Cheap or Free Games

Arthmoor

• 2 weeks later...

Well, it's not a game, but The Witcher III live concert is completely FREE for a very limited amount of time (less than 24 hours at the moment where I'm typing this). RUUUUUN !!!!!!

Edit: WOOOOW ! Various video qualities up to 4K !!!!! (19.2 GB !!!!) :stare:

Neat.  I still haven't finished The Witcher (then it's part 2) but I look forward to Wild Hunt.  That symphony struck a cord.

• 3 months later...
On 6/20/2018 at 9:58 AM, alt3rn1ty said:

Anyone liked Descent ?

Meet Descent 4 A.K.A Overload

AT LAST! :D

Edit : Independant review ..

Overload has now had several updates since the above post, and I think they literally have nothing left to fix.

Its vicious at higher levels, but there are many levels for personal comfort zones / play styles, it still plays smooth as butter, and reviews seem to be overwhelmingly positive no matter where you get it from. I linked it to the GOG page in the above post, but you can also get it on steam if you prefer

Its not on sale at the moment, but its worth it whatever the price imho

https://playoverload.com/game/

Favourite review on GOG reads :

I am the CEO of Orbital Design Studios, and am the designer behind the canceled "Descent IV" project in 2002. This game is a thing I thought I'd never see, aside from prototypes in my company's archives. A very warm welcome back to Matt & Mike and all of the old crew of Parallax and Outrage Entertainment who have returned to create this long dreamed of and hoped for creation. Thank you for putting my regrets that D4 couldn't get made, to rest. Overload will stand for all time in its place. To everyone else... You're going down. Again. (ಠ_ಠ)

:)

Oh and forgot to mention, there is a quote from the Revival team reference Overload, which I think was posted on Discord

"

For some time, we’ve wanted to provide an update on Revival and Overload. Some of us got busy and we kept waiting for the Xbox version to be done (update: it was submitted on Monday for approval), but here’s the status.

We founded Revival and built a team to make Overload, not really planning to create a lasting company that would build more games. We wanted to have fun creating a spiritual successor to Descent, and we’re very happy with the results.

We would have liked to do more with Overload — more DLC drops (we will do another community DLC pack), new features, maybe a sequel. Those things look very unlikely now. We’re gratified by Overload’s strong user reviews and we love the community that has formed around the game. Nonetheless, sales have been disappointing and can’t justify much additional work on the project.

We’re still spending time on Overload, but most of us have moved on. Roughly half the full-time team members are now working at Volition. (Props to Chelsea and Ed who leveraged their Overload experience into Associate Producer positions!) Luke is back to working full-steam at Radian Games. (Check out Scorcher, coming later this month!) Matt is working on ideas for a new (game-related) project. Mike had planned on loafing for several months and then deciding what to do, but suddenly and unexpectedly found himself rejoining Volition as General Manager.

We are proud of Overload and have many fond memories. The Kickstarter, which was as all-consuming as many had warned, was very satisfying in the end. We both enjoyed being (slightly rusty) programmers for the first time in years, and it meant a lot to be part of such a talented team. We were gratified by the community of both newcomers and Descent fans still committed a game we created over 20 years ago. And it’s particularly meaningful to see team members who got a career boost out of their work on Overload.

Maybe we’ll do it again in another 20 years.

– Mike & Matt

"

So if anyone was waiting for further developments forget that, grab it, its fantastic, and as bug free as it will ever be (if there was any bugs left, I dont know of any, they did a superb job).

• 1 month later...

Thanks, however, adding my voice to those who do not find the redeem code working- will also add, despite being a great program, the buttons on the Launcher are dead. 

Edit: It's the first part of the code that works- not the http part. And check for updates in the launcher. Oops.

It's also on sale on GoG.com for $7.50 and is honestly the way i'd recommend getting it if you have to pay.

• 4 weeks later...

No Man's Sky is currrently £19.99 (UK price) on GOG (Its "Indie Week Sale")

https://www.gog.com/game/no_mans_sky

Some very nice updates are coming this summer (see the latest posts in this topic), so if you ever fancied getting it when its cheap, now would be a good time (But wait until the Beyond Update comes before you settle into a serious playthrough) :)

The current beta Experimental which has changed the game engine over from OpenGL to Vulkan is very nice, but the summer "Beyond Update" promises to have a lot more in the "improving performance" department (it needs it for VR to be implemented).

I dont see any similar pricing on Steam at the moment, so if thats your preference then you probably need to wait until they have a sale.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
19 hours ago, Arthmoor said:

Ridiculously good deal on Dragon Age: Origins - Ultimate Edition ($5) https://www.gog.com/game/dragon_age_origins

.. or 3 english pounds and seventy five pence. Sold and downloading the offline manual install files right now.

Thanks Arthmoor I had not seen that, not only have I never played it through but its also EA client free from GOG :)

:banana:Happy dancing nana feels

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sid Meier's Civilization IV is also on sale at 75% off on GoG. https://www.gog.com/game/sid_meiers_civilization_iv_the_complete_edition

No Man's Sky is on sale at 50% off on GoG. https://www.gog.com/game/no_mans_sky

I've not played either of these, but apparently they're popular among Lizards and Rabbits. :TrollLizard: :bunnytroll: