Question about official Skyrim DLCs

maboleth

I thought for a while that all 3 DLCs for Skyrim were made after the game was launched. But, looking at the credits for voice acting on imdb for Dawnguard, they all share the same date as original Skyrim (2011).
Also, the fact that original Skyrim voice actors continued their role for all three DLCs got me thinking that the writing for DLC plots and most of the work have been done even before the game was released. Am I right or missing something? :)

Wouldn't be all that surprising, at least for the voice actors. Though there's minor evidence in Dragonborn that it was originally planned to go first. So it's entirely possible they had the lines for that done in late 2011 too.

I remember I watched a video where Todd Howard said to the Skyrim dev team to go on their own, brainstorm their own ideas and implement them in the game individually over a weekend. They would then review the effort together, approve or disapprove new ideas. That's how Hearthfire was born. And I can tell you there were lots of interesting ideas and tweaks (for example, creatures and humans leaving steps in the snow - which was unfortunately omitted).

Still, I thought this brainstorming came after the game was released... I'll have to find that video again.

Yeah, the Game Jam session. Some good stuff was born there. Just wish it had all been provided to us :P