Upload File Size limit

alt3rn1ty

Arthmoor are there any plans to increase file size limit for uploads on AFK Mods ?

This would probably be too much to ask but if it was possible I would need 1.2gb for one of my Vanilla Reduced Textures legendary files. The other is a little over half that size but still busts the 512mb limit currently.

If its not possible its no problem, I am directing people to grab those files from Nexus if they need them.

If its not possible its no problem, I am directing people to grab those files from Nexus if they need them.

You know TAL is even better than Nexus and TAL offers 6 Gb for a separate upload and guests can download your mod without registration.

Probably better to put something of that size on TAL. Space restrictions make anything much larger than 512MB files a real problem for us right now.

No problem and I understand.

Going to keep it as is because until I get fibre optic internet again uploading such large files takes a ridiculous amount of time .. So the Legendary files can be Nexus only for now.

Even though I asked I was not really looking forward to uploading them a second time ..

.. Though there may be some feline tails with shadow problems might just nag me enough to do one more up eventually :).

• 1 month later...
Found another site which is capable of hosting the huge file sizes I need to, I need a backup site to Skyrim Nexus ..

After exceeding the file size limits at AFK Mods, remembered that Tes Alliance has an FTP upload option which gets around the site host file limits.

So now, VRT will be hosted at :

+

Files are still being uploaded via FTP and need transferring to the mod page downloads, but expect that to happen within the next day or two.

Version 24 I believe is the final version, so these two sites will be the home of VRT hereafter.

( I am still not sure about TAL .. After Andalaybay skipped from Dark Creations to TAL ( no idea why ) .. Have my doubts about longevity so going with TESA - Even though FTP upload of large files drives me nuts :) )

( I am still not sure about TAL .. After Andalaybay skipped from Dark Creations to TAL ( no idea why ) .. Have my doubts about longevity so going with TESA - Even though FTP upload of large files drives me nuts :) )

Why are you not sure about TAL?

You don't need a FTP on TAL and the upload quota is 6 Gb, besides you don't need to wait for someone to approve your uploaded file on TAL.  Your hosted mod will have instant access for anyone who wants to download your mod on TAL.

I know what happen on DC but I won't tell you, because that's something for Anda to share with you if she wants to do that.

I don't think you need worry much about TAL. It's in for the long haul. There are several long term projects being hosted there and it has a healthy community. Small, but healthy.

Black Marsh and the Unofficial Morrowind Patch being two big ones they're handling.

Well thank you for the reassurances guys, will keep TAL in mind for the future if needs be .. but I already spent over two days uploading 3.3 GB to the file server at TESA, and laid out the mod page ( and the supporting gallery images for descriptions and links specific to that site ) which is at a finished state, I am not about to switch again at this stage :) ( I am also now on copper wires, having moved north to a region not so well endowed with fibre networks, anything achieved already is not to be discarded so lightly ).

Just one more 800mb file to do, and thats all 8 of them done ( need to wait for TESA clearing the file server which is topped up right now )

• 2 weeks later...

I did tell you what happened at DC. I didn't skip from DC - I was booted after I made the stupid mistake of trusting somebody. Anyway not for discussion here. As others have said, TAL isn't going anywhere. Leo and Arthmoor, thanks for the support and speaking up. :hug:

Well, first you gave me an outline that something had gone wrong. I can understand that it was none of my business anyway so did not need to be anything more than what you did say, and I did not need telling at all really.

I recall your post as being a nice personal invitation to TAL, which was appreciated, with a vague description of the need for the new site.

But you did not, as you have just said, tell me what happened. At the time I went searching for recent posts to see if I could put together what had happened.

My apologies if you interpreted me being unsure, as some kind of attack on the new site which needed protecting .. I did not intend any kind of slur if that is how my words have been over sensitively misinterpreted.

