Failed to copy WRLD \ MNAM - Map Data, Assertion failure (E:\dev\git\smash\lib\xedit\wbImplementation.pas, line 3667)
    Smashing override from: Dragonborn.esm, master: Update.esm
    Smashing override from: Unofficial Skyrim Legendary Edition Patch.esp, master: Dragonborn.esm
    Smashing override from: Cutting Room Floor.esp, master: Unofficial Skyrim Legendary Edition Patch.esp
    Smashing override from: Bring Out Your Dead - Legendary Edition.esp, master: Unofficial Skyrim Legendary Edition Patch.esp
    Smashing override from: Open Cities Skyrim.esp, master: HearthFires.esm
    Smashing override from: Alternate Start - Live Another Life.esp, master: Dragonborn.esm
  [2] Copying record HelpManualPC [FLST:00000163]
    Smashing override from: Update.esm, master: Skyrim.esm
    Smashing override from: Unofficial Skyrim Legendary Edition Patch.esp, master: Dawnguard.esm
  [3] Copying record HelpManualXBox [FLST:00000165]
    Smashing override from: Unofficial Skyrim Legendary Edition Patch.esp, master: Dawnguard.esm
  [4] Copying record WhiterunExterior01 [CELL:0000961B] (in Tamriel "Skyrim" [WRLD:0000003C] at 4,-3)
    Smashing override from: Cutting Room Floor.esp, master: Unofficial Skyrim Legendary Edition Patch.esp
    Smashing override from: Open Cities Skyrim.esp, master: Update.esm
  [5] Copying record DragonBodyPartData [BPTD:00013492]
    Smashing override from: Unofficial Skyrim Legendary Edition Patch.esp, master: Dragonborn.esm
  [6] Copying record WindhelmWorld "Windhelm" [WRLD:0001691D]
  [7] Copying record TG06 "Hard Answers" [QUST:00021552]
    Smashing override from: Unofficial Skyrim Legendary Edition Patch.esp, master: Update.esm
  [8] Copying record MG07StaffEnchantment "Staff of Magnus Effect" [ENCH:000239A0]
    Smashing override from: Unofficial Skyrim Legendary Edition Patch.esp, master: Update.esm
  [9] Copying record [INFO:0002C255] ('Thank the gods. I'll get to work on the Phial straight away.' in GRUP Topic Children of MS12QuintusRepairingPhialBranchTopic "I have the materials you requested." [DIAL:0002C24C])
  [10] Copying record [CELL:00038381] (in WindhelmWorld "Windhelm" [WRLD:0001691D] at 32,9)
  [11] Copying record [INFO:000423B6] ('I apologize in advance for my husband's crankiness; I promise you he means well.' in GRUP Topic Children of DialogueRiftenHellos [DIAL:00040760])
  [12] Copying record [INFO:0004BC9D] ('You're a High Elf! Oh... I never would have guessed it. So many of your recipes are clearly aimed at the common folk. It just seems...' in GRUP Topic Children of DB09GiannaRaceHighElfTopic [DIAL:0004BC89])
  [13] Copying record [INFO:0004BCA1] ('Well, I'm just surprised the Gourmet is a Redguard. I had you pegged for a Wood Elf, honestly. You know, because of your use of...' in GRUP Topic Children of DB09GiannaRaceRedguardTopic [DIAL:0004BC8D])
  [14] Copying record [INFO:0004BCA7] ('I guessed right! I always imagined the great Gourmet was a Wood Elf. You see, only someone with a knowledge of woodland herbs could combine...' in GRUP Topic Children of DB09GiannaRaceWoodElfTopic [DIAL:0004BC88])
  [15] Copying record [INFO:0004BCAB] ('Well, I don't mean to seem disappointed, but... I just never figured the Gourmet was an Imperial. I had dreamed of something more exotic, maybe...' in GRUP Topic Children of DB09GiannaRaceImperialTopic [DIAL:0004BC8E])
  [16] Copying record [INFO:0004BCAE] ('You... you're an Argonian! Where did you learn to cook like that? Surely not in Black Marsh. Why even the...' in GRUP Topic Children of DB09GiannaRaceArgonianTopic [DIAL:0004BC86])
  [17] Copying record [INFO:0004BCB8] ('Hmm. You're a Nord! I never would have guessed it! But where in the world did you learn to cook like that? Here in Skyrim? Or maybe somewhere less...' in GRUP Topic Children of DB09GiannaRaceNordTopic [DIAL:0004BC8C])
