Simple question - Knifepoint Ridge

Screwball

Is it possible - ever - to get a Radiant quest at Knifepoint Ridge while DA02 (Boethia's Proving) is active?

Reason for asking is simple. As explained  in #17775 the Mine section with all the Corundum veins is blocked off again after completing DA02. However, it is possible to delay the inevitable almost permanently by obtaining, but never wearing, the Ebony Armor, because that prevents DA02 from completing and thus prevents the mine being blocked off. The exterior, interior, all the bandits (except Boethia's Champion) and the ore veins respawn, which is good. My concern is that any subsequent, or more specifically, concurrent Radiant quest (at Knifepoint Ridge) could really screw it all up.

I've failed TG quests due to conflicts with "main" quests before now - Numbers Job and Repairing the Phial, Pickpocket Job and Served Cold [DB]. While not the end of the world it is certainly annoying to have that happen, so it is possible for a "main" and Radiant quest to be active at the same location at the same time. Question is - can that happen at Knifepoint Ridge?

Knifepoint Ridge becomes a reserved location when DA02 starts, which will lock it out of pretty much all radiant quests for the duration.

The Champion is not enabled until stage 20, which is when the blockage into the new section is temporarily removed. Any radiant quest that is already in progress that requires killing the normal boss will be blocked from completion during this time - which is something that's not practical to attempt to fix.

This dungeon is then returned to its normal state upon leaving the Knifepoint Ridge location so that any radiant quests that may have been in progress will be restored to working order. This part was done in USKP 2.0.4 because resetting it in DA02 itself would reenable the blocked passage while you were still in it, which is obviously bad.

So bottom line: Mine the shit out of it while you have access.

That's what I was hoping :)

Once the blockage is removed it will stay open until DA02 is complete, which is pretty much what I was after. Only downsides are having Boethia's Proving permanently in the Quest list, and making damn sure you don't lose the Ebony Armor. I can live with those, though not until my next game - much too late for this one (it's already blocked again).

Cheers :)