Bug Fixes Recommended in Addition to the Unofficial Patches

Arthmoor

What about this I came across recently

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/71869/?

Ive run into the two different voices thing in game myself. Would it be improper to suggest this issue should looked at in USLEEP itself? Rather than yet, another esp taken up to address a single issue?

Have you played AFT?  If you have then I'm sure you may have notice it since the voice in the video are the voice files used for Lydia in AFT.

EDIT:  I was too quick to comment and later I realize what this mod does, which is immersive and needed in-game.

• 3 months later...

For script-heavy load orders:

Mannequin AI Fix by Telamont

From the description page:

What USLEEP does is tweak the script ("mannequinactivatorscript.pex") that freezes the mannequins to be faster and more streamlined (I think? Did not really look at the source code.) and more importantly, to make it reset the mannequins' pose and position after it's done freezing them so that they'll be where they should be and in the pose they should be in. 

If you're running a vanilla game, this will be all that you'll need. However, if your game is heavily modded (with script heavy mods) and you're suffering from an even slight Payrus Script lag or alternately, you use player home mods like "Deus Mons" or "Halls of Dovahndor", with 15+ mannequins in one cell, USLEEP's script just won't be able to keep up and you're likely to end up with floating/wandering mannequins anyway. 

What [this] mod does is tweak the mannequin's NPC AI package to keep them from wandering around in the first place. In the vanilla game, the mannequin's AI Package "MannequinStay" is set to the "travel" template, which is why without the script "mannequinactivatorscript.pex", the mannequins tend to... travel. As of the latest version, USLEEP does not touch this. What my tweak does is change the AI Package so that it now has a template that tells the mannequins to "hold position". Now they'll no longer wander around in their cells while waiting for "mannequinactivatorscript.pex" to turn them into statues and reset their postion, they'll simply stand in place, maybe turn their head this way and that way, but no more. This vastly reduces the possibility for error.

Also, I'm wondering if you guys ever got the chance to ask Cloudedtruth about incorporating the Female Sultry Follower Voice Fix into USLEEP. It's a nice little fix that I have found useful.

Anyway, thanks again.

That's not really a fix so much as a band-aid on a problem they aren't understanding properly. It has nothing to do with script lag. It's because modded cells often don't put navmeshes under them. That's the only real fix for the problem and it's why the existing system works for USLEEP because we corrected all the navmesh errors for the vanilla and DLC mannequin positions. The AI package might keep them from wandering if they get displaced, but it can't prevent them from being displaced. The engine expects all NPCs to be on a navmesh and will seek to move them there when the cells load.

Actually I have built collision plane prisions and navmesh islands for mannequins for quite awhile and it works for anyone with a slow to average PC. Anyone who has suped up video however often still will see mannequins wander outside said prison before popping back into place. This seems to increase in frequency the more the cell has in it. Take one of my museum armory cells for example. It has 17 mannequins all in niches like the divine shrines use in the temple of the divines, there are nav mesh islands under them and a collision plane blocking them in, with the activator sticking through a bit. When you first come into the cell everything is perfect; a little head movement sometimes but otherwise no wandering. Once you get it all loaded out however, some folks with fast PC's seem to actually see mannequins start to wander more.

I had a similar issue back in V8 of legacy where all the weapon displays in the main hall were set up using actual weapon models and had the useless vanilla havoc disable script, and for me on my crappy laptop, everything was perfect because the cell was slow enough to load that all the back in cell attach and processing happened before the 3D was released to the havoc engine it seemed, and nothing ever moved. People with decent PC's or good video cards experienced stuff falling and freezing mid air, making a slow descent to the ground each time they came in because the script was simply not fast enough to bind the object in place, or the game engine was too fast in releasing to the havoc engine before scripts ran their course.

It seems to me that maybe the mannequins are being effected in a similar way? I dunno. I haven't tested this new method, but I think that it along with having proper navmesh and plenty of room right around the mannequin to prevent displacement could in fact keep them in place.

That doesn't make sense. SMKViper has said several times that the better your frame rate, the more responsive Papyrus will be. So you should be seeing better PCs processing this stuff faster, not feeble ones getting right because they take longer.

I am entirely convinced it's a navmesh issue. Not everyone realizes they NEED to be under where the mannequins are expected to be placed. Even if that means making a 2 triangle island on a pedestal or something.