  [18] Copying record [INFO:0004BCBD] ('Well, I just never expected the Gourmet to be a Breton. It almost seems too obvious. Some of the greatest cooks have been Bretons, and...' in GRUP Topic Children of DB09GiannaRaceBretonTopic [DIAL:0004BC8B])
  [19] Copying record [INFO:0004BCBE] ('I... Well, I just can't believe the Gourmet is a Dark Elf. How difficult it must have been for you in Morrowind. The food there is...' in GRUP Topic Children of DB09GiannaRaceDarkElfTopic [DIAL:0004BC87])
  [20] Copying record [INFO:0004BCC1] ('It's just... Well... you're an Orc! Ha ha ha! If the people of the Empire only knew! I mean, now I understand your need for secrecy. Most would...' in GRUP Topic Children of DB09GiannaRaceOrcTopic [DIAL:0004BC8A])
  [21] Copying record ArmorFAlmerHelmet "Falmer Helmet" [ARMO:0004C3CB]
  [22] Copying record DA09 "The Break of Dawn" [QUST:0004E4E1]
  [23] Copying record Vald "Vald" [NPC_:00072B04]
  [24] Copying record [INFO:0008BBDD] ('Constance don't care much for strangers in the orphanage. Afraid someone might hurt one of us kids. Which, I gotta admit, is kind of nice.' in GRUP Topic Children of DialogueRiftenHellos [DIAL:00040760])
  [25] Copying record dunRannveigStaffEnchSummonGhost "Summon Ghost" [ENCH:000A88CA]
    Smashing override from: Cutting Room Floor.esp, master: Update.esm
  [26] Copying record [INFO:000AC951] (in GRUP Topic Children of PerkInvestorBranch1Topic1 "I'd like to make an investment in your business." [DIAL:000ABD89])
  [27] Copying record [INFO:000AC952] (in GRUP Topic Children of PerkInvestorBranch1Topic1 "I'd like to make an investment in your business." [DIAL:000ABD89])
  [28] Copying record [INFO:000AC95C] (in GRUP Topic Children of PerkInvestorReply2 "Let's see what you can do with this. (<Global=InvestAmount> gold)" [DIAL:000ABD87])
  [29] Copying record PlayerUnderforgeAccessPerk [PERK:000AEC05]
  [30] Copying record MS11PreEssentializing [QUST:000AF269]
  [31] Copying record ArmorFalmerCuirass "Falmer Armor" [ARMO:000B83CB]
  [32] Copying record ArmorFalmerBoots "Falmer Boots" [ARMO:000B83CD]
  [33] Copying record ArmorFalmerGauntlets "Falmer Bracers" [ARMO:000B83CF]
  [34] Copying record [INFO:000C9F15] ('Oh, well, it's just... I never imagined the Gourmet was a Khajiit. You know, because of all the fur, and the potential for getting hair in the...' in GRUP Topic Children of DB09GiannaRaceKhajiitTopic [DIAL:000C9F14])
  [35] Copying record DialogueSkyHavenTemple [QUST:000E38C7]
  [36] Copying record VampireSunDamage04 "Weakness to Sunlight" [SPEL:000ED09C]
  [37] Copying record WindhelmDocksExterior01 [CELL:0000B4B9] (in Tamriel "Skyrim" [WRLD:0000003C] at 34,8)
    Smashing override from: Dragonborn.esm, master: Skyrim.esm
    Smashing override from: Open Cities Skyrim.esp, master: Dawnguard.esm
  [39] Copying record DA03 "A Daedra's Best Friend" [QUST:0001BFC4]
    Smashing override from: Dawnguard.esm, master: Skyrim.esm
  [40] Copying record Fireball "Fireball" [SPEL:0001C789]
  [41] Copying record EncVampire06BossNordM [NPC_:0002EAC1]
  [42] Copying record EncVampire00Template "Vampire Fledgling" [NPC_:00032FE7]
  [43] Copying record EncVampire01Template "Vampire" [NPC_:00032FE8]
  [44] Copying record EncVampire02Template "Blooded Vampire" [NPC_:0003384E]
  [45] Copying record EncVampire03Template "Vampire Mistwalker" [NPC_:0003384F]
  [46] Copying record EncVampire04Template "Vampire Nightstalker" [NPC_:00033850]
  [47] Copying record EncVampire05Template "Ancient Vampire" [NPC_:00033851]
  [48] Copying record EncVampire06Template "Volkihar Vampire" [NPC_:00033852]
