Bug Fixes Recommended in Addition to the Unofficial Patches

Arthmoor

These compliment Cutting Room Floor more than the USKP, they both restore cut content.

Guard Dialog Overhaul

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/23390/?

True Alteration Armor Visuals

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/51592/?

Oh those look good, I'll make sure these make it to the CRF thread. I've used GDO but never before caught the bit about "never used" dialogue options. Good eye!

• 4 months later...

Flora Respawn Fix (http://www.nexusmods...rim/mods/31268/) - This is a clever workaround for the bug introduced in Patch 1.3 where most flora objects in the game won't respawn no matter how long you wait for them. Requires unsupported TES5Edits and so is not suitable for inclusion in the USKP.

Someone recently uploaded this mod and from what I understand that mod does exactly the same thing as the listed Flora Respawn Fix mod does or is it a mod that doesn't have permission from the original author.

I'm curious about this mod too, but I can't find it listed in the OP.  Is that mod what you would consider to be a recommended mod fix in addition to the unofficial patches?

for me it looks like these mods forward some newer unofficial patches to the mentioned mods. the fact that the author didn't describe the problem and his fix in the first place makes them look rather odd though, especially considering the authors of the original mods are still active and no reports have been placed there.

What the heck? No description for either of those. AFAIK those are completely compatible with the USKP out of the box anyway, especailly since Flora Respawn Fix doesn't use the CK to fix the bug.

i just had a look at flora respawn fix's esp (since i had it installed anyway). there is not a single difference between the entries there and the USKP, except for one part: some nests have seasonal incredient production values set by USKP. which is something the Flora respawn fix doesn't need, because it uses its own respawn system/script. there is not a single need for anything to be fixed here. i'm going to let the author know. this may again turn out to be one of those posts that will get deleted shortly after...

That's a great mod, but it's not exactly a bug fix so doesn't really belong on this list.

i don't remember this myself, but apparently in very early versions of skyrim objects wouldn't turn opside down if you grabbed them. There are a few mods around that help with objects placement, and at least the part that allows me to place objects with their right orientation, i consider a bugfix.

i don't remember this myself, but apparently in very early versions of skyrim objects wouldn't turn opside down if you grabbed them.

IIRC you could swing objects upside down or just drop them to the ground then pick it up and place it.

That seems to have mixed reactions as to its effectiveness and the author appears to have abandoned it before addressing those concerns.

Plus it cancels out a number of fixes made by the unofficial patches.

Combat music fix iirc is already included in some form. Underwater sfx mod seems,broken (see comments), you other suggestions imho go beyond the uskp's scope.

• 2 weeks later...

I was looking at this mod and have to ask, is this a valid issue\bugfix? Or it is something else?. Im not entirely sure what this mod actually fixes even after reading it. Of course I understand the concept of adjusting time in game, but does this actually address some shortcoming in the vanilla game time and travel system,?

Fast travel timescale fix 

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/19389/?

I was looking at this mod and have to ask, is this a valid issue\bugfix? Or it is something else?. Im not entirely sure what this mod actually fixes even after reading it. Of course I understand the concept of adjusting time in game, but does this actually address some shortcoming in the vanilla game time and travel system,?

Fast travel timescale fix 

http://www.nexusmods...im/mods/19389/?

I don't really know how that mod works, but I've heard that adjusting the time scale in the game can sometimes lead to problems. Don't know if that's true or not with that mod for sure though.

It doesn't touch timescale, just a setting for the multiplier for hours passed when fast traveling. Probably out of the scope of the uskp as it's not really a bug

I think the premise of that mod is a bit stupid. It's quite obvious, that the skyrim is heavily condensed in the game. You can run from one end the the other in a few hours of ingame time, while realistically it should be a travel of several days or weeks.

Now i understand, that using fast travel forwards the clock much faster than running the same distance.

I think the time is actually better/more realistic for fast travelling.

Why would you want to simulate crossing the province i a few hours?

Who said fast travelling equals running all the way? I always interpreted it as a sort of fade out of boring stuff, not necessarily meaning that my character actually travelled very fast.

In all honesty, it never occured to me before, to compare the times between fast travel and actual game play. Why would it? There's no benefit. The whole condensing of distances in video games comes with a set of time (time to travel countryside is really short, time in dungeon long in comparison) and size (size of mountain vs size of city vs size of house exterios vs interior) -anomalies, that are best ignored.

Actually, it sounds like a good fix to me. There have been numerous complaints about the timescale of Touring Carriages versus fast travel. Fast travel takes much longer, and is basically Walk speed. So matching them better would be great!

It also affects things like Frostfall or whatever it's called.

The timescales are a bit screwed up in general. Reading a book takes less time than listening to a person say a few sentences.

So I'm glad somebody found the previously unknown setting. Kudos!

Probably out of the scope of the uskp as it's not really a bug

Yeah, it's definitely out of the scope of the USKP. Looks like more of a preference or immersion improvement mod, so it would be better to keep it separate. I don't know exactly what criteria Arthmoor takes into account when listing mods as "recommended in addition to the USKP" so I can't comment on that.

Hi. Just gotta ask. I have this bug where my character gets draugrs eyes, spriggan leaves, ice wraith on foot etc everytime I come in a cell where these creatures are.Does uskp have a fix to this? Please. Im desperateT.T

• 2 weeks later...

We've already done a distant decals fix on everything we believe falls within the scope of the project.

The dragon stalking issue is pretty much non-existent in a vanilla game. Seems to only be an issue with mods that increase the spawn rates for dragons. The solution isn't exactly looter friendly either.

It's not clear to me what the grass & ground fix mod is supposed to do. If it's for floating bushes, the USKP handles hundreds (maybe thousands by now) of those already. If remaining issues with those get reported we'll deal with them. If it's for landscape grass, then the ini file fragment takes care of those. If it's some other issue with landscape, the USKP intentionally avoids touching landscape because those kinds of edits always lead to problems when other mods become involved.

The bird thing we don't consider an issue. Only people who intentionally walk up to the tree and stare at it will even notice it.

The no-stretch thing makes a large number of changes to a large number of meshes and we simply don't have the time to validate them all properly. Plus resetting the UV scale on these things is not always the best solution.

Ragdoll paralysis isn't a bug fix.

• 1 month later...

You're either using a mod that conflicts with the edits made by the USKP, or you didn't install the UDGP update alongside the USKP update.