Cheap or Free Games

Arthmoor

OK cheapskates, no more excuses! Skyrim Legendary Edition on sale on Steam for $10 until January 4th!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

"Need For Speed: Most Wanted" is now free on Origin. I believe this is the 2012 reboot, not the old 2005 game with the same name.

• 3 weeks later...

Any more fans of the X Series Space games ?

Egosoft has allowed the latest version of X Rebirth ( v4 ) plus Teladi Outpost and Home Of Light DLCs to be released DRM free on GoG

Currently 20 notes for the bundle https://www.gog.com/game/x_rebirth_home_of_light_complete_edition

I have steered clear of Rebirth so far, much preferred X3 Albion Prelude modified with XRM .. But the latest updates new features has made this new edition to the series much better, you still cant fly other ships like you can with the previous games but the one you get is now more upgradeable, your empire easier to manage, missions are less of a chore to access and it sounds like its getting back to what fans come to expect from the series ..

Downloading :). I hope GoG goes from strength to strength, its so nice having a DRM free installer I can back up and keep safe for as long as I will ever need it, especially with these kind of games I tend to play / mod for many years.

Its also available for Linux too, when we all get thoroughly cheesed off with Windows 10

• 3 months later...

The GOG summer sale has started. System Shock 2 is free, and you can get some other free games if you buy other stuff.

The GOG summer sale has started. System Shock 2 is free, and you can get some other free games if you buy other stuff.

Pretty good deals, even this early into the sale.

Hasbro Classics Pack - $15.13 USD, 80% off

Neverwinter Nights Diamond

Neverwinter Nights 2 Complete

Planescape: Torment

Icewind Dale 2 Complete

The Temple of Elemental Evil

Dungeons & Dragons: Dragonshard

Forgotten Realms: Demon Stone

D&D Remade Pack - $35.96 USD, 55% off

D&D Remade Pack without Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear - $17.97 USD, 70% off

Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition

Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition

Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition

Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear

Witcher 3: Wild Hunt + Expansion Pass (all DLCs) - $49.99 USD, 33% off

Kerbal Space Program - $23.99 USD, 40% off

Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time is free for June, get it here (requires UPlay).

Ubisoft will be offering a new game every month to the end of the year to celebrate their 30th anniversary.

• Like 1

Limbo is free on Steam today and tomorrow. Great little indie puzzle platformer. I picked it up in a humble bundle ages ago and really liked it.

• Like 1

I love Limbo. I originally played it on console. Great game...I paid full price for it on Steam not too long ago.

Steam Summer Sale is on.

Fallout 4, half price. No discount on Season Pass though.

Skyrim is dirt cheap again. Good opportunity to grab any missing DLCs before Special Edition.

• Like 1

For anyone into Sci Fi games, who were a bit dissapointed with Elite eventually turning into multiplayer online only game

No Mans Sky on GOG

Its not cheap yet ( still to be released in August ) but it is unusual in that it will be free of DRM ( Thats my tenuous link on this being valid for this topic :) ) on release. And comes with a bonus for pre-orders

I have this one pre-ordered hopefully to encourage more of the same, programmer is a talented Brit too :)

Have a look at the vids on the News section of the original home page http://www.no-mans-sky.com/news/

• 2 weeks later...

Ubisoft's 30th anniversary gifts continue.

Now you can get free DLC for Division in the form of 3 outfits from other Tom Clancy games.

On July 13th, Splinter Cell (2002 game) will replace the currently free Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time. Once you add the game to your UPlay library it'll be yours to keep forever.

Battlefield Hardline's Betrayal expansion is free until the 12th of July, get it via Origin.

GoG is debuting 3 more EA games today at $7.99 each.

Dragon Age Origins - Ultimate Edition (hell yes, sold!)

Dead Space

Sim City 3000