  [49] Copying record EncVampire05BretonF [NPC_:00033883]
  [50] Copying record Warmaster "Warmaster" [PERK:0003AFA7]
  [51] Copying record AbandonedShackInteriorDoorRef [REFR:00050F28] (places WRShackDoor01 "Door" [DOOR:00024E26] in GRUP Cell Persistent Children of AbandonedShackInterior "Abandoned Shack" [CELL:00050F1E])
  [52] Copying record dunMovarthVampireBoss [NPC_:0008BB91]
  [53] Copying record [INFO:000F3921] (in GRUP Topic Children of DecorateWhiterunAlchemy "Alchemy laboratory. (<Global=HDWhiterunAlchemy> gold)" [DIAL:000F391F])
    Smashing override from: Unofficial Skyrim Legendary Edition Patch.esp, master: HearthFires.esm
  [54] Copying record [ACHR:001059EA] (places LvlAmbientCreaturesSnow [NPC_:000EC96A] in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of [CELL:00008FD1] (in Tamriel "Skyrim" [WRLD:0000003C] at 2,16))
  [55] Copying record LItemEnchVampireRobes [LVLI:00106D0D]
  [56] Copying record AbVampire04b "Weakness to Fire" [SPEL:0010F1E8]
  [57] Copying record AbVampire03b "Weakness to Fire" [SPEL:0010F1E9]
  [58] Copying record AbVampire02b "Weakness to Fire" [SPEL:0010F1EA]
  [59] Copying record AbVampire01b "Weakness to Fire" [SPEL:0010F1EB]
  [60] Copying record StonehillsExterior01 [CELL:000093B6] (in Tamriel "Skyrim" [WRLD:0000003C] at -2,15)
  [61] Copying record [CELL:00009636] (in Tamriel "Skyrim" [WRLD:0000003C] at 8,-4)
    Smashing override from: Unofficial Skyrim Legendary Edition Patch.esp, master: HearthFires.esm
    Smashing override from: Provincial Courier Service.esp, master: Skyrim.esm
  [62] Copying record [REFR:000166A9] (places WRShackDoor01 "Door" [DOOR:00024E26] in GRUP Cell Persistent Children of WhiterunBreezehome "Breezehome" [CELL:000165A8])
    Smashing override from: Open Cities Skyrim.esp, master: HearthFires.esm
  [63] Copying record RelationshipMarriageFIN [QUST:00021382]
  [64] Copying record DialogueMorthal [QUST:0002E0EE]
  [65] Copying record [REFR:000479D8] (places TreeThicket01 [TREE:000A7329] in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of BYOHHouse1Exterior02 [CELL:00009BD6] (in Tamriel "Skyrim" [WRLD:0000003C] at -3,-17))
  [66] Copying record [REFR:000479D9] (places TreeThicket01 [TREE:000A7329] in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of BYOHHouse1Exterior02 [CELL:00009BD6] (in Tamriel "Skyrim" [WRLD:0000003C] at -3,-17))
  [67] Copying record [INFO:000479F5] ('It's a wonderful house, my love. If you don't mind, I'm going to start a small store. Something to do whenever you're on the road.' in GRUP Topic Children of [DIAL:0002137B])
  [68] Copying record [INFO:0006541A] ('I had a dream that there was a good dragon. He was old and gray, but he wasn't scary.' in GRUP Topic Children of [DIAL:00038731])
    Smashing override from: Alternate Start - Live Another Life.esp, master: HearthFires.esm
  [69] Copying record [ACHR:00078E38] (places LvlAnimalMarshPredator [NPC_:000422B7] in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of BYOHHouse2Exterior02 [CELL:00009291] (in Tamriel "Skyrim" [WRLD:0000003C] at -6,24))
  [70] Copying record [INFO:00094D80] ('There's a new museum opening up in Dawnstar. The owner is asking me to hand out invitations to travelers.' in GRUP Topic Children of WICourierDeliveries "(Invisible Continues Linked to Self)" [DIAL:00039F6C])
  [71] Copying record [REFR:000C2B29] (places TreeThicket01 [TREE:000A7329] in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of BYOHHouse3Exterior [CELL:000090C4] (in Tamriel "Skyrim" [WRLD:0000003C] at 7,8))
  [72] Copying record [INFO:000C9DA2] (in GRUP Topic Children of DecorateRiftenEnchantingTopic "Enchanting laboratory. (<Global=HDRiftenEnchanting> gold)" [DIAL:000C9D9A])
  [73] Copying record [INFO:000CCD5A] ('You have quite a house. I'm thinking of setting up a small store here. Sell odds and ends.' in GRUP Topic Children of [DIAL:0002137B])
  [74] Copying record [INFO:000CCD5B] ('Strange house, but strong. Solid. I think I'll open a store. A task to tend to whenever you're away.' in GRUP Topic Children of [DIAL:0002137B])
  [75] Copying record [INFO:000CCD5C] ('This house of yours is wondrous, at least to these eyes. I've thought about starting a store. Something to do here when you're out.' in GRUP Topic Children of [DIAL:0002137B])
  [76] Copying record [INFO:000CCD5D] ('This house is huge. I'll be tripping my feet all over this place. Hey, I think I'll start a little business here. Something to do, you know?' in GRUP Topic Children of [DIAL:0002137B])
  [77] Copying record [INFO:000CCD5E] ('I've seen bigger houses, but it's yours, so I like it. Now, I think I need something to do if you're ever away, so I'll be opening a store.' in GRUP Topic Children of [DIAL:0002137B])
  [78] Copying record [INFO:000CCD5F] ('A good house. You chose well. I don't like sitting still, so I've decided to open a store. Buy and sell whatever is needed.' in GRUP Topic Children of [DIAL:0002137B])
  [79] Copying record [REFR:000D571F] (places MS11InnocuousAmulet "Strange Amulet" [ARMO:000D2328] in GRUP Cell Persistent Children of WindhelmHjerim "Hjerim" [CELL:00016778])
  [80] Copying record [REFR:000D8ADA] (places HayScatter01 [STAT:00019B15] in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of SolitudeProudspireManor "Proudspire Manor" [CELL:00016A06])
  [81] Copying record [ACHR:000DC565] (places LvlAnimalPlainsPredator [NPC_:0001E7A1] in GRUP Cell Persistent Children of [CELL:00000D74] (in Tamriel "Skyrim" [WRLD:0000003C]) at 8,8)
  [82] Copying record [ACHR:000DC566] (places LvlAnimalPlainsPredator [NPC_:0001E7A1] in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of [CELL:000090C3] (in Tamriel "Skyrim" [WRLD:0000003C] at 8,8))
  [83] Copying record [INFO:000DE50E] ('Yes, Thane. What is it?' in GRUP Topic Children of DialogueFollowerFavorStateTopic "I need you to do something." [DIAL:00026E0E])
  [84] Copying record [INFO:000E24D9] (in GRUP Topic Children of DecorateSolitudeChildBedroom "Children's bedroom. (<Global=HDSolitudeChildRoom> gold)" [DIAL:03003D4B])
  [85] Copying record [REFR:000E368D] (places TreeThicket01 [TREE:000A7329] in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of BYOHHouse2Exterior [CELL:000092B2] (in Tamriel "Skyrim" [WRLD:0000003C] at -6,23))
  [86] Copying record [REFR:000E368F] (places TreeThicket01 [TREE:000A7329] in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of BYOHHouse2Exterior [CELL:000092B2] (in Tamriel "Skyrim" [WRLD:0000003C] at -6,23))
  [87] Copying record [ACHR:000EC186] (places LvlAnimalForestPredator [NPC_:0001E7A0] in GRUP Cell Persistent Children of [CELL:00000D74] (in Tamriel "Skyrim" [WRLD:0000003C]) at -3,-17)
  [88] Copying record HouseDecorateWhiterun "Whiterun Home Decorating Guide" [BOOK:000F11B6]
  [89] Copying record HouseDecorateRiften "Riften Home Decorating Guide" [BOOK:000F11B7]
  [90] Copying record HouseDecorateMarkarth "Markarth Home Decorating Guide" [BOOK:000F1445]
  [91] Copying record HouseDecorateWindhelm "Windhelm Home Decorating Guide" [BOOK:000F1446]
  [92] Copying record HouseDecorateSolitude "Solitude Home Decorating Guide" [BOOK:000F1447]
  [93] Copying record [ACHR:000FA2E1] (places LvlAnimalForestPredator [NPC_:0001E7A0] in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of BYOHHouse1Exterior02 [CELL:00009BD6] (in Tamriel "Skyrim" [WRLD:0000003C] at -3,-17))
