Dawnguard LOD textures missing?

Anikma

I'm using Dawnguard assets in m large worldspace mod for Skyrim (Castle Dawnguard, Vampire castle etc). However, there seems to be no existing lod texture source in the Dawnguard.bsa. Is there anywhere I can download them or is there some way I can extract them from the lod .nif files?

Thank guys,

[snip] there seems to be no existing lod texture source in the Dawnguard.bsa. [snip]

There is. Well, I don't understand precisely what is your problem, due to the lack of real technical explanation. A screenshot showing your problem may be self explanatory. At the moment, we're lacking crucial details :

-Are you using a brand new custom worldspace ?

-Only textures are missing ? Really ?

-Did you generate the proper terrain, objects and trees (if needed) distant LOD ? If so, did you do it within the CK or using another 3rd party tool ?

Anyway, LOD generation for Skyrim is generally a PITA. Rather than going into hard explanations, you may look at the way to generate it by yourself (there are several tutorials around there, Google will be your friend) in order to understand the base knowledge about it. Then, when time comes to finally handle it, come back here at AFK mods. I will upload a ready-to-use archive for LOD generation by the end of the month.

Sorry for the lack of details, I typed that out on my phone at the train station. 

Yes, I am creating a brand new custom worldspace. I have successfully generated landscape lod using oscape and yes, although there are lod files located in the meshes section of the dawnguard.bsa there are no lod .dds files.

So, whenever I try and generate object LOD I get this error

Missing DDS textures for object DLC01CasExtBackLeftTower01_LOD_0:19--check editorwarnings.txt for texture

The same problem is discussed in this thread where someone actually did upload the textures. Unfortunately though the link provided is broken.   

Related Static : CasExtBackLeftTower01 (Form ID 0200DD5C). And if you look at the specified distant LOD meshes in the CK you find this one for levels 0,1 and 2 : meshes\dlc01\lod\castle\DLC01CasExtBackLeftTower01_LOD_0.nif

If you extract it from the Dawnguard.bsa archive and open it in Nifskope you will see in the BSShaderTextureSet block that the following textures are used : textures\dlc01\lod\DLC01_CastleExtLod01.dds and textures\dlc01\lod\DLC01_CastleExtLod01_n.dds

LOD generation (any of the 3) from within the CK requires all needed files to be present as loose files in your Data folder, and also basically in your source folder (in .tga format, this time) to build the related atlas. The archive that' I'll release by sunday already has all the required files. Just wait a few days if you can't do it yourself (it's a long and painful process to extract the game .bsa archives, collect all required ressources files, convert all textures to .tga format and repack all these files in specific folders/paths in order to make the CK working properly without complaining). And in addition, about 100 LOD meshes are unusable in their 'rough' state as they are affected by 1 out of 2 (sometimes both) known bugs : translation bug and wrapping bug.

As I said, everything will be released very soon, with everything fixed and working fine, and with some basic explanations on how to handle it.

• 2 weeks later...