There's normally no need to go into details, so I usually don't. It doesn't help any. But you ruffled my feathers a bit when you said I skipped out on DC and then started another site, so I felt I had to set things straight. Anyway all feathers smoothed down now. *finishes preening*

Ah I understand. No I didnt mean that to sound bad either. I arrived at DC relatively recently prior to the incident, so from my POV I had just set up a home for mirroring mods on a new site .. and then soon after for reasons I did not understand the person who introduced me to DC is off to setup a new site, leaving me wondering if I was still happy at DC. I kept one of my mods there, the adult one. But the others I have slowly migrated to other sites that I can.

I have nothing against DC, just an uncomfortable feeling there after you left. So slowly sought new mirrors afterwards, I had two of them here on AFK until one of them grew too big for the site .. Hence the OP question.

Oh, I didn't realize the timing was that close. Of course I never know what day it is either. :P DC is very different these days. I get my regular fill of gossip from a couple of DC'ers that frequent TAL as well. :D

• 5 years later...
On 9/29/2014 at 12:49 AM, Arthmoor said:

Probably better to put something of that size on TAL. Space restrictions make anything much larger than 512MB files a real problem for us right now.

Sorry for bumping a 6 year old thread, but I wonder.

Has the file size limitations you had back then changed, I mean is it possible to upload larger files than 512 Mb maybe up to 1 Gb?

Especially now when TAL is shutting down soon.

Depends on how big you're talking about. Space restrictions are still a thing, and probably always will be. It costs extra to get more.

Well, some TW mods I mirrored on TAL are quite large, I mean 2-3 mods is almost 2 Gb.  Qarl's Oblivion Textures is one of those large mods, excluding all other textures mods Qarl created.

The other mods are for TW.

http://www.theassimilationlab.com/forums/files/file/1274-ntw-napoleon-total-combat-40-beta/ (just over 512 Mb)

http://www.theassimilationlab.com/forums/files/file/965-the-american-revolution-v20-beta/ (two files together is over 3 Gb, probably not needed anymore since there exist an updated version and is already hosted on Nexus)

http://www.theassimilationlab.com/forums/files/file/873-darthmod-empire-80-platinum801-patch/ (the main mod plus a mod patch is almost 1.9 Gb)

For stuff that big that's also reasonably popular it sounds like you'd be better off putting them up on Nexus. I notice QTP3 is already there in at least 2 different user accounts so I'm not sure another is needed.

If you'd still like to upload the TW stuff here I can set up a section for it but you'd need to give me some suitable categories for stuff and keep in mind that space is still tight and a pile of 3GB mods will eat into that pretty quickly.

Fair enough.

How much space is there available?

I also need to ask you.  From what I understand you're going to host the UMP project, right.  Are you also going to host the tutorial section too?

There's been no discussion of what will become of those as far as I know. You'd need to ask AndalayBay.

The only thing I've got confirmed so far is that AFK Mods will be taking over hosting for the UMP.

I see.

Well, as much I understand your situation I am not fond of posting the tutorials for TW one more time, especially when I spent 2-4 weeks to post them back in 2014.

There's been no discussion of what will become of those as far as I know. You'd need to ask AndalayBay.

I asked her.

http://www.theassimilationlab.com/forums/topic/17364-tal-shutting-down-sort-of/?do=findComment&comment=451553

Edited by Leonardo

Let's see what she has to say about those then. They're just forum content so I'm willing to have those brought over here but I have no idea how a merge process would work on something like this. Both sites are running IPB so the content itself ought to be compatible.

2 hours ago, Arthmoor said:

Let's see what she has to say about those then.

http://www.theassimilationlab.com/forums/topic/17364-tal-shutting-down-sort-of/?do=findComment&comment=451554

2 hours ago, Arthmoor said:

They're just forum content so I'm willing to have those brought over here but I have no idea how a merge process would work on something like this. Both sites are running IPB so the content itself ought to be compatible.

I think the only thing you need do to is to create the forums (both the Mods, Tools, and tutorials forum) then merge the stuff from TAL here.

Just check the forum structure on TAL and do the same thing here.  After that I won't mind give you a helping hand to shuffle the stuff around a little if necessary.