  [94] Copying record [ACHR:000FA2E2] (places LvlAnimalForestPredator [NPC_:0001E7A0] in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of BYOHHouse1Exterior02 [CELL:00009BD6] (in Tamriel "Skyrim" [WRLD:0000003C] at -3,-17))
  [95] Copying record [REFR:00102BDE] (places NobleTableRound01 [STAT:000C29DE] in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of RiftenHoneyside "Honeyside" [CELL:00016BDD])
  [96] Copying record [REFR:00102BE5] (places NobleTableRound01 [STAT:000C29DE] in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of RiftenHoneyside "Honeyside" [CELL:00016BDD])
  [97] Copying record [REFR:00102C18] (places WeaponRackPlaqueACTIVATORPlayerHouse "Weapon Plaque" [ACTI:000DB2A2] in GRUP Cell Persistent Children of RiftenHoneyside "Honeyside" [CELL:00016BDD])
  [98] Copying record [REFR:00102C1B] (places WeaponRackPlaqueACTIVATORPlayerHouse "Weapon Plaque" [ACTI:000DB2A2] in GRUP Cell Persistent Children of RiftenHoneyside "Honeyside" [CELL:00016BDD])
  [99] Copying record [REFR:00102C1E] (places WeaponRackPlaqueACTIVATORPlayerHouse "Weapon Plaque" [ACTI:000DB2A2] in GRUP Cell Persistent Children of RiftenHoneyside "Honeyside" [CELL:00016BDD])
  [100] Copying record [REFR:00102C25] (places WeaponRackMidACTIVATORPlayerHouse "Weapon Rack" [ACTI:0006A4A4] in GRUP Cell Persistent Children of RiftenHoneyside "Honeyside" [CELL:00016BDD])
  [101] Copying record [REFR:00102C26] (places WeaponRackMidACTIVATORPlayerHouse "Weapon Rack" [ACTI:0006A4A4] in GRUP Cell Persistent Children of RiftenHoneyside "Honeyside" [CELL:00016BDD])
  [102] Copying record [REFR:00102C27] (places WeaponRackMidACTIVATORPlayerHouse "Weapon Rack" [ACTI:0006A4A4] in GRUP Cell Persistent Children of RiftenHoneyside "Honeyside" [CELL:00016BDD])
  [103] Copying record [REFR:00102C28] (places WeaponRackMidACTIVATORPlayerHouse "Weapon Rack" [ACTI:0006A4A4] in GRUP Cell Persistent Children of RiftenHoneyside "Honeyside" [CELL:00016BDD])
  [104] Copying record WICastMagic04 "Shout - learn about word wall" [QUST:00023EE4]
  [105] Copying record DeepWounds30 "Deep Wounds" [PERK:0003AF83]
  [106] Copying record Bladesman30 "Bladesman" [PERK:0005F56F]
  [107] Copying record [INFO:0007A50B] ('If that's what you want. Come find me at the College if you change your mind.' in GRUP Topic Children of DialogueFollowerDismissTopic "It's time for us to part ways." [DIAL:0005C80C])
  [108] Copying record Bladesman60 "Bladesman" [PERK:000C1E90]
  [109] Copying record Bladesman90 "Bladesman" [PERK:000C1E91]
  [110] Copying record DeepWounds60 "Deep Wounds" [PERK:000C1E94]
  [111] Copying record DeepWounds90 "Deep Wounds" [PERK:000C1E95]
  [112] Copying record [INFO:000D3DE6] ('Skyrim belongs to the Nords!' in GRUP Topic Children of [DIAL:00046648])
  [113] Copying record SolitudeRedWaveExterior [CELL:000092DE] (in Tamriel "Skyrim" [WRLD:0000003C] at -17,22)
    Smashing override from: Wyrmstooth.esp, master: Skyrim.esm
  [114] Copying record CRFFrostRiverFarmEast [CELL:00009366] (in Tamriel "Skyrim" [WRLD:0000003C] at -21,18)
  [115] Copying record CRFIrontreeMill [CELL:00009389] (in Tamriel "Skyrim" [WRLD:0000003C] at -23,17)
  [116] Copying record StonehillsExterior02 [CELL:00009395] (in Tamriel "Skyrim" [WRLD:0000003C] at -2,16)
  [117] Copying record WhiterunExterior04 [CELL:000095FC] (in Tamriel "Skyrim" [WRLD:0000003C] at 4,-2)
    Smashing override from: Open Cities Skyrim.esp, master: Skyrim.esm
  [118] Copying record ChillfurrowFarmExterior [CELL:00009618] (in Tamriel "Skyrim" [WRLD:0000003C] at 7,-3)
  [119] Copying record RiftenCityNorthGateExterior [CELL:0000BCAF] (in Tamriel "Skyrim" [WRLD:0000003C] at 42,-23)
  [120] Copying record RiftenCitySoutheastOCS [CELL:0000BCF0] (in Tamriel "Skyrim" [WRLD:0000003C] at 43,-25)
