Another Silly Question

BelGarion

Is it with in the scope of the Unofficial Skyrim Patch to fix oversights? For instance, the Dawnguard doesn't react to you being a vampire nor is there an alternative start to it for vampire characters. I have a few ideas on how to 'fix' that but it would be crude and cobbled together since I'm not that smart when it comes to modding. Also Merida, when you pick up her beacon, doesn't recognize you as a vampire yet she hates the undead. She should say your unsuitable to handle her beacon and take it from you. Things of that nature that, when you reflect on it and the lore, would make you smack your forehead and wonder how it slipped past those who were writing the quests and story. 

And yes, I do realize the Beacon you can just skip not picking it up, easy enough. But the Dawnguard thing, they give you two paths to play, vampire hunter or vampire, if your already a vampire why would you join vampire hunters? Yet the only way to start the quest chain is to do so and from Dimhollow Crypt on does it converge. I'm thinking making the Dawnguard hostile toward you if your set Vampire and on their body would be a "Report on the attack of the Vigilantes of Stendaar. " which would direct you to their destroyed hall, there would be a "Report on Dimhollow Crypt" which would direct you to Dimhollow Crypt then from there it would proceed as normal. I just don't know how to write quests or notes that auto start a quest at a certain quest level, nor how to make a forced dialog (which the recruiters use) check a flag and make them hostile toward you. They should be hostile toward you if your a vampire, they are, after all, vampire hunters. >.< 

The mod "Timing is Everything" deals with the Meridia and Vampire thing. The mod "The Choice is Yours" has an update to it's Dawnguard module in development that will deal with being a Vampire when starting the quest.

Both mods are by the same author, but both issues are out of the scope of the USKP

The mod "Timing is Everything" deals with the Meridia and Vampire thing. The mod "The Choice is Yours" has an update to it's Dawnguard module in development that will deal with being a Vampire when starting the quest.

Both mods are by the same author, but both issues are out of the scope of the USKP

Sweet! But, yeah, it's these little things that make me go "Uh...". Now to find a way to get various shouts / items with out having to join every guilds in the game, like the Fire shout from Dustman since Dustman is locked unless you join the Companions, which, for a mage or stealth based character build, makes no sense. >.< 

Re: Shouts: http://www.darkcreations.org/forums/files/file/402-freedom-of-speech/

Old mod, but still works nicely.

Sweet! Not on Nexus, no wonder I didn't know about it. :( Thank you! Oh! Arthmoor, would you happen to know which script / quest effects the flag "PlayerIsWerewolf" ? Trying to figure out if one of the mods I am using is messing with it or if it's a vanilla bug that after being cured I still have that set yet don't have the werewolf transform power. Thank  you again. 

Not all mods are on Nexus so it pays to poke around on other sites too since you can find hidden gems like that :P

I don't recall specifically which script deals with the werewolf flag but I can assure you it's something we did fix in the USKP and if you're not seeing that result, you've got another mod somewhere that overrode the script we fixed for that.

Not all mods are on Nexus so it pays to poke around on other sites too since you can find hidden gems like that :P

I don't recall specifically which script deals with the werewolf flag but I can assure you it's something we did fix in the USKP and if you're not seeing that result, you've got another mod somewhere that overrode the script we fixed for that.

Right, the fun part is to figure out which mod since none of my mods does anything to werewolves or the Companions. 

Edit: Ah ha! I *think* I nailed it down, didn't know I could pull up references for globals. The three Guard Dialogs, quest C00, and UKSPRetroactive122. Amidianborn Skyforge Weapons changes the c00 script to give Aela the Amidianborn version not the vanilla version. >.< Ok, off to politely tell the mod author about this. 

Edit 2: Another silly question. How long after sending a message to the mod author do I wait for a response before just making and posting a USKP / Amidianborn Skyforge Weapons compatibility patch? It doesn't look to be too hard, the only change to the quest was he made it so when you give Aela her shield it gives her his version of the Skyforge shield. I could mod your version to do just that and no other changes to preserve the fixes but still have his changes too. I think I can, that is? O.o