Cheap or Free Games

Arthmoor

Yeah, so just about every other site has this. I figure it's high time we get ours rolling :P

For the next 40 or so hours, GoG.com is giving away free copies of Mount & Blade. Don't ask, I know nothing about it, I just grabbed it cause it has a hype train and was free. :troll:

They're also running their week long no-DRM mega specials sale on, well, a crapload of cool stuff. So if you've been looking for something older but didn't want to spend the bucks, you won't need to spend so many now.

This is especially helpful if you've been wanting to play Witcher or Witcher 2. They will routinely go on insane specials for as little as $2 for the fully souped up enhanced director's cut versions. With no DRM, it's pretty much a killer deal when you can find them.

Also scroll down the page, you might be able to land a free copy by clicking on their "Stamps" thing or whatever it is. Should be obvious. Just scroll about halfway down, click the plus sign, and it should tell you you've collected one.

GOG are definitely by far the leaders for such interesting commercial events, imo. And they're extremely smart with european customers : their prices are the sames all over the world, but as $ and € have different rates, we are 'awarded' with gifted purchase vouchers.

Thank you Arthmoor! I got Witcher 2 for $2.99 with 3 minutes left in the sale. It's still cheap right now and if you click on the "stamps" (plus signs) in the box about halfway down once every 24 hours, you can get the game and director's cut movie free when you collect seven.

If you like the genre, GoG has a couple of excellent story-driven adventure games. Played these years ago and looked forward to promised sequels that were never made.

The Longest Journey and Syberia 1 & 2 were great. Dreamfall, sequel to The Longest Journey, had a better ending but an unwieldy UI and more confusing puzzles.

Of course Guybrush Threepwood from Tales of Monkey Island is one of the most classic characters of all time and the story is funny as hell. The remake isn't quite as good as the originals but of course has better graphics. The part I remember most fondly was the surly pirate berating you about his cat, Mrs. Prettywhiskers. The game is outrageously expensive for a vintage title ($35) but it's 90% off right now. At $3.50 it's worth a play.

They've got the entire Spiderweb collection of games on sale for $7 right now. They're kind of retro, but every game in his set that I've played so far has been well worth it.

I have loads of games on GOG, and they have continued to amaze me with more free (and good) games!

I have both Mount and Blade, the original and Warband, and I can vouch for them if you like to play a medieval open-world game and make your own adventure.

Two Worlds: Epic Edition. On flash sale for the next 2 hours for $1.99.

Unlike the sequel, this one is worth it.

Last chance to grab something in GoG's big sale. All the bundles that were discounted during the sale are up again for the last 48 hours of the event.

Skyrim - Legendary Edition is on sale on Steam for the next 40 hours. $13.59. No more excuses people :P

Skyrim - Legendary Edition is on sale on Steam for the next 40 hours. $13.59. No more excuses people :P

"But I don't want to play Dawnguard or have it active in my load order bla bla bla bla...." :P

Legendary Edition is Skyrim, Dawnguard, Hearthfire, and Dragonborn in one package. Plus the free hi-res DLC. It's routinely put on sale for $13.59 on Steam.

• 4 weeks later...

Steam sale is ending, all sorts of good deals in place. Especially Skyrim's Legendary Edition. Don't have all the DLCs? Now's as good a time as any!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

GoG has Witcher 1 and 2 on sale for 80% of for the next 10 hours. (That's $1.99 and $3.99)

If you want something that's free and very addictive, check out 2048. Jimi plays it ALL weekend long and now he's getting me hooked on it. :P

You've been warned. ;)

• 1 month later...

For those of you, like me, who have The Witcher 3 and have preordered the upcoming DLCs (due out in October), GoG.com is giving away codes to redeem free copies of Witcher 1 and Witcher 2. You can give them to friends if you don't need them yourself. I suspect a lot of us will be sitting on more codes we can't give away because everyone has the games already :troll:

If you want something that's free and very addictive, check out 2048. Jimi plays it ALL weekend long and now he's getting me hooked on it. :P

You've been warned. ;)

:stare:   :nerd:   :swear:   :dancing:   :crazy:  :gnight:

Just about sums up the first experience :)

Moar! <goes back to other browser tab>