    Smashing override from: Unofficial Skyrim Legendary Edition Patch.esp, master: Skyrim.esm
  [121] Copying record Hadring "Hadring" [NPC_:00013627]
    Smashing override from: Unofficial Skyrim Legendary Edition Patch.esp, master: Skyrim.esm
  [122] Copying record [REFR:0001A700] (places WRDragonDoor01 "Door" [DOOR:000252C7] in GRUP Cell Persistent Children of [CELL:0001A270] (in WhiterunWorld "Whiterun" [WRLD:0001A26F]) at 5,-1)
  [123] Copying record [INFO:0002129C] ('Mind you don't cross Tasius. He's in charge around here.' in GRUP Topic Children of [DIAL:0002124F])
  [124] Copying record [INFO:0002180F] ('Just my luck, stuck in the sticks with this crazy old woman.' in GRUP Topic Children of [DIAL:0002124E])
  [125] Copying record [INFO:00021811] ('I grew up hearing songs about Eyldi the Bear! She wrestled a storm out of the sky!' in GRUP Topic Children of [DIAL:0002124E])
  [126] Copying record [INFO:000263D7] ('Thank you for bringing this to my attention.' in GRUP Topic Children of MG02SavosFollowUp [DIAL:000263D3])
  [127] Copying record MGR01 "Tolfdir the Absent-Minded" [QUST:000266F1]
  [128] Copying record MGR01Book1 "Tolfdir's Book" [BOOK:00026700]
  [129] Copying record WhiterunSonsGuardPatrolDay1 [ACHR:00037054] (places GuardWhiterunSonsPatrolDay1 [NPC_:000D3BCF] in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of WhiterunExterior11 [CELL:000095BC] (in Tamriel "Skyrim" [WRLD:0000003C] at 6,0))
  [130] Copying record WhiterunSonsGuardPatrolNight2 [ACHR:0003705F] (places GuardWhiterunSonsPatrolNight1 [NPC_:000D3BD1] in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of WhiterunExterior11 [CELL:000095BC] (in Tamriel "Skyrim" [WRLD:0000003C] at 6,0))
  [131] Copying record WhiterunSonsGuardPatrolDay2 [ACHR:00037060] (places GuardWhiterunSonsPatrolDay1 [NPC_:000D3BCF] in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of WhiterunExterior11 [CELL:000095BC] (in Tamriel "Skyrim" [WRLD:0000003C] at 6,0))
  [132] Copying record WhiterunSonsGuardPatrolDay3 [ACHR:00037076] (places GuardWhiterunSonsPatrolDay2 [NPC_:000D3BD0] in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of WhiterunExterior12 [CELL:000095BB] (in Tamriel "Skyrim" [WRLD:0000003C] at 7,0))
  [133] Copying record WICourierDeliverToPlayer [PACK:00039FC0]
  [134] Copying record [REFR:00042260] (places OCSRTLandR01 [STAT:5E042257] in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of RiftenCitySouthGateExterior [CELL:0000BCF1] (in Tamriel "Skyrim" [WRLD:0000003C] at 42,-25))
  [135] Copying record [REFR:00057C5C] (places CandleHornTable01 [STAT:0001F24A] in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of AbandonedPrison01 "Abandoned Prison" [CELL:00021594])
    Smashing override from: Alternate Start - Live Another Life.esp, master: Skyrim.esm
  [136] Copying record [INFO:00068526] ('Lo ... Sah!' in GRUP Topic Children of Shout03 "PushRoDa" [DIAL:00013DFE])
    Smashing override from: Wyrmstooth.esp, master: Skyrim.esm
  [137] Copying record FavorRunilJournal "Runil's Journal" [BOOK:000705C3]
  [138] Copying record ValdRef [ACHR:00072B09] (places Vald "Vald" [NPC_:00072B04] in GRUP Cell Persistent Children of [CELL:00000D74] (in Tamriel "Skyrim" [WRLD:0000003C]) at 43,-24)
  [139] Copying record ARTHBOYDBelrandUrn [REFR:000861B7] (places SBurialUrn01 "Burial Urn" [CONT:0008617F] in GRUP Cell Persistent Children of SolitudeHalloftheDeadCatacombs "Solitude Catacombs" [CELL:000DD216])
    Smashing override from: Bring Out Your Dead - Legendary Edition.esp, master: Unofficial Skyrim Legendary Edition Patch.esp
  [140] Copying record CRFTalibBurialUrn [REFR:000863A1] (places SBurialUrn01 "Burial Urn" [CONT:0008617F] in GRUP Cell Persistent Children of SolitudeHalloftheDeadCatacombs "Solitude Catacombs" [CELL:000DD216])
