[Oblivion] Content Restoration Mods

Leonardo

Not that I'm aware of. Mainly because most of what's been cut was cut well enough to leave nothing usable behind. Everything else is pretty minor but someone would need to go digging to catalog it all before knowing if a mod would even be worth the time.

The only major bit of stuff I can think of is a quest from one of the NPCs in Chorrol where he thinks he's descended from ogres and sets out to make an offering to them in a cave nearby. The audio is recorded and available, but all the stages and structure are missing, as is the intended location. So a whole dungeon would have to get built for it. Not impossible, just time consuming.

There's probably also several fragments of things that were brought back by way of the UOP over the years instead of being set aside for a mod like this like they should have been.

Thing is, even if all of this stuff is identified and put into a proper mod, it won't be anything quite as extensive as Cutting Room Floor is for Skyrim.

Now let us assume there were a content restoration project going on.  Does this content qualify for such a mod or is it just an eastern egg?

The only major bit of stuff I can think of is a quest from one of the NPCs in Chorrol where he thinks he's descended from ogres and sets out to make an offering to them in a cave nearby. The audio is recorded and available, but all the stages and structure are missing, as is the intended location. So a whole dungeon would have to get built for it. Not impossible, just time consuming.

How about the Redguard Valley Cave which is between Chorrol and Skingrad?

That video is because Bethesda recycled a test cell to make Frostcrag. There's nothing of useful value in any of those.

Redguard Valley Cave is already used by another quest and it wouldn't be a good idea to try and hijack it for the cut stuff.

I didn't know that about Frostcrag.

Hmm...  How about those Ogre's you need to rescue in the Daedric quest for Malacath?   Could they be useful after all you did save them and having at least of them to be able to talk too and that would be somewhat unique in-game.