The Holds of Skyrim: Suggestions needed for missing Falkreath Hold section

BlackPete

Probably not very many people have realized this yet, but Bethesda left out the section for Falkreath Hold in the book "The Holds of Skyrim".

I was hoping to gather other people's input and ideas regarding what should be added so that the USKP can correct this oversight. The book is meant to be an Imperial soldier's guide to the province of Skyrim and already contains a description (summary) for the other eight holds. For reference, the current contents of the book can be viewed here: http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:The_Holds_of_Skyrim

Below is an example that I came up with, but as I mentioned it would be nice to get other people's thoughts too.

FALKREATH
Located in the pine forests of southern Skyrim, Falkreath hold borders Cyrodiil to the south and Hammerfell to the west. Its most prominent geographical feature, Lake Ilinalta, covers a vast portion of the hold's central region.

The hold capital, also called Falkreath, is home to the largest cemetery in Skyrim as a result of numerous battles that have taken place over the years. The hold is mostly wilderness and the only other notable settlement is Helgen to the east.

The hold's position in Skyrim is rather strategic for the Empire. It not only controls access to the Reach, Whiterun, and the Rift, but also acts as an important supply line in and out of Cyrodiil.

The information you provided about the missing part of Falkreth in the book should be added into USKP if possible. :) 

It's always nice to see the little things getting attention, your example looks great Pete, I think it'd be perfect to include.

This is really well written. 

My only suggestion would be to address the repetitive use of the word "hold". For example, the second sentence could be changed to:

"Its most prominent geographical feature, Lake Ilinalta, covers a vast portion of the region's central landscape"

...or something along those lines.

Hold is a geographical region In Skyrim, which is the same as a region or a district if you like that better.

Leonardo,

Go back and read the original text. Count on your fingers each time you see the word "Hold". Write that number down. Now go back and count how many sentences there are. Write that number down.

If the 1st number is more than, say, half the 2nd number, then the word is being used too much. 

Thanks for the geography lesson, though.

I revised what I had before slightly (see below). If anyone has any additional suggestions, additions or ideas, they would be welcome.

FALKREATH
Located in the pine forests of southern Skyrim, Falkreath hold borders Cyrodiil to the south and Hammerfell to the west. Its most prominent geographical feature, Lake Ilinalta, covers a vast portion of the region's central landscape.

The hold capital, also called Falkreath, is home to the largest cemetery in Skyrim as a result of numerous battles that have taken place over the years. The remainder of the area is almost entirely wilderness and the only other notable settlement is Helgen to the east.

Falkreath's position in Skyrim is rather strategic for the Empire. It not only controls access to the Reach, Whiterun, and the Rift, but also acts as an important supply line in and out of Cyrodiil.

I like it!

At the risk of picking nits, the last two sections both begin with, "The hold('s)". I think you could probably change the last section to "Falkreath's position in Skyrim..." and be ok.

Nice work, regardless.

That's probably a good idea. I went ahead and made the change.

FALKREATH
Located in the pine forests of southern Skyrim, Falkreath hold borders Cyrodiil to the south and Hammerfell to the west. Its most prominent geographical feature, Lake Ilinalta, covers a vast portion of the region's central landscape.

The hold capital, also called Falkreath, is home to the largest cemetery in Skyrim as a result of numerous battles that have taken place over the years. The remainder of the area is almost entirely wilderness and the only other notable settlement is Helgen to the east.

Falkreath's position in Skyrim is rather strategic for the Empire. It not only controls access to the Reach, Whiterun, and the Rift, but also acts as an important supply line in and out of Cyrodiil.

Since it seems like people are satisfied with the change, I'll go ahead and put it in with the other fixes for USKP 2.0.9.

Leonardo,

Go back and read the original text. Count on your fingers each time you see the word "Hold". Write that number down. Now go back and count how many sentences there are. Write that number down.

If the 1st number is more than, say, half the 2nd number, then the word is being used too much. 

Thanks for the geography lesson, though.

You know I didn't ask for counting the "Hold" word in original text then go back here and make a comparison.  Come on, give me a break.

I was just explaining the word "Hold" nothing else.

And you assumed that I needed an explanation for the term.

I was offering an recommendation on the grammar. For some reason, you felt the appropriate response on that was to question my comprehension.

So tell you what, please feel free to never respond to anything I post ever again, Leonardo. If I need your assistance, I'll ask for it.