  [141] Copying record [REFR:000B7421] (places TreeThicket01 [TREE:000A7329] in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of CRFBarleydarkFarmWest [CELL:00009A91] (in Tamriel "Skyrim" [WRLD:0000003C] at -8,-7))
  [142] Copying record [REFR:000B7422] (places TreeThicket01 [TREE:000A7329] in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of CRFBarleydarkFarmWest [CELL:00009A91] (in Tamriel "Skyrim" [WRLD:0000003C] at -8,-7))
  [143] Copying record [REFR:000B7423] (places TreeThicket01 [TREE:000A7329] in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of CRFBarleydarkFarmWest [CELL:00009A91] (in Tamriel "Skyrim" [WRLD:0000003C] at -8,-7))
  [144] Copying record C04JorrvaskrAttackedDeadSilverHand1 [ACHR:000B8D42] (places TreasCorpseSilverHandNordMale "Silver Hand Warrior" [NPC_:000B8669] in GRUP Cell Persistent Children of [CELL:00000D74] (in Tamriel "Skyrim" [WRLD:0000003C]) at 6,-1)
  [145] Copying record C04JorrvaskrAttackedDeadSilverHand2 [ACHR:000B8DB6] (places TreasCorpseSilverHandNordMale "Silver Hand Warrior" [NPC_:000B8669] in GRUP Cell Persistent Children of [CELL:00000D74] (in Tamriel "Skyrim" [WRLD:0000003C]) at 6,-2)
  [146] Copying record [ACHR:000B8E97] (places TreasCorpseSilverHandNordFemale "Silver Hand Warrior" [NPC_:000B866A] in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of WhiterunExterior06 [CELL:000095FA] (in Tamriel "Skyrim" [WRLD:0000003C] at 6,-2))
  [147] Copying record [REFR:000C8E46] (places TreeFloraWheat01 "Wheat" [TREE:000BB953] in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of ChillfurrowFarmExterior [CELL:00009618] (in Tamriel "Skyrim" [WRLD:0000003C] at 7,-3))
  [148] Copying record [REFR:000D3B15] (places TreePineShrub01Snow [TREE:0009DAA2] in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of NightgateInnExterior03 [CELL:0000905C] (in Tamriel "Skyrim" [WRLD:0000003C] at 18,11))
  [149] Copying record [REFR:000D3B18] (places TreePineShrub02Snow [TREE:0009DAA1] in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of NightgateInnExterior02 [CELL:0000907C] (in Tamriel "Skyrim" [WRLD:0000003C] at 17,10))
  [150] Copying record [REFR:000D3B19] (places TreePineShrub01Snow [TREE:0009DAA2] in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of NightgateInnExterior02 [CELL:0000907C] (in Tamriel "Skyrim" [WRLD:0000003C] at 17,10))
  [151] Copying record [REFR:000D3B27] (places TreeDeadShrubSnow [TREE:000A731D] in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of NightgateInnExterior01 [CELL:0000905D] (in Tamriel "Skyrim" [WRLD:0000003C] at 17,11))
  [152] Copying record MQ103RiverwoodGuard1HoldPosition [PACK:000D5324]
  [153] Copying record MQ103RiverwoodGuard2HoldPosition [PACK:000D5326]
  [154] Copying record [REFR:000D9A40] (places TreeThicket01 [TREE:000A7329] in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of [CELL:00009636] (in Tamriel "Skyrim" [WRLD:0000003C] at 8,-4))
  [155] Copying record Fultheim "Fultheim" [NPC_:000DA68A]
  [156] Copying record dunRagnvaldBook01 "The Secrets of Ragnvald" [BOOK:000DB0C7]
  [157] Copying record ARTHBOYDBorkulCoffin [REFR:000DEF5B] (places MarkarthCoffin01container "Coffin" [CONT:000F6891] in GRUP Cell Persistent Children of MarkarthHalloftheDead "Hall of the Dead" [CELL:00023FD4])
      Exception copying record [REFR:000DEF5B] (places MarkarthCoffin02container "Coffin" [CONT:000F6892] in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of MarkarthHalloftheDead "Hall of the Dead" [CELL:00023FD4]) : FormID [2F002353] references a master which is not available in file [68] SmashPatch.esp
Failed to patch SmashPatch, Access violation at address 0086285D in module 'MatorSmash.exe'. Read of address 00000000

