Unofficial Patches - "Legendary Edition" or Separate Files?

Arthmoor

I assume it's about Severin Manor (that you legally own after the 'Served Cold' quest has been completed) and the fact that you can't furnish it, nor live in it with your spouse and children (for players also owning Hearthfire). The manor is already fully upgraded when you obtain it. Making it an 'equivalent' of the other player homes would require a cross-DLC stuff to implement : first, clearing the existing furniture, making various furniture sets available for purchase (Lleril Morvayn and Adril Arano don't have the associated voice acting), then implementing the various options for your spouse to move there with children (and eventually setting up a shop).

That would depend on what you're referring to as "the Raven Rock issue".

As is mentioned, that you can't move your families there. It relies on UHFP, right?

Ah, right. I'm not sure if that's even doable at this point, even with a Legendary patch.

• 1 month later...

Another item for consideration is the total amount of new unique bugs introduced by the DLC.

Of the 7712 items currently in Tracdown were it possible to automate search results for "[Dragonborn] [DG] [DawnGuard] [Hearhfire]" giving a blowdown of Confirmed/Fixed/Cannot Reproduce and so forth.

The worst kind are the "Will Not Be Fixed" bugs.

This is just one, but is there an elegant sufficiency for us "Vanilla Purists" to be overly concerned?

Okay, if the linked issue is not to be reclassified, then a new Tracdown issue for the Vanilla bug?

(Searching Tracdown for double enchanted returns nothing.)

Certainly makes the collation of informative stats a little more problematic.

I haven't read this thread for quite some time and when I read it today it struck me something that hasn't been even mention before.

The Legendary Patch are supposed to save slots right.  That means you always need to use 4 slots for an unified patch regardless how many mods you use, but the current patches allow you to actually save some slots.

So if you want to play without any DLC then you can do it or if you want to play DB then you can save up to 3 slots (2 DLC+2 patches minus one for the Legendary patch) and with the Legendary Patch you must to use 4 slots (all DLC+unified USKP).

Saving slots, or not saving slots, is not something that's even on our radar as a valid issue.

That was not the purpose? If that's the case, would it not be easier to just make a cross DLC patch that required all the patches as they are now instead of combining them? Support could be continued for those few who don't have all the DLCs or none of them. It would only cost one extra slot at that point.

The purpose is mainly that it's far easier to maintain in a single unified file because then you don't have to worry about all the other crap that comes from the current arrangement.

Honestly, being able to drop 2 or 3 mod slots was never an issue. It's only an issue in the minds of people who are honestly trying to do too much with the game as it is. It's well known that Bethesda's engine can't handle the load of that many mods without choking.

Maybe I'm a purist, but I never ever wanted to have gazillion of mods installed. I always thought it's an utter bloating and serious alteration of the game. I only have slightly enhanced vanilla Skyrim with all official DLCs and unofficial patches. That being said, I'd like to see a unified file for USP.

• 2 months later...

So, i wonder: Is there a clearer timeframe for when the merge will happen? I'm actually looking forward to it now.