What you describe with weapons and the havok script is an entirely different scenario because it's well known that higher frame rates breed havok issues. Especially if vsync is off and it exceeds 60fps. Disabling vsync isn't a supported vanilla configuration though and IMO modders should not be expected to account for it because people think hitting 100fps in Skyrim is cool for some reason. The physics problems alone make that a mess.

ok, well going back to navmesh I can say that setting up a navmesh island alone is not the end all be all solution. Don't get me wrong, it's a massive improvement over not but I've used it for years and still seen issues, so something else has to be causing them to load to cell on another part of the navmesh. I am guessing it must have to do with the proximaty of collision objects to the mannequin. It something is too close it must displace them onto the nearest open space with a grid and then pop them back to the island. This however doesn't explain why they still meander around in some cases.

In my limited experience the best laid plans of navmeshing and NPC gang aft aglay but FWIW never had wandering mannequins.

Does it make any difference to modify mannequin collision data?

No, modifying their collision data won't matter. Though it is helpful not to stick them TOO close to a wall.

As far as navmesh not being the be all and end all, it sure seems to be in my experience. Not only did we fix it this way in vanilla +DLC, but it worked to fix the same issue with Falskaar and Wyrmstooth as well. Plus with my Castle Volkihar mod that turns the North Tower into a home.

• 3 weeks later...

Yep, been poking around with it since the day it released. All indications are it's the real deal this time. Added to the list.

Just wanted to mention that the recommended Invisibility Eye Fix should be replaced with Invisibility Eye Multifix, as it combines an updated version of the script and plugin from the recommended 2012 mod along with updated meshes of the 2014 mesh fix approach in order to ensure the fix across player and Actors.

The enchantment reload fix, does it fix the gold value so it calculates properly or no?

Because it doesn't make sense that higher enchant skill makes your enchanted items less valuable compared to weaker enchantments you made prior.

• 3 months later...

All meh321's stuff looks good except "Crash fixes" that is rather controversial. For short : the game always crashes for good reasons, no matter what they are. A crash forces the player to reload an healthy and exploitable savegame (please note it's written in italic). Avoiding crashes by any mean allows serious issues to propagate from savegame to savegame in a incremental way, with no cleansing at all, and maybe until the point where everything becomes fubar and unplayable. This is only speculation but imo that makes sense, don't you think ?  :shrug:

So we should swap the Lip Sync fix to Bug Fixes, but not mention Crash Fixes....

That duplicating NPC Perk on load seems serious. The others are merely display related.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

It's been over a year since anything new was posted here. I just got TES5 LE and I am going over STEP, which led me here. Anything new, or is this all fixed with these links?

I would like to know if I have to add more fixes.

Bad Wolf

Just found out the the mod Landscape Texture Transition Fix, is no longer on the Nexus

Edited by DontBlnkBadWolf
Discovery

• 1 month later...

The only thing that's new or should I say that's old is that USLEEP are no longer maintained due for being an old game and a lot of people and modders have already abandoned SLE and moved on to SSE.

Of course I could be wrong about this, but the USKP team would definitely know for sure.

On 28.01.2018 at 4:07 PM, Leonardo said:

The only thing that's new or should I say that's old is that USLEEP are no longer maintained due for being an old game and a lot of people and modders have already abandoned SLE and moved on to SSE.

Of course I could be wrong about this, but the USKP team would definitely know for sure.

This is nonsense. The majority of mods are not compatible with sse or partly compatible, and there is no hope that that would change as many of them are abandoned far ago. Why would we have to suffer if some strange persons want to move on? This is their problem. Just ignore them.

From my perspective, the only ones suffering will be the ones sticking to LE instead of moving on to SSE.

• Haha 1

• 1 year later...

Some of the links are dead.

Is there any chance they can be replaced?

Should I move to the Special Edition? I read different opinions about it. Some say that the community will stay with the Legendary Edition, others say that it will move on to the Special Edition. What do you suggest?

You should take the links being dead as a sign that it's time to move on to SSE. Pretty much everyone else already has. There's only a small contingent of stubborn people over on reddit who are clinging to the old and broken 32 bit game.

18 hours ago, Arthmoor said:

You should take the links being dead as a sign that it's time to move on to SSE. Pretty much everyone else already has. There's only a small contingent of stubborn people over on reddit who are clinging to the old and broken 32 bit game.

Is there a list of complementary mods for the onofficial patches for the Special Edition as well?

Is the process for installing mods on the SE the same of the old Skyrim?

Also, thanks for answering. :)