All done!

Obviously no patch file was created, and I can't see why it's complaining about record 000DEF5B like that since Bring Out Your Dead obviously doesn't have master file problems or it wouldn't work in the game.

So that will take care of the phenomenon I'm having of the merged mods being listed as the masters of the said merge (sorry if I'm off-topic)? 

I'll get to smashing. Thanks once more.

Arthmoor: Having trouble quoting your post.  Either the site or my computer is wonking out.

The first issue I see with your log is you're smashing Skyrim.esm, Update.esm, Dawnguard.esm, HearthFires.esm, and Dragonborn.esm.  These esms should not be included in the smashed patch, we don't need to resolve conflicts between them and your mods, do we?  (of course not, they're not mods, and we have USLEEP in your load order so conflict resolving with that should be sufficient).  I suppose maybe an argument could be made to have the DLCs in your smashing process for mods that override records that are overridden by the DLCs but don't preserve the changes from the DLCs, but I've never actually seen that happen and none of my tests have included the DLCs in smashing, so I don't know if weird things will happen.  Best to not include them for now.

whs8360:
No, if you're getting an issue with masters like that it must be a different issue entirely.  That should never happen, and if it does happen it means something went very, very wrong.  A log would help.

Regards,

-Mator

Arthmoor: Having trouble quoting your post.  Either the site or my computer is wonking out.

The first issue I see with your log is you're smashing Skyrim.esm, Update.esm, Dawnguard.esm, HearthFires.esm, and Dragonborn.esm.  These esms should not be included in the smashed patch, we don't need to resolve conflicts between them and your mods, do we?  (of course not, they're not mods, and we have USLEEP in your load order so conflict resolving with that should be sufficient).  I suppose maybe an argument could be made to have the DLCs in your smashing process for mods that override records that are overridden by the DLCs but don't preserve the changes from the DLCs, but I've never actually seen that happen and none of my tests have included the DLCs in smashing, so I don't know if weird things will happen.  Best to not include them for now.

whs8360:

No, if you're getting an issue with masters like that it must be a different issue entirely.  That should never happen, and if it does happen it means something went very, very wrong.  A log would help.

Regards,

-Mator

To be safe I redownloaded Smash and Merge. I dropped in the sample settings you posted, but I was wondering if I should add Bash Tags like delev, relev, etc.

I'll give it another try and shoot you the results.

BTW: I was prowling Google and noticed a "Smash-Master" zip file on Git-Hub. Does that have any relevance to Mator Smash, or should I disregard it?

Ok, well, I thought it might have been barfing on that record because it didn't load Skyrim.esm. The reason I brought in the other DLCs and Update.esm was because for Bash, they're all useful for bringing in things like leveled lists and name changes that later mods would just overwrite and possibly break something for.

I think what really needs to happen though is automatic tagging. Somehow either reading data from a mod's ESP description or reading it from the LOOT masterlist, or both. Having to go through the menu system you have set up for this and do it for every potential mod that might need this done is way more tedious than the existing Bash process. You don't need to become Bash, but why not leverage something its community has already spent the time and effort to work out? Yes, I know you don't particularly like how that's handled but it works and works well. Even with Sharlikran's test branches for Skyrim.